The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 115 of 134
Previous 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
18 Mar 2014, 07:10
I was indeed tempted into Aldi by the chocolate from Wendy Darling. I will not go there again as I cannot be trusted. I love chocolate and nuts, the nuttier the better! We polished off the chocolate from the East Anglia meet up the instant I arrived home, no saving going on here.

We have a small plum tree that the previous owner of this house planted; not enough plums to make jam yet but the ones it produces are good. There were also some very old apple trees. Some we have got rid of and some we have kept. One did very badly in the weather a couple of years ago and hasn't fully recovered yet. Hoping this year it will.
18 Mar 2014, 07:36
just popping in to catch up with you all, before dashing off to a Food Allergen workshop. Oh, I know how to live....
18 Mar 2014, 08:56
Have a great day @Pennyforthem and keep us informed of what you learn as it sounds quite interesting

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Mar 2014, 09:04
Ooh yes Penny, that does sound like an interesting workshop. Hope you enjoy!

Yesterday was so beautiful here in Hampshire. It was like a Summer's day...are we not bothering with Spring this year?! Of course, this weather just makes you wanna be on holiday. I spent ages looking for a holiday cottage in Padstow (I love it there!) I think I've left it too late as most are fully booked in May/June. I found a beautiful one, which was free. I was just about to book it when I realised they don't accept dogs...doh!! :curse:

Oh well, no holiday this year then :frown:

Bean :starving:
image.jpg
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
18 Mar 2014, 09:41
@nursebean Dogs Trust have a link with a dog friendly holiday cottage firm- have a look at their web site I expect there is a link there .
18 Mar 2014, 12:17
Just read through the posts on here, it takes a while! We have had our very first heritage apples from our garden, Beauty of Bath, Pine golden Pippin, Cornish something or other, Ribston Pippin, very satisfying.
18 Mar 2014, 12:41
Wow it's windy here today!
Think we will go to Silver Screen cinema instead of the shops
Thinking of seeing Grand Hotel of Budapest but t he highlight of the afternoon for me is the free cuppa and two biscuits! X
image.jpg
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
18 Mar 2014, 12:44
That film has had great reviews, hope you enjoy it. I watched Philomena on the plane over to Perth this afternoon, I should have watched the Hobbit, The Desolation of Smaug, I might not have snivelled so much!!
18 Mar 2014, 13:18
I have just had a definative answer from the hospital. I called admissions, no record of any listing for me. A bit of a panic so they put me through to my surgeons secretary who has me pencilled in for the 25th but has now added me as a definite. I should be getting the admissions letter tomorrow or Thursday.

Its ahorrible wet and blowy day here. I forgot to bring the washing in last night so I now have sopping wet sheets, a quilt and assorted normal laundry whipping in the wind or tangling up in the wires.
18 Mar 2014, 13:22
Glad youve got sorted @Julieathome so this time next week,will be all systems go! :like:
Miserable and windy here too :0(
18 Mar 2014, 15:00
What a relief for you Julie that you finally have a date, best of luck

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Mar 2014, 15:05
Fast forward this time next week Julie and it will all be over! So glad you've got a definite date at last.
18 Mar 2014, 15:12
Good news, Julie - let's hope they don't change it.

My brain has been fried!! So many changes coming in the UK, with new legislation to inform allergy suffers. I think the changes for me are quite minor, as I already have to put down allergens on my labels, but for shops, cafes, restaurants, even market stalls, the changes will be far reaching, as all staff will have to know what allergens are in each dish/product, or there will have to be a list of them on the menu etc.
It's not coming in until December this year - and then there is a whole raft load of labelling changes in 2016 which will affect me - nutritional content of my chutneys, which I don't have to display at the moment.

Anyway, signing off for now with brain fade....
18 Mar 2014, 15:27
Makes me laugh when peanut butter says "may contain nuts"...that's labelling going nuts...literally!! However, as a nut allergy person I rarely come across, say, a waitress who knows whether there are any nuts in a pudding, and I have to go without just to be safe. Great weigh to lose weight I guess!! :wink:

Bean :starving:
18 Mar 2014, 15:33
My pack of kippers contained fish!
Previous 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 115 of 134