The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

163 posts Page 10 of 11
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
I am still holding out hope. The loose skin is the worst on my stomach. At least two or three times a week I put coconut oil on it. Skin does lose elasticity over time with age. But, I do think the oil is helping a little. I have heard that it takes six to twelve months after a large weight loss for the skin to recover. It won't completely recover...but I believe there will be improvement. I will continue to believe it and mentally, spiritually, physically WILL it to shrink up. Keeping the faith because I've no money for the removal surgery. :wink:
Well, I've worked my way through body butter, Nivea, Palmers, coconut oil and Bio oil along with several 5gall drums of basic supermarket moisturiser and my hubby still calls me Mrs Wrinkle! So I guess I'm saying no too.
It may take years, but the body is an economical beast. If it finds it has no use for something it won't reproduce it, eventually. So as the old skin sloughs off, the new skin will contain fewer cells, then the next layer goes and the body makes fewer cells. But its a slow process. Plus it will never be 100% once you get past a certain youthfulness.

Well I'm hoping this will happen to me before I reach my grave. I would hate to have my own angel wings flapping under my arms
:heart: Angel Wings now that sounds better (than bingo)
:shock: someone once told me I had an angel on my shoulder
Well I've now got a pair under my arms :shock: :shock: :shock:
So no hope then !!!! I'll keep moisturising just in case :heart:
not regaining my 3 stone I'll just have to enjoy the company of my angels, plus I'm with Penny no more sleeveless tops :clover: Sue
I'm going to go against the grain here. I've been losing weight since Feb 2012 (over 5.5 stones in total) and have no loose or crepey skin at all (not even on my tummy). I only started exercising halfway through the weightloss but I do a lot of weight training so perhaps it's that?
How old are you @Bssh ? Age may be a critical factor here, especially for women past the menopause.
WOW on both counts - 5.5 stone and no crepey skin!!! Congratulations, @Bssh. Are you very young, perhaps? I think most of us on this whiney thread are older folk.

I've been assuming my paunchy belly is due mostly to too many ops (cesarian 26 years ago and hysterectomy 7 years ago). And I've been wondering if maybe I could do a couple hundred crunches a day and get rid of it. What do you all think? Trouble is, I'm better at having the willpower to not eat than the willpower to do crunches...

Hah - Julie! Your response appeared while I was writing this :smile:
I'm 43 and have had a c-section too. Don't get me wrong, I do have flab on my tum but as it shrinks the skin does too. I did alot of swimming as a kid and have always had terrific muscle tone whatever size I've been. I think it's this muscle that's helped me, to be honest, and now I'm weight training three times a week that helps too. Perhaps it's muscle that's key?
Oh, that 'creepy' skin! :frown: I spend about 5 seconds thinking, "I wish I'd addressed my weight with 5:2 years and years ago!" Then I kick myself in the rear (figuratively, of course) and lift my head up (like they teach you in yoga) and enjoy my arms that don't have fat hanging (along with the skin), admire my newly visible hip bones and ankle bones and carry on! I won't wear something that looks yucky, but I also won't go out of my way to camouflage parts of my body any more.

As Popeye said, "I am what I am!" :heart:
I have a friend who is very slim anyway but she's just lost a stone coz of a crisis meaning she hasnt eaten properly for a while,bless her
She said she can no longer show her arms,even tho she is so slender,as she has " pleats" in her upper arms now :(
Well done Border girl tho..you have the right attitude i think..we should let it all hang out as it were,but i havent quite plucked up the courage yet,tho i believe you are 100 per cent correct in what you said xx!
This article may be helpful:

http://www.evanhealy.com/blog/show/88

which sources this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Know-Your-Fats-Un ... 285&sr=1-1

which is now in my Amazon shopping cart.

:-)
Age 55 here. So about mid summer, I alternated between Q10 and Fit and Fab...both I read about on here. Then about 6 weeks ago I converted to vigorously rubbing with coconut oil. Somewhere in there, I lost the crepey loose skin "below" the bat wings. Don't know if it was due to time or combination time and products. I'm guardedly hopeful there may be more improvement with time and more weight loss.

The loose skin on my thighs makes a slap sound when I take my FitBit for a walk...unfortunate, but I pretend it is a fat burning hymn.
GoLinda wrote: The loose skin on my thighs makes a slap sound when I take my FitBit for a walk...unfortunate, but I pretend it is a fat burning hymn.

Oh Linda, that just made me :lol:
I'm 57 and my thighs also make a slappy sound when I rub the moisturiser on. :oops:
I do religiously moisturise all my bits after every shower now.
My wrinkly legs were worse a few months ago after the initial weight loss, getting a bit better now.
There's some hope I think!
Over the last forty years, I have never been at any of my many target weights for long enough to be able to tell if there is any hope for my skin to regain its youthful appearance!

At 64, I think that it is probably too late, but I do moisturise it and live in hope! :smile:
:heart: I'm with you stowegateResident :heart:
Everyone keeps telling me it all pulls back in time but at my age plus the amount of skin that will be left after another
3 stone has been lost I really don't think there's any hope
But I keep moisturising morning and night with coconut oil plus I'm using all other versions from gifts over last year.
Never say never. My New years quest is to join the gym again and wait for it go swimming !!!! Crikey me in a cozy now that will be a Sight :shock: :shock: :shock:
Every little helps so they say so I'll keep trying :clover: Sue :clover:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
163 posts Page 10 of 11