The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 114 of 134
Previous 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
24 Jan 2014, 16:59
Ay news Julie?
Friend opted instead for our 'usual' and I just had to go with something different, so I chose a starter size portion of baked mushrooms, peppers and mozzarella, with a slice of garlic bread and side salad. Finished friend's chips, too!!

Just had a lovely afternoon amongst the spices, making up a Malaysian 'curry powder' and an Indian one for Curried fruit chutney.
Hub is having a turkey curry and I'm having a veggie one with some lentils. I'm in heaven!
Must go to Asian supermarket to replenish tubs of spices!

Just seen your message bean - mmmm... chicken tikka masala...mmmmmm
24 Jan 2014, 17:14
Oh rats, rats and double rats! Just went to cook my supper only to realise it's got ground cashew nuts and coconut milk it. I'm allergic to nuts! Aaaaaghh :frown:

Never mind, am now having backup up Batchelors savoury rice (beef). Not quite the same though

Bean :starving:
24 Jan 2014, 17:16
Poor bean.
24 Jan 2014, 17:34
@nursebean sorry to hear about yr supper :(

You asked about the film Beanybobs..Wasnt Silver screen like we thought ( cheapo tickets for the wrinklies)..it was Big Scream which is for parents with babies..lots mums,dads going in with prams..
Not allowed in without a baby!
by the time we'd walked round the shops and stopped for lunch,i was getting tired,so came home,rather than go for the 1.30 showing...will go next week.

Ps Got a good book in charity shop,Song of the Hump Back Whale by Jodie Picoult
Also had a nice book of Christina Rossetti poetry but the book was a bit grubby..shame..
I love the last lines of her poem Goblin Market..
“For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands.”

Got two nice bday cards 50 p each

We also went into a posh new choc shop ...fab chox!
Tiny assistant told me she's lost three stone in three months working there..despite all the choccy temptation,being on her feet all day has meant the weight dropped off.

Ok gonna stop rambling on now x poor Bean only asked for my opinion on the film hehe!
24 Jan 2014, 17:58
Oh shame about the film Candice. How annoying! As if babies would enjoy a Doen Bris film. I don't think they'd get the subtle humour, do you? :)

Ooh you've given me an idea for a future career....a chocolatier! With the added bonus of losing weight whilst munching on chocolate. What could possibly bean better?

Bean :shock:
24 Jan 2014, 18:00
Bean, I know of a part time trainee chocolatier post going, but it might be a bit far for you to travel. That apart, it would be ideal for you.
Shame about the film Candice. Where was the new choc shop?
24 Jan 2014, 18:06
nursebean wrote: Oh shame about the film Candice. How annoying! As if babies would enjoy a Doen Bris film. I don't think they'd get the subtle humour, do you? :)

Ooh you've given me an idea for a future career....a chocolatier! With the added bonus of losing weight whilst munching on chocolate. What could possibly bean better?

Bean :shock:

Oh yes chocolate Bean! what a great job that would be! :grin:
24 Jan 2014, 18:31
Julieathome wrote: It looks more like Lymes disease (google for rash images, ewww! there are some horrid looking oneson there) as its formed rings on his neck. Two BIG ones, not little pimple ones. Though how he could get lymmes disease I haven't a clue. There are some deer around, but not on a rural village street. I'm puzzled.

Lymes disease or Borrelia is very common in dogs, saw it loads in my other life.
Did the doc take blood? Poor lad, has he been rolling around in the long grass?
24 Jan 2014, 18:36
It's tick borne so any source of ticks could be the cause. Hedgehogs, deer, foxes. But I'd have thought it would be the wrong time of year for it. On the other hand it's been relatively mild weather.

Shingles is unlikely because it's occurring on both sides of the body and in different places.

Could still be fungal if the organism is resistant to the antifungal.
24 Jan 2014, 19:40
I'm a bit late to the party but bleugghhh peanut butter. Smells like those emoticons silverdarling put on. Pooooooeeeeeee so does anything to do with peanuts. Like it in a cookie though
24 Jan 2014, 21:28
Bit late to the party folks, but bin working :bugeyes: :confused: but did manage a very nice lunch in Corbridge today - homemade cheese ham and pepper quiche and salad, followed by a wonderful egg custard, made by Mark Hart, who was on Britain's Best Bakery earlier this month ... It was fab. He is a former builder, only been baking for a couple of years apparently, and has a bakery / cafe in Consett, and supplies this little cafe in Corbridge. Anyone see the programme?

@PennyForthem - that menu looks fab - how come there are so many gastopubs near you?? Also like that there was a fish finger sandwich on there ... :lol: :wink:

@rawkaren @carieoates @Ballerina @Debs - been virtually 'stroking' an iMac 21.5in I saw in Tesco Kingston Park tonight, while getting some ink cartridges ... It certainly looks the part, but costs about £1150 ... :shock: :shock: :shock:
24 Jan 2014, 21:35
SD, go for it, you will just love the iMac, so stylish, :cool: not so sure about how efficient it is as I am not computerate :oops: but hubs thinks it's the dogs b'llox and I love it's streamlined looks so all in all a very happy household. :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 21:46
@Silverdarling I've also been thinking of changing from PC to a Mac. Thinking of the Mac mini because I've got a decent sized screen and plenty of desk space. However @rawKaren I have to leave QuickBooks as it's only available online (cloud based) on the Mac and the monthly cost is too high for my little business. Wondering about Quickfile as a free cloud based accounting software. Any thoughts?
24 Jan 2014, 22:06
Oh I can't recommend the iMac highly enough. We bought one last year and just haven't looked back. We now have iPad mini, iPad air (I bought my dad for Christmas!) and my dad also has an iPhone. They are just so easy to use and upgrades are free and seem to happen twice yearly. Yes, Apple is here to stay in this household. Oh and we even have an Apple TV so we can watch Netflix and FaceTime my sister in Canada on the big screen. It is just brilliant!

Bean :geek:
24 Jan 2014, 22:32
The doc thinks its plain and simple echzma, so he's changed the medication to a steroid cream and to keep slapping on the moisturiser. I mentioned Lymes Disease and he said there wasn't the telltale central blotch that there should be.

Its been a hard day today, lots of grumbling between the lads (a lot of 'he said, he said') you would think that being the ages they are that they would be above such childish behaviour, but the ASD characteristics just make them younger than their actual age. I guess I'm getting depressed thinking that we will never have an empty house, we will always be looking after one or the other of them. Its all been brought to a head with the unsettling realisation that our daughter is emigrating in 6 days. This time on Thursday she will hopefully be in the land of nod on her flight to Dubai, having sold all her worldly goods and handed the keys back to the landlady for her flat. The comparison is rather acute.

Tomorrow I'm up early, I could have done with going to my daughters today as I was already up so early, to help with clearing out her flat. She's found buyers for practically all of her belongings. The rest will come to ours for either selling, using, storing or packing. Jade will be staying over at a friends for saturday night, to do the last minute handover and cleaning on Sunday, then she will be coming to stay with us for some of the days leading up to Thursdays flight. She will be bouncing around staying with other members of the family for one last night etc. One last shopping, girlie day on Monday and Thursday she will be gone, to maybe see her again in August if she comes back then. Otherwise we won't see her until 2015 when we MAY be able to afford to go and see her, but probably not. Thank god for skype. I don't think I could have coped with just having a once every 3 month letter that my own mother used to send my Gran when we were in Australia.

I think an early night for me tonight. Well not yet as the lads are supposedly playing 'together' online, if that's playing together, then I should think murder would be done if they were on the opposite sides.
Previous 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 114 of 134