The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 107 of 134
Previous 1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
13 Mar 2014, 19:51
@Debs congratulations!

In real terms, what does this mean with regard to working hours, accommodation etc?
13 Mar 2014, 19:57
Ballerina wrote: Hubs has seen his doctor and the good news is she has FINALLY told him to lose weight, hurrah! The not quite so good news is he is going to have tests done for heart problems...,,mmmmmm. Hope it's nothing serious, shouldn't think it is as she is happy for us to go off on our world tour of Scotland and get it all sorted out after that. Tomorrow is day 1 of 5:2 for him so he will be weighed and measured and then starved. :shock: :starving: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:

Forgot to say that I am in Nottingham to see Swan Lake, the Mathew Bourne male dancers only version xx

@Ballerina I look forward to hearing about the ever shrinking Mr Ballerina.

@Debs congrats, is that you want? I will be a fast learner, I can come and take over from you. I ain't scared of no snakes. Then we can fast together.
13 Mar 2014, 20:09
Ooh congratulations @Debs! What will it mean for you in practical terms?

I am having a carbiferous day today as it is DS's birthday and he requested lasagne for tea, followed by birthday cake. At his request I made a chocolate brownie cake (I followed my recipe for chocolate brownies but put the mixture in two 8" cake tins and then sandwiched the resulting giant brownies together using chocolate buttercream). Dread to think how many calories that lot amounted to!

I'm also trying to get to grips with a new computer. I have made a big change from an old PC running windows XP to a shiny new Apple Mac! All the keyboard shortcuts I know so well don't work and the new slimline keyboard seems to be causing tension in my shoulder. My old wrist rest that I used with the PC is too bulky for the new keyboard but I think I need some kind of a wrist rest. Also trying to work out if I need to buy Microsoft Office for Mac or can get away with the word processor etc that you get free with the Mac. As my job is writing I need a good word processor but I do hate spending money unnecessarily!

Going to have a look on Amazon for wrist rests now...
13 Mar 2014, 20:11
@debs. Congratultions! What a fabulous achievement :victory: :victory: :victory:
13 Mar 2014, 20:17
Morning ladies, and thank you!
I am sure Mr Ballerina will get used to it and start shrinking before your eyes, they lose it so quickly, the ratbags!!

Carieoates, I shall be moving to the mine camp, apparently bigger, newer and better, and probably too busy to think about eating, so that is good! I shall be overseeing the environmental management of the construction of a large iron ore mine for the lovely Gina Rinehardt. Australians will know her, :confused: living proof that money can't buy you happiness!! There are so few women on this project that I feel I am doing my bit for the sisterhood!! Would live for you to join me carieoates, a few more sensible, but fun women would be good. Too many admin girls together can get a bit bitchy, but a few more would be nice.

Yep, a Carboniferous weekend for me too carorees, enjoy the brownie extravaganza! I am hoping to stop at Milawa on the way to Beechworth for the weekend for some of their magnificent sourdough and corn bread, followed by a trawl around the sticky capital of Australia, Rutherglen. A weekend for you @Wineoclock, and all other winos, wine lovers out there!

I love my Apple Air carorees, I'm sure you'll get to love yours, a wrist rest is a good idea though.
13 Mar 2014, 20:40
@Debs congrats on the job. I agree with you about Gina.
Well that sounds like the perfect weekend, love Milawa the bread and cheese. Brown Brothers winery for lunch. Also love the King valley - Dal Zotto wine, Pizzini wines etc etc. MIL lives in Shepparton and SIL in Upotipotpon (yes that is a real place) so we are down there a lot. They came up for Christmas and must have spent over $500 on bread and cheese from Milawa, no wonder I gained weight.
Sigh enough of my ramblings enjoy your weekend Debs :smile:
13 Mar 2014, 21:21
@Carorees, my hubs (computer scientist, Mac and PC user, and Mac enthusiast) would definitely advise buying Microsoft Office.

It's a good thing no one is making my hubs fast - he has been known to scream and throw things when really hungry - and he's a fairly mellow low-key guy under normal circumstances. He does eat more or less 16:8 usually, at least, since he works out for an hour or more after waking before eating anything. And, his BMI is about 19, so no fasting required for weight loss purposes. :smile:

@Debs, what the heck is sparrowfart??

Gentle hugs from me to those in pain today - starting with @nursebean and @CandiceMarie.
13 Mar 2014, 21:22
Feeling relieved that I put my entry in for the Great taste awards today. Now I have to wait for a few months before the judging and then until August for results. Fingers crossed!
13 Mar 2014, 21:26
Congratulations@Debs!
13 Mar 2014, 21:27
Well @Wineoclock, funny you should mention Upotipotpon, lived there for 10 years!!!! Agree about King valley! love the Italian wines there, especially Pizzini Sangiovese and their magnificent Il Barone.
We shall be stocking up on a few Milawa cheese too!
Sparrowfart, @wendyjane, at the crack of dawn!!

Fingers crossed PFT.
Thank you Merlin!
13 Mar 2014, 21:46
@Debs what a small world, can't believe you actually lived there, when was that? I think we almost double the population when we go, I'm sure there's only about 11 or 12 people there 4 of whom are our family.
13 Mar 2014, 21:53
Yes, we left in 2010 to move to Tas. Lovely area, we had a big bush block but I got fed up with the drought. Very small world!
13 Mar 2014, 22:26
The highlight of my day today was to go to the new Aldi in Inverness this evening @Silverdarling :doh: . I'm all stocked up on Moser Roth, marzipan chocolate, Toro Roco and have you tried there 4 packs of individual ice creams, they get awards and are a very nice treat. The cat also got her favourite food as well. The only problem was that it was a family outing so I'll have to share the goodies. It was opening day and I was chatting to the guy on the till and he told me that he started work at 6:45am and there was already a huge queue for an 8am opening. He was working 'til 9pm, so a 14 hour shift and was going to do the same again tomorrow! Well seeing he was new, there was no mad rush at the till to get the stuff in my trolley.

@Ballerina, be prepared for an awful lot of moaning. My Oh did 5:2 with me for a while in the early days and successfully lost a stone. He moaned constantly but telling him things like 'you can have it tomorrow' would have him staying up until one minute past midnight to have toast and butter :shock: . With me still having heart problems when I told my doctor I was fasting she was happy for me to continue with that. Her attitude was very much that anything you can do to lose weight/keep weight down is only going to help your heart. I wasn't sure about fasting to begin with as I started to think I felt worse by fasting but I think that was just an excuse not to fast. I am now firmly back doing my liquid fasts and no ill effects! So don't put up with any of his excuses.
13 Mar 2014, 22:41
We have nearly finished the Moser Roth I bought last Friday so are making a trip to Aldi tomorrow to stock up with more. I like those small bars, a good treat without doing too much damage.

I hope you get your health problems sorted out soon @wildmissus and glad to hear that you feel able to do your liquid fasts again successfully :smile:
13 Mar 2014, 23:53
Just home from the ballet and it was wonderful, just bliss. Hubs was already in bed and asleep but I can smell, and see the crumbs, that he had toast, hope he enjoyed it because it's the last toast he will have for a VERY long time. He did do 5:2 with me over a year ago and lost 1 st but when he found that his blood markers were no different he gave it up, immediately. That's not going to happen this time, he is going to lose AT LEAST 3 st or I will want to know the reason why. Wish me luck with this one, I suspect keeping him on it will be worse than doing it myself :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 107 of 134