The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 119 of 134
Previous 1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
20 Mar 2014, 16:48
I thought of you angie when I saw the cheesecake! Xx
Yep am ok thks..its nice to have DD here..they stayed here last night,now ensconced in posho hotel!
Hope work goes ok xx
20 Mar 2014, 18:10
Oh @Rawkaren it'll be so good to have you back! We keep missing each other :confused: hope you have a good flight xx

Candy, I love the sound of that cheesecake. It's funny but I'm thinking of treating myself to a wonderful looking cheesecake book tomorrow. Have had my eye on it for a while :wink:

Heard from my sister yesterday. She's coming over to stay with us for two weeks, along with her two little boys and hubby. It's gonna be pretty cramped here and the boys are full on so I may not make it through :bugeyes: but it'll be so great to see them again. It's bean almost a year now :frown:

Bean :starving:
20 Mar 2014, 19:11
Peanut butter cheese cake. Sounds divine. :rotfl:
20 Mar 2014, 19:22
Mmmmm...........peanut butter cheesecake!
20 Mar 2014, 19:47
Mmm i know Carie and WM ..it was fabarooney!th emilk sorbet was lovely too...like a very milky vamilla ice cream!
@nursebean good news you' ll see your sis again! Hopefully she' ll keep the boys in line! X
20 Mar 2014, 21:08
Azureblue wrote: Happy Equinox everyone! It's official, we're sunny side up for 6 months :0)

Eggs again @azureblue :lol: :lol: hope you're keeping away from 'em :razz:

@rawkaren - hope you're ready for the cold and windy weather up here in t' frozen north! And @wildmissus and @Ballerina - hope you've not got snow :shock: :bugeyes:
20 Mar 2014, 21:17
@Pennyforthem I'm sorry if she disconcerts you :frown: However, she is very dear to my heart so I hope you'll get used to her. She is actually a chocolate birthday cake that I made a couple of years ago for a sixteen year old who was very into Manga comics. I've made a LOT of cakes and I actually love the fact that they get cut up and eaten, rather than other crafts that hang around. However, I fell in love with her and was really sad to see her go :cry:

The reason I chose her is that aside from how she looks, she reminds me that tomorrow I can have chocolate cake if I want to, no guilt :smile: :like:
20 Mar 2014, 21:48
@Winsome, did you create/paint the image yourself, or is it transferred by some digital mechanism to the cake? I've always wondered how this is done...
20 Mar 2014, 22:17
@wendyjane the process is that I drew an image to fit the cake - not all of which is shown on the avatar; the whole thing showed her shoulders and the top of a strapless dress, and a bow in her hair - then copied it several times to give me templates of the various sections. The cake was covered with sugar paste (also known as ready to roll icing or fondant) in the background colour, then thin layers of paste were used to build up the image. Neck, face, then the hair. The chin is slightly raised, and the hair is done in sections and textured with modelling tools, so overall the icing isn't perfectly flat. Her features are a mixture of more icing and edible paints, so for example the eyes are pieces of icing in three shades with painted highlights. Her eyelashes are tiny pieces of rolled paste. Her blush is dry powder colour applied with a soft brush, and the highlights in her hair are painted on with a edible lustre.

It is possible to simply apply what's called an edible image onto a cake. You choose an image, which can be anything, and then it is printed using edible inks and a dedicated printer, into a thin sheet of icing. This is then applied to the cake. Excellent for things like anniversary cakes where scanned images from old wedding photos can be used to great effect. Rather flat for images like my little lady. Economical though, as they take very little time compared to hand painting an image. It's how supermarkets do their photo cakes.
20 Mar 2014, 22:38
Here she is, complete. The bits poking up at the back are easels (she was very arty) with birthday greetings on:

And a few others that I've done:

20 Mar 2014, 22:53
Oh wow! how very talented! I wish I were this arty winsome. It's just the big eyes that do it for me.
20 Mar 2014, 22:57
Wow - what talent we have amongst us here!
20 Mar 2014, 23:17
Wow @Winsome Such talent and such beautifully decorated cakes. :heart: :heart:
Can't stand peanut butter yyuukkkk
But I have found a cheesecake in my 2nd freezer in the garage forgot all about it bought in Aldi @Silverdarling Looks good and that's dessert sorted for my Friday
three course feast will report back with full details.
Welcome home @rawkaren Go easy with the hubby now :shock: :shock: hope the pets forgive your absence.
Enjoy your weekend all. :heart: Sue
20 Mar 2014, 23:20
Absolutely amazing, @Winsome! Shouldn't you be on one of the TV shows dedicated to this sort of cake art? I assume you have one over there. You are at least as talented as the pros that I've seen.
21 Mar 2014, 04:43
@Winsome the cakes are incredible! X
Previous 1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 119 of 134