The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

163 posts Page 11 of 11
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
I'm also with you Stowegate Resident and SueQ. I moisturise daily, and since July joined a gym and swim about twice a week. I have currently started water aerobics (last did them about 15 years ago!) However, I still have very loose skin on my arms and at the top of my legs and at nearly 62 I don't think it is ever going to shrink back!
But I think I have got to that stage in life where as I'm now feeling good, I don't mind if I have a few loose bits here and there and I wear what I like and that includes swimming cossies. :smile:
Which coconut oils do people use? It's something I have been thinking about but didn't really know which was best to go for. :?: :grin:
I drink lots of water which helps keep my skin hydrated - always had extremely dry skin so I tend to go for the heavier creams. I was advised to massage the cream into legs and arms working from the extremity (foot/hand) towards the trunk rather than just rubbing it in until it disappears and definitely noticed a difference within a few days and overall don't look anywhere as wrinkly as I did in the summer. If I'm tired I still look quite ancient though!
Tickatape...I use the same organic virgin coconut oil I cook with. A jar in the kitchen and a jar in the bathroom. I rub it in my hands until it melts then apply like lotion. I do like the light glow it gives me. Also helps on those stomach fold lines because of the antibacterial properties.
Coconut oil here too. I'm not bothered really about what the skin looks like. I'm entitled to my battle scars.

Crunches do help the tummy flab and they are actually not time consuming. I used to 100 a day and noticed the difference within 2 weeks. At the moment my gym instructor is trying to help with the tummy, but all he can recommend is the stand tall and suck it in. That and pulling in the tummy with the other exercises.
GoLinda wrote: Tickatape...I use the same organic virgin coconut oil I cook with. A jar in the kitchen and a jar in the bathroom. I rub it in my hands until it melts then apply like lotion. I do like the light glow it gives me. Also helps on those stomach fold lines because of the antibacterial properties.

Thank you I will have a look when I next go shopping :grin:
loose skin?
09 Dec 2013, 13:28
For those of you who have lost loads of weight, I'm curious, do you have a lot of sagging skin? if so what do you do? Or does the slow/steady rate of loss help prevent it? Thanks.
I'll take the saggy skin over the excess weight any day. That's what elbow length sleeves and magic knickers are for!!! :D
Re: loose skin?
11 Dec 2013, 01:17
thank you!
I noticed that the 'orange peal' look on my skinny arms is going! It's still on my upper thighs and stomach & bottom, but wow! maybe it'll go????
Re: Excess skin......
20 Jan 2014, 21:24
Channel 4 uk programme tonight, 10pm "My baggy body" usual freak show fare I expect, but just maybe there'll be some tips!
20 Jan 2014, 21:49
Maybe the show will cover how we can look our Sharpei-ist?
20 Jan 2014, 22:07
ADFnFuel wrote: Maybe the show will cover how we can look our Sharpei-ist?

Groan! :geek: very witty though! :razz: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
163 posts Page 11 of 11