The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 114 of 134
Previous 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
17 Mar 2014, 15:51
Best of luck to you @julieathome, making decisions can make you feel so much better. Fingers crossed it will come soon. And I believe that you won't go mad with food not now. Plus you will lose a bit after anyway. :oops:

@Debs best wishes with the new job and yes let's hope you can get that great food you want.
17 Mar 2014, 16:23
Gutted!

Next door neighbours have felled 'our' apple tree. It was always a prolific fruiter with a mix of eaters and a cooker.

Gutted!
17 Mar 2014, 16:48
Good news @Chook x and @Julieathome ..a wise decision x

So sorry@PennyForthem about your tree ..why did they do that to a tree that provided you with apples and also with all the pleasure that trees bring us? X
17 Mar 2014, 17:22
They want to do some landscaping in their garden. I mean, the very cheek of it, felling what was a perfectly good apple tree to build a wall.
The fact that it was their tree on their land had nothing to do with it!
17 Mar 2014, 17:28
What a shame, good apple trees are a marvel. Perhaps you could plant a new one next to their flippin' wall!
17 Mar 2014, 17:37
Ahh just noted the quotes round " our"!
Still very sad tho to lose a tree :(
I agree with @Azureblue ..why not plant your own now! X x
17 Mar 2014, 17:39
Hugs, best wishes and congratulations all round; crikey if you miss a day or so on here you've had it. I'm never going shopping in Aldi again @nursebeancover your ears!- I bought all manner of delicious chocolate, especially the ones with nuts in because I know nobody else in the family likes it!! Consequently I am in the middle of a chocolate frenzy which is not going to end well. I must never never be allowed in there again :(
17 Mar 2014, 17:40
Yes indeed. We do have some apple trees, but they are only young and are not very prolific. On the other hand, one of our young pear trees was so laden last year, we had to prop it up.
One of our trees is not going to be productive - I can't remember its variety. It will come up and be replaced by a family tree of a cooker and eaters. We also have 2 damson trees in their third summer.
17 Mar 2014, 22:39
That's ok @Loulou51 chocolates with nuts are pure poison! :wink:

Bean :sleepy:
17 Mar 2014, 23:00
Two foods I can always say no to: chocolate and nuts. And together? No sireee....
17 Mar 2014, 23:11
@PennyForthem, a few years ago we planted two cookers, two eaters, two pears and four plum trees along our front verge. They don't do very well because the wind across the Fens tends to rip the blossom off before they can be fertilised, plus there aren't a lot of pollinators around here because we're in the middle of arable farms. We also 're-homed' an eight year old plum tree a few years back and it crops better than any of the others. The neighbours who gave it to us receive plum jam regularly as an on-going 'thank-you'!

@Loulou51, were you tempted into Aldi by the chocolate that @Wendy Darling gave us when we met up? I have hidden mine so no-one else will eat it! I ate several of the tiny bars before checking the calories - 226 in the one I had just stuffed into my mouth. :shock: Wendy Darling has a lot to answer for but i am enjoying them! :wink:
17 Mar 2014, 23:17
For a second there @Stowgateresident I thought you literally planted cookers! I guess you're referring to apples? :oops:

Oh chocolate is pure poison :wink:

Bean :smile:
17 Mar 2014, 23:57
Indeed, @nursebean, I was referring to apples, although the fly tippers that we occasionally get around here, obviously do think that the countryside is an appropriate place to plant cookers and fridges and old sofas - you get the idea I'm sure! :frown:

As for chocolate, it could never be a poison - except to dogs of course!
18 Mar 2014, 00:00
Poor dogs, life's so,unfair!

Bean :confused:
18 Mar 2014, 00:21
I feel your pain @PennyForthem - our neighbours took their beautiful cooker out a few years ago so our tiny, stunted one is all that remains of the orchard that was here before our houses - hubby keeps on about taking it out but that just isn't happening!
@Stowgateresident - flytipping drives me nuts - I would love to gather some of it up and deliver it back to the people it belongs to!

Anyway - better get to bed - London tomorrow and food food food as it's someone's leaving do..... :grin:
Previous 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 114 of 134