The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 113 of 134
Previous 1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
16 Mar 2014, 18:13
Went out to dinner at a very nice, very pricey restaurant last night with hubs and daughter - the foodie daughter. We'd had lunch at this place before but never dinner. We often eat out, but nearly always at very affordable places. I don't think I have ever ordered a $26 (15 pounds) ! entree before. My scallops listed who the diver was right on the menu. Hubs had lamb roast, daughter had octopus.
Then apple cobbler with gelato and a pot of chocolate with heavy cream. Wow.
16 Mar 2014, 18:39
What's it like in San Fran with the sun? There must be so many sights to explore...enjoy!

Ha ha how funny that you thought I was curly @PennyForthem! I did have a perm in the eighties that madmen look like Charles 1st but now I haven't got one kink...just crisp hair :shock:

Bean :starving:
16 Mar 2014, 20:38
Hi@nursebean. Beano. SF in the summer is apparently cool but here 30 mins inland it is like southern California. Hot and dry. The coast today is ten degrees cooler than here. Looks like I found a good place to live.
16 Mar 2014, 21:09
Sounds idyllic @Rawkaren :smile:

@Ballerina? A MILLION years younger?! Blimey, I must have looked rough before :confused:

I think blonde Beanie lives! Merci beaucoup everyone xx

Bean :starving: :heart:
16 Mar 2014, 21:50
@nursebean. Beano. I highly recommend this shampoo to you. It stops your hair from going like yellow wee. Once a week should be enough so the price is worth it as you will get 6 months worth from it. Don't let the scary purple colour put you off http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Results-M ... B0054Y6DVM
16 Mar 2014, 21:57
Thanks @Rawkaren! Yes, I currently use Shimmer Lights...thought I'd use this every wash to get rid of the yellow. It's certainly worked well for my first go...yes, you get purple everywhere don't you. Plus, if you leave it in too long, you end up with purpley hair :shock: I've also got a white toner from Directions on its way to me so hope that'll help,

Thanks, though, I'll try that one when I've finished my Shimmer Lights,

Bean :starving:
16 Mar 2014, 23:10
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone else watching Father Ted?
Maybe something to do with being a lapsed Catholic with convent school education ( more likely, a lapsed Catholic FOLLOWING a convent skool education!) but ...
Doesnt matter how often i see it,it still has me in stitches! X
17 Mar 2014, 00:02
One of our favourites!! Bought OH the DVDs, cracks me up every time!
17 Mar 2014, 07:11
One for the @nursebean!! At Flinders Street railway station in Melbourne,

image.jpg
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
17 Mar 2014, 08:18
I should point out, I made that profiterole! I love having friends who let me take over their kitchens when I go to stay. We had a lovely week in Victoria with friends, wining and dining and shopping! I needed to buy a new watch but couldn't find one I wanted so I have bought myself a nice Russian astronaut watch from the 1960s. I really wanted to treat myself to something for my promotion, but I can never find anything I really want!! I am not a 'stuff' person that's the trouble!

Bean, I vote blonde too!!
17 Mar 2014, 12:14
My sister went home from the hospital today. She has to go back on Friday for a diagnostic angiogram so they can look at the lower bit of her aorta and decide how to approach the repair if indeed it needs doing. Still, I'm sure she'll be happy to be in her own bed tonight! :victory:
17 Mar 2014, 12:18
Good news, Chook. Hope the angiogram gives a good result.
17 Mar 2014, 13:22
Morning, afternoon or evening campers. I nearly rugby tackled the postie today. I am so stressed out waiting for this hospital letter or even a phone call. Is it so bad to dive at the phone everytime it rings in the hope its the hospital saying they have had a cancellation and could I go in tomorrow? This wait is killing me, all I want to do is stress eat. I have planned a 4:3 this week, eating as clean as I can, so no grains, just to be in the best condition I can be. Yet I am only at lunch time of fast day number one and really struggling with myself as to whether I should fast or not. Last week I was out of control, luckily I hadn't put on any weight. But boy did I eat rubbish food and my skin is showing it. Really dull, spotty, old looking skin. I want a facial but can't get into town for it. Nah! What I really want is someone to invent a mini vacuum that you just roll all over your face and it sucks the contents of the blocked pores out.
So wish me luck fasting this week. I am going to need it.
17 Mar 2014, 15:40
After a talk at hubby (bouncing the thoughts off him), to make sure I wasn't making excuses, I have dropped the fasts till after my operation. I will eat as cleanly as I can, which won't be hard as I am craving vegetables at the moment, and stick to a 16:8 probably every day.

The feeling of relief and actually tension relief was actually palpable, it was evident in my shoulders etc that I was being very stressed about the fasting which isn't going to help weight loss anyway. So I'm now a 16:8 er.

Funnily enough I am frozen, which doesn't normally happen unless its a fast day. So I'm going to do some digging in the garden to warm up.
17 Mar 2014, 15:44
Probably a wise decision for you Julie. Hope that letter arrives quickly x
Previous 1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 113 of 134