The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

163 posts Page 7 of 11
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Flabby skin
14 May 2013, 06:44
I have only been doing this for 1 week 4 days and am pleased to say have lost 6.5lb.my stomach does have a spare tyre. I was 206 pounds and am 5'5" tall. My question is to all of you that have lost a lot of weight is have you found your stomach has gone flatter or have you been left with saggy skin? I should mention that I am 51 years old as I'm sure age does make a difference. Hope someone can explain the best way to go. Thanks
Re: Flabby skin
14 May 2013, 06:46
See here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3915 (warning, long thread!)
And here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4533
Re: Flabby skin
14 May 2013, 11:15
Thank you for that. Interesting reading. I suppose its as one person said would you rather be fat or have a bit of flabby skin
Re: Excess skin......
27 May 2013, 20:54
Hi Ladies,

I would be interested to know if anyone has tried using a Dermaroller on their excess body skin to good effect? There's no getting away from the fact that it does hurt a bit, but its does promote a flood of collagen to the area [which should restore a small amount of elasticity]. It certainly works on the old face wrinkles!
27 May 2013, 23:10
Catalena, compresses, showers, even sprinkling cold water will do a bit of a difference. Whatever you can tolerate.

Fififlower, thanks for that, it's now in my London List!
15 Jun 2013, 08:47
Can Anyone say how long it takes to naturally lose excess skin, i mean say for each inch it takes 9 months or something like that?
15 Jun 2013, 10:45
I think it depends on so many things, such as age, hire long the skin has been stretched for and just individual variation that it's impossible to say. I've heard it said that after 2 years there's unlikely to be further improvement but others say most of the shrinkage is in the first 6 months. I presume if you are continuing to lose weight, that complicates the timing! Sorry, I'm no help!
I am shrinking, but my skin isn't. At a start weight of over 20stone (280lbs) and needing to quite literally lose HALF my body weight, what can I do to ensure I don't end up looking like an unmade rumpled bed.
I already moisturise and massage daily, but, already the skin on my tummy is full of rumples and folded in stretch marks, I haven't even lost 10% of my weight yet. :frown:
At some point you will have to start exercise like training. Increased muscle mass will help take up the slack.
I would have to end up looking like a Russian shot putter to take up the amount of slack I will have.
I am hoping to start exercising once I've had my surgery and lost a bit more weight.
There are a number of products you can try to tighten the skin, though I suspect it's best used before the problem gets too bad, tightening as you go so to speak.

I've used the Universal Contour Wrap by Germaine de Capuccini (sp?), a seaclay wrap. I've not had a loose skin problem as such but very wobbly flabby legs and terrible cellulite. It does help firm things up! I've been using it for years, and then a few years ago they featured it on supersize vs superskinny and were very impressed with the results.

Another I've tried, which seems to be just as good, but less messy than the clay wrap is the ActiDerm Liposculpt wrap kit. Actually a few members here are trying it out for their excess skin at the moment, I managed to arrange a few free kits for trial purposes (in exchange for the ad banner you'll see on the home page). Hopefully a few of those users will report back on how they're getting on with the product soon.

I've also heard of a Nivea firming lotion which is meant to be quite good. Perhaps I can arrange a trial of that too!
Hi Julieathome - I've not got any constructive advice for you (but I'm sure others will be along shortly to add to clairemarie and moogie's advice for you :smile: ) - in the meantime however - put a positive slant on it - you'll be a healthy unmade rumpled bed :wink: I've lost about 4stone, which I appreciate isn't as much as you're looking to shed, my rolls do hide quite nicely under clothes, but not the bare arms which are great as bats wings .... however, I'm just thinking of the health benefits. Not wanting to sound flippant, just trying to put the positive side of our flabby skin :grin:
I'm not negative as such about the flabby skin, I won't be stopping the weight loss for such a vain reason. I want to nip it in the bud so to say, and keep on top of it as I go.

Thanks for the info Moogie, its that kind of information I need.
There are a couple of threads about #excessskin that might be worth checking out...
I have my Actiderm body wrap kit, thank you for that Moogie, and after my holiday it will be my project for the winter to see how much I can get off my waist without losing any more weight and also if I can firm up flabby loose skin, so, watch this space in the coming weeks and months.Needless to say you will all be the first to know how I and him indoors get on,

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
163 posts Page 7 of 11