The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 117 of 134
Previous 1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
19 Mar 2014, 10:41
Thank you Callyanna, must admit, feeling a bit flat at the moment now I have stopped for five minutes! Times like this I could do with a phone a friend moment, but they are all in bed over east.
19 Mar 2014, 10:55
Awe Debs hugs xx

Yes Madcatlady, you will have seen that, as milk is on the list of allergens! However much it seems like stating the obvious, these things have to be declared!
19 Mar 2014, 10:57
Glad I'm not knowingly allergies to anything other than work, what a bind to have to be so careful all the time.
19 Mar 2014, 11:09
Just been thinking.....why would you eat lupins!
19 Mar 2014, 11:18
I must admit I thought Lupins were poisonous.
19 Mar 2014, 11:40
Your lupins or your life - was that Monty Python?
19 Mar 2014, 13:50
Aww @Debs hope you'll soon feel settled.

Bean :heart:
image.jpg
A little something to make you smile ;)
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
19 Mar 2014, 14:15
Yes @Debs sending you some of Bean and my famous marshmallow hugs x x x and a bunny to cuddle x
image.jpg
image.jpg
(8.34 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
19 Mar 2014, 16:19
Oh blow! That's reminded me. I keep meaning to get some marshmallows...doh!

Bean :bugeyes:
19 Mar 2014, 16:51
I've got the admissions letter. One step closer, I've been in a high state of anxiety all day and can't seem to calm it down.
I have to be at the hospital for 7:15 am which means we will need to leave here at 5:00am yet they want us to have a shower before we leave home, so i will have to be up and in the shower for 4:30. I will have to wash my hair the day before though as it won't dry in time. I can't blow dry it, its so long the strands tend to escape and get sucked into the back of the hair drier and catching fire.

I could do with something to calm my nerves, but I've been ordered to stop all vitamins and supplements already and I've got to stop the anti-inflammatory painkiller 2 days before as well. So what foods can I eat that are calming to the over stressed nerves?

Marshmallows? I used to make trays of marshmallow and rice Krispie squares. They are actually a pretty low calorie sweet snack as they are just full of air and really simple to make. Just melt some marshmallows in a large bowl over a pan of simering water, then ad hand fulls of rice krispies as you stir. Keep on adding rice krispies till the mix won't accept any more. Tip the very sticky, stringy mess out on to a greased or silicon lined tray and flatten with a hot, wet knife or spoon. Leave to go cold and set. Cut up into squares. and enjoy.
19 Mar 2014, 18:02
Oh poor Julie, try not to worry. Here's some little friends for you...

Bean :heart:
19 Mar 2014, 18:28
Julieathome wrote: I could do with something to calm my nerves, but I've been ordered to stop all vitamins and supplements already and I've got to stop the anti-inflammatory painkiller 2 days before as well. So what foods can I eat that are calming to the over stressed nerves?.

@Julieathome I remember them telling me this too. I was more worried about my family being able to cope whilst I was incapacitated. Nothing anyone can say will stop you from worrying, it's only natural.
Maybe some relaxation techniques will help. This is one of mine. Failing that a brandy will do...... :oops:
But you'll be fine Julie, just take yourself away to that far away favourite holiday destination in your memory banks, smell the air, take a deep breath or two and smile.
19 Mar 2014, 18:34
Perhaps camomile tea or something like that would be helpful? Doing one of your Sansone videos might release some endorphins? Sunshine is good, too, if you've got some around to get out into.

I'm sending you my very best wishes and some hugs, too, for next week. :clover: :heart:
20 Mar 2014, 01:58
Thank you all. I did my good Samaritan bit today and hopefully helped out someone with Autistic tenancies. Plus I had some amazing bargains at the auctions.

The gent we helped was a total stranger, I was in the car with Adam and someone was hitch hiking in a local village. Nicely dressed etc. so we stopped and helped him. We got chatting and by the end of the ride into the local town I asked him if he was Aspergers or Autistic and he said he was and asked how I guessed. The conversation ended up with us promising to give him a ride back as we were all just going to the nearest supermarket. I spent the whole ride back writing down website links and being an informed ear. His doctor couldn't help, there are no adult services for mild to moderate autistic/aspergers people in our county anymore, he had just been left to cope on his own with handfuls of anti-depressants. He was in a right state and so grateful that there was someone who understood and didn't immediately label him crazy. As I said to him, there wasn't any cure, just coping mechanisms and finding the niche where you can live work and enjoy life whilst still being true to oneself. I hope I've been able to help him, without the knowledge I've managed to pick up either of my sons could have been in the same desperate situation.

The bargains today included brand new kitchen worktop pieces, still in their wrappers, 5 foot long, 4 of, and some smaller pieces for £12. Easily enough to finish the workbenches in my shed. Plus a semi professional band-saw for £70 with spare blades (worth at least £50 included) and a cupboard stand with it too. All that plus some lovely mahogany timber that I will be able to use when I start turning again. I never did get the drop leaf table I originally went in there for, who cares, I came out with some bargains.
20 Mar 2014, 08:22
You were meant to be there for that gentleman i think! I' m sure all your info and tips will help him lots @Julieathome x and well done with the bargains!
Previous 1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 117 of 134