The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

83 posts Page 6 of 6
Re: Your Christmas 5:2 strategy
20 Dec 2013, 22:59
CandiceMarie wrote: Happy Christmas Pip! i have good intentions but unsure i can honour them so not promising myself any fasts for the next week now..but will aim for 16:8 monday which MAY turn into a fast!

@Juliana.Rivers custard AND cream,you are my kinda gal! :razz:

On christmas day if i have time will also do a brandy butter... :oops:
20 Dec 2013, 23:00
carorees wrote: Hope you don't mind but I've merged the two Xmas fasting strategy threads to save confusion...

good idea carorees
20 Dec 2013, 23:04
I gave up on fasting in the last 30-60 days -- and that weight is creeping up again. I'll renew again after Christmas. Now I know that planning lets me drop about 3 pounds a month.
21 Dec 2013, 13:05
This wasn't planned ahead on purpose, but I'm not going home this year so I will miss the delicious Christmas dinner and the temptation and overindulgence that would come with that :frown: :cry:

BUT I figured since I'm not going to be surrounded by food, I might as well fast so I'm going to try and do a 3 day back to back "juice only" fast starting Monday. I'm not working so I figured I won't have anything that's too taxing to do that will let deal with whatever comes up from the longer than usual fast

I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel afterwards; I did a one day juice fast a few weeks ago and it felt so cleansing

I'll be back to regular 5:2 the 30 Dec.

Merry Christmas everyone :hugright: :hugleft: :dance:
The Fishbaum wrote: Oh no, @Vildekhaya, I didn't realise that Boxing Day was a Thursday. I am a rigid Monday Thursday faster (best days for sure) but I never move them because it seems to throw everything out. All I can say is, "Thank God it's not a Thursday Christmas." Good luck. Keep going.

My fasting is completely kaput right now. I had a failed fast a week before Christmas, didn't fast at all during Christmas week, managed a fast on my usual Monday this week (my first for well over a fortnight) and am not fasting today again as a friend is in town for lunch and our lunches tend to be long and boozy. And tomorrow I'm running a pub crawl so I won't fast again until Saturday.

I'll get back in the swing next week once my hectic festive social life returns to a more normal level. And then figure out how to shift the mysterious 3 kilos I put on overnight (!) around 20 December - although I'm fairly sure it's hormonal water retention rather than fat...
02 Jan 2014, 08:44
I seem to have a lot of that too vildekhaya!! I blew it big time and ended up as a bit of a piggy, despite managing 16:8 most days.
I don't have access to scales at camp and I am going to do alternate day until I fly back home on the 13th and hope that has undone some of the damage!!
02 Jan 2014, 09:32
Debs wrote: I seem to have a lot of that too vildekhaya!! I blew it big time and ended up as a bit of a piggy, despite managing 16:8 most days.
I don't have access to scales at camp and I am going to do alternate day until I fly back home on the 13th and hope that has undone some of the damage!!

I'm a Monday/Thursday faster but I love the flexibility - my work patterns can be erratic and so can my social life, so while I try and stick to my regular days I like that I can shift them around if need be. Pretty essential over the holiday season! So - fast on Saturday, then next week back to Monday and Thursday as usual. It also means I'll have done 3 fasts in 6 days, which should really kickstart everything again.
02 Jan 2014, 10:09
Nice to see you back here @vildekhaya :like:
83 posts Page 6 of 6