The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 110 of 134
Previous 1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
15 Mar 2014, 13:39
Your op couldn't come soon enough by all accounts Julie. I have had the displeasure of cleaning out my sons fish tank today. He woke up to seven big, beautiful dead fish, they had boiled to death overnight. It stinks he said, they've been cooked I said. The 6 orange and 1 black mollies survived. So sad. He's gone to the zoo with the girlfriend, hubs is playing golf, daughter spending all day getting ready for a 13th birthday party.
Hope your day gets better and better @Julieathome and your patio plans are finalised.
15 Mar 2014, 14:29
@carieoates, same thing happened to our fish. I got up one morning and the tank was very cloudy and many of the fish were floating. The heater had malfunctioned and had boiled them. Over the next couple of days the rest of the fish died. Horrible!
15 Mar 2014, 15:58
wildmissus wrote: @carieoates, same thing happened to our fish. I got up one morning and the tank was very cloudy and many of the fish were floating. The heater had malfunctioned and had boiled them. Over the next couple of days the rest of the fish died. Horrible!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to put the surviving ones back into the cleaned out tank or put them into my tank downstairs. It was a complete water change with water that had been sat de -chlorinating for about two weeks. Plus I've added water treatment.
15 Mar 2014, 17:45
Thats a terrible story :cry:

Bean
15 Mar 2014, 17:53
Not nice. I once accidentally boiled my poor hamster. I was handling him (he was running up and down my arms etc) when I dropped him. He shouldn't have been harmed by that, but he dropped into a freshly made mug of tea. I plucked him out (he death gripped my finger in his teeth should I say) and instantly plunged him into a cold sink of water. Then straight to the vets. Steroids and antibiotics and keeping him very clean sorted him out. He did lose all the toes on one foot and half the foot including his toes on the other leg. He was still amazingly nippy clambering all over his bars and he lived another 3 years.
15 Mar 2014, 18:03
Oh what?! That's even worse ! My mum is as bad as you guys. She told me that a woman has just been imprisoned for microwaving her cat...because it killed her fish. I would like to do the same to her, I really would. Anyone that can do something so wicked doesn't deserve to be part of society.

Sorry to share that, it was just another depressing story she heard on the incredibly uplifting (not) Jeremy Vine show. Does anyone listen to that? Talk about depressing. Every day they talk about death and illness and anything awful that's happening in the world. If you want something uplifting avoid that and listen to Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo every Friday at 2 on Radio 5 Live. they really keep me going!

Bean :bugeyes:
15 Mar 2014, 19:09
And here they are...

Wouldn't be without them

Bean :heart:
15 Mar 2014, 19:26
Ohhh gosh bit stressed out about the fish,hamster tragedies..poor things :frown:

I went to the farmers market today and thought of you @PennyForthem xx but you weren't there :frown:

I hope all the forum doggies are ok today xx and that everyone is feeling great xx
15 Mar 2014, 19:38
Ah well, @candicemarie I looked out for you at our farmers' market and there was no sign of you!
Did you go to Lark lane?
15 Mar 2014, 19:39
Just been on another thread and got the song lady in Red in my head..
Suddenly reminded me,from age two to four,DD had an "imaginary friend" called The Red Lady
One example of red lady activity was, one day i was mopping the kitchen floor,DD was sitting at the kitchen table.Suddenly the kitchen light came on, much to my surprise.
DD said,it's alright Mummy,it was the Red lady who switched it on.
Over two years,the Red Lady faded to the Pink Lady,then vanished forever.
Anyone else had / their children had "imaginary friends " ??
15 Mar 2014, 19:40
No it was at Allerton Rd today,but i DID go to Lark lane for a cuppa in the Moroccan cafe x
Ps did you get much sleep in the end? Last night,last i heard you were hoping for six hours? X
15 Mar 2014, 21:01
nursebean wrote: Oh what?! That's even worse ! My mum is as bad as you guys. She told me that a woman has just been imprisoned for microwaving her cat...because it killed her fish. I would like to do the same to her, I really would. Anyone that can do something so wicked doesn't deserve to be part of society.

Sorry to share that, it was just another depressing story she heard on the incredibly uplifting (not) Jeremy Vine show. Does anyone listen to that? Talk about depressing. Every day they talk about death and illness and anything awful that's happening in the world. If you want something uplifting avoid that and listen to Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo every Friday at 2 on Radio 5 Live. they really keep me going!

Bean :bugeyes:

Golly that is dreadful. How could someone do such a thing? I agree about Jeremy Vine, he is on in the morning here when I get up so I go back a few hours and listen to Ken Bruce instead. More more my cup of tea! Well sorry to tell you all that I have had a lovely couple of hours by the pool here at the condo. Its 27 deg here today so I thought I would take advantage. It made me think that I need to stop taking the scenic route and get my fasting skates back on pronto...... :shock: :shock: :shock:
15 Mar 2014, 21:07
Oh @Rawkaren that sounds like heaven! What are you sipping by the pool?!

Bean :cool:
15 Mar 2014, 22:06
@nursebean and @rawkaren by the pool!
Viz a viz my question on the previous page,did you have an imaginary friend as a child? X
15 Mar 2014, 22:14
Blimey, I can't keep up with you no Candy Candy!!

Bean xx
Previous 1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 110 of 134