The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 29 of 134
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
27 Dec 2013, 13:29
Don't you just love this chatterbox thread!
Thanks to @PennyForthem and her good idea x
27 Dec 2013, 13:33
Azureblue wrote: Morning! Such a windy one too, OH just gone for a forage to the bins at the bottom of the garden, hope he makes it back :0,
Lovely to see three quarters of our family yesterday and lots of nice presents received and given. Happy grandchildren bouncing around all over the place, so a slow start for me today (woke at 9 :0@).
Second load of washing on, bed changed, coffee in hand. I have checked the dates on all the food we were given for presents and it all has months and months so relieved we don't have to eat it all at speed. Though my New Years resolution of no wheat nor sugar may have to relax a little ... Certainly will resume fasting for 24 hours on Monday and Thursday anyway :0)

Will be fasting too Mon/ Thurs @Azureblue and also attempting the NY no wheat/ sugar...but like you said, think will need to ease into it to accommodate the "food pressy finishing - off - of.." X
27 Dec 2013, 14:13
I'm having a good old sort out of old clothes, Mum's old treasures, old photos and son's old school things. I think we need a skip, not just a trip to the tip!

However, it has made me a bit maudlin, so I'll need cheering up, before I disappear for round 2!
27 Dec 2013, 14:20
It's the kind of thing that happens a lot, this time of year, I am afraid,Penny...

Imagine that I am on one foot, "running" after the nuts my cats have thrown everywhere in the kitchen to play with and how ridiculous I look right now, shouting at them on how irresponsible they are..... :shock: :grin:

And have a glass of good stuff for me as well.Cheers ! :razz:

@Ballerina, The sens of humor is the best remedy to not going crazy when you have to stay put and are not used to it :grin:
27 Dec 2013, 18:02
Any of the UK peeps watched Lucan on ITV? I just spent a happy couple of hours watching on catch up. Brilliant and far better than anything on the telly this Christmas. Highly recommend.
27 Dec 2013, 18:14
Yes I thought it was well done too Karen. The offerings for supposedly the best tv of the year over Christmas were dismal, very poor show!
27 Dec 2013, 18:34
callyanna wrote: Yes I thought it was well done too Karen. The offerings for supposedly the best tv of the year over Christmas were dismal, very poor show!

You've changed again @callyanna. Can't keep up! :heart:
27 Dec 2013, 18:44
rawkaren wrote:
callyanna wrote: Yes I thought it was well done too Karen. The offerings for supposedly the best tv of the year over Christmas were dismal, very poor show!

Mmm, wasn't entirely comfortable about having a pic of my grandsons out there in public so took it down, will give everyone a rest from my ugly mug too! :razz:
27 Dec 2013, 18:46
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote:

Mmm, wasn't entirely comfortable about having a pic of my grandsons out there in public so took it down, will give everyone a rest from my ugly mug too! :razz:

I liked it! Ah well. I know what you mean though.
27 Dec 2013, 20:28
A must-watch to continue the language discussion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xUIDRxdmc
My sincere apologies to any German speakers among us! I am eligible to poke fun though, being half German.

PS. In spite of "plonk" being defined in French, which I do not speak, and it being (apparently) an English word, I am still puzzled :grin:
27 Dec 2013, 20:43
@wendyjane plonk = cheap wine
27 Dec 2013, 20:43
Cheap wine, @wendyjane, that you guzzle rather than savour!
27 Dec 2013, 21:40
@PennyForthem sending massive cheer up hug from my train seat
Love from me and Richard Branson x
27 Dec 2013, 22:06
Ah @PennyForthem - agree with @Manderley it's the time of year, that funny kind of in-between time, that makes you think either of the past or the future, and I'm also feeling it atm :bugeyes: - I too have never liked NYE
27 Dec 2013, 22:09
No i dont like new years eve,makes me sad but i DO like yr pic SD! Xxx
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 29 of 134