Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 116 of 134
Previous 1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
18 Mar 2014, 15:34
What?!!! :shock:
18 Mar 2014, 15:42
Last thing you'd expect in a pack of fish really!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 Mar 2014, 15:58
Julieathome wrote: I have just had a definative answer from the hospital. I called admissions, no record of any listing for me. A bit of a panic so they put me through to my surgeons secretary who has me pencilled in for the 25th but has now added me as a definite. I should be getting the admissions letter tomorrow or Thursday.

Its ahorrible wet and blowy day here. I forgot to bring the washing in last night so I now have sopping wet sheets, a quilt and assorted normal laundry whipping in the wind or tangling up in the wires.

Let's hope you get this sorted at last @Julieathome....all my best wishes to you for next week. :heart:
18 Mar 2014, 16:00
Ah well, if it's an allergen, then it'll state the obvious!
Sometimes I just want to sell up, but I know I won't!
18 Mar 2014, 16:19
is there anything that isn't an allergen for someone?
18 Mar 2014, 16:36
Yes - and no. At the moment, there are 14 'substances' which have to be named on packaging or, indeed, any product you buy to eat, whether at home or in a restaurant
http://food.gov.uk/business-industry/gu ... yh1hdhF3Z4

I believe there are plans to increase these to include some fruits.
18 Mar 2014, 17:51
PennyForthem wrote: Yes - and no. At the moment, there are 14 'substances' which have to be named on packaging or, indeed, any product you buy to eat, whether at home or in a restaurant
http://food.gov.uk/business-industry/gu ... yh1hdhF3Z4

I believe there are plans to increase these to include some fruits.

Interesting - I've never heard of allergy or intolerance to celery or mustard. Must look that up! On the other hand, people who have an allergy to latex can react badly to kiwi, melon, banana and avocado and other similar fruits so I'm surprised they're not on the list.
18 Mar 2014, 18:02
Those fruits have been mentioned today. And strawberry, too
18 Mar 2014, 18:16
Oh yes, I've heard of people coming out in a rash after eating strawberries :shock:
18 Mar 2014, 19:39
@Merlin and@nursebean
So funny about the contains fish / nuts labelling!
Things like that always make me chuckle
Also,v funny..you often see "display suggestion" on say, a packet of cakes..and the suggestion is a picture that just shows the cakes - on a plate! Hehe! Oh ...i was thinking of displaying them by fixing them onto an alice band on my head! :lol: :lol:
18 Mar 2014, 22:13
Just caught up with all the chatter about apples and temptation. So sorry if I have been the cause of the temptation. I am still, enjoying the Aldi chocolate, good job, as I bought plenty last Friday :pig2: what I like about those little bars is that you can eat one without too much damage, for me it's better than eating a full bar which is something I can do easily, with or without nuts. A bit like this forum :lol:
18 Mar 2014, 22:15
Er, I wouldn't do that if I were you Candy!! :grin: :grin:

Bean :starving:
18 Mar 2014, 23:08
I'm sure I've seen "contains milk" on yoghurt and butter too - doh!

I've been on a works meal tonight and am feeling extremely bloated even though I didn't eat nearly as much as I would have before I started fasting. My tummy protested very quickly after the meal too....

On a positive though I had lots of compliments today and for the second time this week have gone out without my security-blanket statutory black cardigan!
19 Mar 2014, 10:31
Definitely a bit of a zombie today after a feral day at work learning the ropes! I am now hiding in my room, eating salad and catching up on here. Got all my 'stuff' around me so it feels a bit more like my room for three weeks anyway.
19 Mar 2014, 10:38
Aw poor Debs! you'll soon get the hang of your new routine but bet your head's spinning right now with so much to learn! At least you have lovely healthy food to sustain you! Thinking of you and wishing you well x
Previous 1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 116 of 134