The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 31 of 134
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
28 Dec 2013, 20:48
@nursebean our @rawkaren is off to Mallorca to soak up some rays. Have a lovely time, Karen.
I'm not jealous; oh no!
We collect our new pooch a week today, so no gallivanting for us!
28 Dec 2013, 20:50
Oh thanks @Pennyforthem. Sounds lovely doesn't it...but not as lovely as collecting a new pooch...how exciting! What breed? Have you named him or her yet? Oh now I'M jealous!!!
28 Dec 2013, 20:55
Bean, we are rehoming a chocolate roan cocker spaniel for a friend who's in hospital and can't look after her. We already have 2 springer bitches, so we are really hoping she settles well with the pack. She's about 6, so we'll know if it's going to work in a few weeks. We do hope so. Will post photos eventually.
28 Dec 2013, 21:05
Blimey, I haven't looked at this thread for a couple of days and I've had to spend ages catching up with all your antics, and.........I'm rubbing shoulders with two lottery winners!

Boxing day I took the girls into the sales. We got into Inverness at 10am and the place was dead. I know we don't have the density of people up here but I expected to get my elbows out in Next, but not so.

Yesterday my youngest turned 13 and my sister and her family came up for the day. It was lovely seeing them and we had ice cream and jelly for pudding. That has become a tradition.

I was working to day, where I spend most of the day reading my kindle. I actually quite enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Hope you enjoy your hols @rawkaren, I love Mallorca so I'm quite envious.
28 Dec 2013, 21:18
We had Christmas at home in East Sussex, then came up to my husbands small holding in North Wales on boxing day. He's got pigs, guinea fowl and chickens, so we're having fun with them, and eating very well :). Went to see Dick Whittington in Manchester today, which was great.

Got horrid earache, which is driving me mad - I'm never ill - have grudgingly taken some ibuprofen. Hopefully will be gone soon .

I'm really loving this downtime.
28 Dec 2013, 21:28
North Wales - close to me then. The smallholding sounds idyllic.
28 Dec 2013, 22:29
It is lovely, PennyForthem, if you ignore the mud and cold bedrooms! But its coming on, and the countryside is stunning. And I love playing the farmers wife, feeding the chickens.
28 Dec 2013, 22:33
My home stomping ground North Wales. I'm still within striking distance, well I will be once I've had my surgery. Which part is the smallholding in?

Update so far. I tried fasting today and couldn't get past 4pm, so I've called it a 16:8. I think I need to eat normally for a few days then get back into fasting on New years day. I've only been eating evening meals since Christmas day and feel the need to pig out on vegetables for a day or two first. Or it could be that I really NEED to fast to get rid of this un-balanced feeling. I will see what my fasting partner says tomorrow.

I woke up this morning feeling fine, I guess what they say about not getting hangovers on decent champagne is true. Hubby's new watch arrived today, he has very expensive tastes in everything, but watches are a nightmare. I saw him looking at a watch that was £380, I found it in the sales on Amazon for £95, so I bagged it for him. Go me bargain hunter. This one had better last as long as the last one, which is still going strong 15 years later and has been handed down to my youngest. He will be OK as long as he doesn't try diving with it on, as the seals for it are no longer available.

Today was nearly the Christmas crisis when our heating didn't come on. A bit of radiator bleeding sorted it. It wasn't air in the radiators, we think it was air trapped in the pump, by bleeding the radiators it forced more fresh water into the system which seems to have pushed the air lock along the pipes. Hopefully its now reached the 'trap' part of the system and won't bother us again.
28 Dec 2013, 23:01
Blast, I've just fallen over. My right ankle didn't co-operate in the important function of supporting my right leg when I needed to take a step (a degradation of my symptoms). I grabbed at the banister to stop myself but missed and got my arm trapped in the railings instead, wrenching my shoulder and twisting my ankle and knee really badly. I am waiting for the bruises to start showing.

I have now decided that tomorrows gym visit is NOT going to happen, unless its a trip to the Jacuuzi.

Christmas Crisis 2, except this one hasn't been averted.
29 Dec 2013, 00:06
Oh good luck @pennyforthem I really hope the new girl fits in and has a happy life. I'm sure it'll feel really strange for her to start with. Let's hope they all become the best of friends.

Looking forward to seeing the photes :-)
29 Dec 2013, 05:09
Julieathome wrote: Blast, I've just fallen over. My right ankle didn't co-operate in the important function of supporting my right leg when I needed to take a step (a degradation of my symptoms). I grabbed at the banister to stop myself but missed and got my arm trapped in the railings instead, wrenching my shoulder and twisting my ankle and knee really badly. I am waiting for the bruises to start showing.

I have now decided that tomorrows gym visit is NOT going to happen, unless its a trip to the Jacuuzi.

Hope you are ok this morning @julieathome
29 Dec 2013, 08:25
Good day to everybody :like:

Just read quickly what I missed yesterday,
@Julieathome, take care of yourself and stay as still as you can for a few days, I promise you, it's the best remedy, even if it can drives you nuts

@rawkaren, have lovely holidays

@PennyForthem, for the adaptation, hope all goes well :clover:

Still a bit swollen and in pain with an enormous bruise on my foot but much less than a few days ago, I only take painkillers before going to bed now (I hate painkillers). My mum has some nightmares back and drives everyone crazy. I shouldn't say that but suspect she doesn't like that all the attention is not focused on her.... Today's lunch should be interesting...

A bit disappointed because couldn't find some sprouts and I need them for New Year's lunch.How is it possible to be out of stock, I thought everyone hated them ? :grin:
29 Dec 2013, 09:10
Morning all from a gorgeous Wales!
To all wounded soldiers, big hugs.
@Manderley any sign of those mince pies yet? They should be with you soon as they were posted last Monday. I'm sending you some 'virtual sprouts' as well as you need those too!

Here... catch...
29 Dec 2013, 09:16
Julieathome wrote: Blast, I've just fallen over. My right ankle didn't co-operate in the important function of supporting my right leg when I needed to take a step (a degradation of my symptoms). I grabbed at the banister to stop myself but missed and got my arm trapped in the railings instead, wrenching my shoulder and twisting my ankle and knee really badly. I am waiting for the bruises to start showing.

Oh no! Hope not too much damage to be seen when the bruises appear! How are you today?
29 Dec 2013, 09:17
I don't know yet, I can't go to my mailbox on my own (have 20 steps and it's difficult with my foot) but will check when I'll go out for lunch, I'll tell you if they're here

The good thing with virtual sprouts is that they cook on their own, got them ! :grin:
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 31 of 134