The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Results: Before & After

62 posts Page 1 of 5
'Before' and 'So Far' photos!
27 Aug 2013, 21:10
Just thought I'd give a sneaky upload of my 'before' and 'so far' photographs - finding them really helpful to see how my body's changing thanks to this WoE!

In the first photo six weeks ago it was my first day of fasting and I weighed in at 14 stone 5 pounds. In the second it was three weeks later and I weighed 13 stone 9, whilst the third was taken today, almost six weeks after having started and weighing 13 stone 3 pounds (I do know how grumpy I look in the last one!)

Onwards and downwards!

fat.jpg
Crikey, OH is sat next to me ........ she looks excellent ....... hands off gal!

Only joking, about the "hands off" bit, you are looking FAB :like: :like:
Hey pinchypops!

Well done, congrats! :clover: :victory: :heart:
Wow!! And in six weeks?! That's fantastic!!

Well done and keep it up xx
Well done you look fantastic.
Lil :heart:
Wonderful. The difference is incredible
very noticeable slimming down already...marvelous result in only 6 weeks! you must be thrilled!
Well done, you look great!
YAUZA!!!
The difference is HUGE, well done my dear!!!
Thank you, guys! I'm really pleased that I chose to record my weight-loss this way - the 'before' photo was meant to be a joke - I hadn't realised quite how big I'd gotten until I saw it!
Well done pinchypops, would you tell us what you've been doing to get this far, sharing your stats on the progress chart would also help to motivate others who haven't quite cracked it yet. How many inches have you lost around your middle etc. good luck wit your continued success.
Hi carieoates! Unfortunately I didn't measure my waist when I started but I'd guess that I lost at least 3/4 inches, considering how my hands feel around my middle now compared with before...to be honest, as you can see, before I didn't really have a waist - I think in the first photo I look like a potato!

I used to drink a LOT of cider and eat fairly mindlessly - now, even on my 'feast' days I am aware of what I am eating and I don't usually use these days as an excuse to 'pig out'. Since beginning the 5/2 I have been far more aware of what I'm eating as well as how much - healthier options are what I tend to go for most of the time, but I refuse to compromise on taste, so I make sure I add lots of tasty, healthy extras, such as spices, desiccated coconut, nuts and seeds. I have also tried making my own chocolate, with cacao powder, maple syrup and coconut oil (mix together 50g of each and keep in the freezer - add berries and nuts to taste!) - it's so rich I can only eat a small amount.

I have also introduced a lot more movement into my lifestyle, mainly in the form of walking my nan's beloved golden retriever, Bella! I now thoroughly enjoy walking for an hour or so around four times a week.

On fasting days I make sure my meals are interesting and eat lots of salad, fruit and protein, but don't skip out on flavour, including a homemade salsa (finely chopped peppers, red onion, mango and pineapple with a dash of vinegar and some mixed herbs) in most fast day dishes. I have also found that I prefer to eat a breakfast of fruit (you can buy 45 calorie pots of fruit from the co-op) and a couple of finely chopped almonds, with some natural fat free greek yoghurt, and either a large salad or small wrap for lunch. Yesterday I had three small meals for the first time, including a bowl of 80 calorie tomato soup for dinner.

I find that keeping as busy as possible on fasting days is the key to getting over hunger pangs, plus lots and lots of water. Sometimes fizzy water is the answer, as you feel as though you are drinking something a bit more interesting, whilst the bubbles fill you up!

Good luck everyone - I hope I haven't waffled on too long!xx
Inspirational! Thank you you look incredible.
Crikey pinchypops the difference is truly amazing :heart: :heart:
Well done and its not to late to get the tape measure out now then do a comparison 6/8 weeks down the line. Good Luck :clover: Sue
marvelous! Inspiring too. Can't wait to how even more wonderful you will look in a few more months. xxx
62 posts Page 1 of 5