Good points @wendyjane!
And @callyanna congrats to yr DIL ! X
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
11 Mar 2014, 18:48
Nice one Candy! :wink:

Bean xx
11 Mar 2014, 18:56
Hehehe! This should be in the senior sanctuary really..
Sitting here,glasses on catching up on stuff here,then realised i have another pair perched on top of my head! :lol:
11 Mar 2014, 19:00
CandiceMarie wrote: Hehehe! This should be in the senior sanctuary really..
Sitting here,glasses on catching up on stuff here,then realised i have another pair perched on top of my head! :lol:

I've been there!!

And sorry I'm slow, but I don't get the "L" pic....
11 Mar 2014, 19:01
Hehehehehehe! Don't worry old lady, you're in good company...

Bean :grin: :lol:
image.jpg
(53.83 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
11 Mar 2014, 19:03
Well if its good enough for him!
Gotta go..back later xx
11 Mar 2014, 19:27
wendyjane wrote:
CandiceMarie wrote: Hehehe! This should be in the senior sanctuary really..

I've been there!!

And sorry I'm slow, but I don't get the "L" pic....

@Wendyjane the 'L' is for a Learner driver and CandiceMarie was congratulating my DIL on passing her driving test so she no longer needs to display Learner plates :grin:
11 Mar 2014, 19:28
More on The Fresh Diet (after which I really MUST do useful things):

"We have revolutionized weight-loss by turning a "diet" into a convenient, delicious and affordable lifestyle! Our daily plan offers the freshest seasonal produce, prepared and delivered daily. The meals are bursting with flavor and health and are perfectly portioned for just the right amount of energy and nutritional value."

The meals do look delicious (miso halibut with wild rice and cabbage - mmm!) - though not everything is going to stay that way after a microwave reheat - fish doesn't do well at all in the microwave. They are certainly convenient, but affordable? $35 to $60 per day. Wow!

Lastly, I have a pet peeve about people publishing things online who don't bother to do a simple English edit:

" It’s delectable, guilt-free cuisine at it’s best!"
11 Mar 2014, 19:36
wendyjane wrote: More on The Fresh Diet (after which I really MUST do useful things):

"We have revolutionized weight-loss by turning a "diet" into a convenient, delicious and affordable lifestyle! Our daily plan offers the freshest seasonal produce, prepared and delivered daily. The meals are bursting with flavor and health and are perfectly portioned for just the right amount of energy and nutritional value."

The meals do look delicious (miso halibut with wild rice and cabbage - mmm!) - though not everything is going to stay that way after a microwave reheat - fish doesn't do well at all in the microwave. They are certainly convenient, but affordable? $35 to $60 per day. Wow!

Lastly, I have a pet peeve about people publishing things online who don't bother to do a simple English edit:

" It’s delectable, guilt-free cuisine at it’s best!"

Wow! $35-$60??? That is expensive! You could afford to go on a cookery course instead of a month's worth of these meals and then you would have the tools for life. "Give a man a fish etc etc"

Re: its and it's, when I used to work at a medical publishing company we had German clients who would always turn 'its' into 'it's' in our draft manuscripts and then we would have to have painful conversations with our client explaining that 'its' is an exception to the genetive s rule! They would try to tell us the rules of English while we wondered what they were paying us for if they were so good at writing....
11 Mar 2014, 19:39
Well done your DIL callyanna.

Well our trials and tribulations continue apace! After our Toba's allergic reaction to something over the weekend whilst away, our oldest springer, age 5, was very sick last night, but seemed much better by lunchtime.
Then puppy came down with it and we've rushed her to our vets (we've been there so often recently we hope we'll be invited to their christmas party) and now she's asleep on my knee which makes typing difficult! She's had two injections plus something for later. At this rate, we'll have to start farming them out! Although they're insured, all their treatment seems to come in just under the excess threshold!
The only healthy one of the bunch this weekend is our old girl who was kept on a lead this weekend. Makes me wonder what the rest of them ate as there were reports of people leaving rat poison on sandwiches for dogs.
11 Mar 2014, 19:40
Thanks, @Callyanna. No wonder I didn't get it. So the plates she no longer has to display are license plates? You can spot learner drivers from the plate on the car? Fascinating!
11 Mar 2014, 19:50
Learner drivers have to display L plates which are a red L on a white background. They are not the license plates. When a learner passes, the L plates (usually magneticstick ons) are removed.
11 Mar 2014, 19:56
@wendyjane, drivers under tuition must display a red Learner ('L') plate until they pass their driving test. Once they have passed the plates are no longer obligatory although some novice drivers often leave them on display so that other road users make allowances for their status. Some even display a green 'P' (for Probationary) plate for a further few months until they feel confident. :grin:
11 Mar 2014, 20:08
Our learner drivers display a yellow L plate (which means look out I have no idea what Im doing )
Then when they pass their test they display a Red P plate for a year (this means look out I drive like a I'm in a demolition derby)
Then the next two years they display a green p plate (this means look out I've been driving for a year so I'm the best driver in the world).
11 Mar 2014, 20:36
@PennyForthemI find the vet's bill is usually less than the excess-if there is a next time I'm thinking of opening a doggy savings account instead!
Previous 1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 103 of 134