The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

83 posts Page 5 of 6
I'm flying back to Melbourne on the 23rd so I'll 16:8, Xmas Eve I am cooking for victory all day. The rest of the days until I go back on the 1st Jan, I shall enjoy really good homemade food and try and 16:8 every day. My birthday and our wedding anniversary are on the 29th so I shall be indulging big time!!
I shall do 16:8 as much as I can but enjoy really nice food in moderation as I know I am going back to lousy camp food in the new year when I can get stuck right in to 5:2!!!!
Tomorrow is the first fast of the Holidays and I plan a hardcore Christmas as I will fast monday, thursday and saturday even with nothing to lose. Just because the Holidays always are a difficult time for me and I am systematically sick with the flu or something like that and spend days in bed between the 24th and the 2nd.....
Your Christmas 5:2 strategy
20 Dec 2013, 13:57
So, what are you guys doing diet-wise over the festive period?

I will be doing gorging - and lots of it. And no gym (the soddin' thing is closed).

To counter these excesses, I am shifting from 5:2 to fasting every other day. Hopefully this will result in minimum weight gain.

What are you guys doing?
Re: Your Christmas 5:2 strategy
20 Dec 2013, 14:05
Well im expecting to be eating lots on the 25th. Ill be running around like crazy on 23rd and 24th in between work so not much time for eating so might be doing unofficial fasting by default.

too much food left over on Boxing day so will be not worrying about fasting till probably 28th.

Starting festivities already. Last night, first Chrissy party and it was time to cut open one of 2 Christmas pudding OH made. This one was particularly good.. and of course a dollop of cream and custard after an orange liqueur is poured on top and lit for some splendid flames.

here is pic from last night
20 Dec 2013, 14:29
Ack!! I don't want to see that pic!! (It's a fast day today).

I'll be having a good old binge tomorrow though ;) I normally do on a Saturday.
20 Dec 2013, 14:33
Happy Christmas Pip! i have good intentions but unsure i can honour them so not promising myself any fasts for the next week now..but will aim for 16:8 monday which MAY turn into a fast!

@Juliana.Rivers custard AND cream,you are my kinda gal! :razz:
20 Dec 2013, 14:38
I'm working on Monday so will fast then and might have a go at fasting on Saturday 28th as I'm working then as well. In between I'll try and miss a few breakfasts and a lunch or two. My youngest daughter will be 13 on the 27th so that keeps the eating going!
20 Dec 2013, 14:44
:heart: Well last night was my last xmas party meals out.
So my plans are fasting willingly today but will probably be over my 500 but under 1000.
Then 16:8 all the way to Christmas eve a pub lunch has now been mentioned which wasn't in my plans ( men)
25th = 16:8 with all the trimmings and extras !!!!
26th = 16:8 with some trimmings but a bit of caution.
27th = Fasting yes because of events I can do a real fastday!!!!!
16:8 most of the way up to new years eve.
31st Dec New years evening meal with friends + trimmings
My new year will start as of this moment = 16:8 but if I can do I will try to make it a fastday. Jan 3rd will be a fast deffo and this will be the start of my back to fasting week of 4:3 all the way through to another 50lbs loss :heart: :heart: :heart: Sue
20 Dec 2013, 15:04
Meal out tonight, Christmas market tomorrow, so will fast, normal Sunday, fast Monday, careful Tuesday, eat Wednesday, eat Thursday, fast Friday eat Saturday, fast Sunday, eat till 2 January!

That's my strategy, to take account of entertaining, meals out and a party.
20 Dec 2013, 15:06
I like your plan Sue X
20 Dec 2013, 15:32
I have one meal out tomorrow and then 24th/25th I'm going to take a complete breather and eat whatever I want. I will probably fast either Sunday or Monday next week (both if I'm very good), 26, 28 and 30th. I keep saying I'm ADF'ing in the run up to Christmas but never managed anything more than a 4:3. Still throwing in a 16:8 whenever I can though.
20 Dec 2013, 15:57
Hope you don't mind but I've merged the two Xmas fasting strategy threads to save confusion...
20 Dec 2013, 16:41
carorees wrote: Hope you don't mind but I've merged the two Xmas fasting strategy threads to save confusion...

That's what happened! I'm reading through these because it came up as an unread post and confused because I KNEW I had read some of these before! :doh: Lol :lol: All clear now. :geek:
20 Dec 2013, 16:42
Oh no! So I've CREATED confusion not removed it? D*mn!
20 Dec 2013, 16:44
Lol, it's ok Caroline :)
83 posts Page 5 of 6