The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 124 of 134
Previous 1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
23 Mar 2014, 16:55
After a long weekend home and many houseviewings,DDand hub are on way back to london
Tomorrow putting an offer in on a lovely house here in liverpool..i am soooooo excited for them!
No guarantee of course that someone else won't get it ( several other couples viewing at same time as them) but if its meant for them, they will get it!
Funnily enough,its the road where my beau moved into as a newly wed 42 years ago..
Dd checked with him,did he have any weird / sad feelings etc about them moving there,and he hasnt,just pleased for them as its a great area and good solid houses x x
23 Mar 2014, 17:02
Oh fingers crossed it all works out for them CM!
23 Mar 2014, 17:42
Very exciting times, @candicemarie. Aunty Mary (the one without the canary but with an alleged plaque in the cathedral!!!) went to live in Allerton and I remember being dragged there... ooops, sorry, being taken there as a child.

We have been shopping and hub has bought us an inflatable awning for the caravan
http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item-7-144-c ... wning.aspx
Should make our weekends away a little easier! Despite his bad back, we tried it on the caravan and he has managed to blow it up (ooohhh errr missus!) and pronounced it a success!
23 Mar 2014, 17:50
Ooh that looks very jolly Penny! Can see you sitting in there sipping Pimms!
Hubs was v brave blowing it up despite his bad back
How is his man flu coming along? X
23 Mar 2014, 17:53
Sshhh, Candice, he hasn't mentioned that today.
23 Mar 2014, 17:55
have you got a hand pump like the gent in the video has. we used to have one, they were great for sirbeds etc.much faster than a motorised one.
23 Mar 2014, 18:09
had some lovely friends over for lunch - they have been doing 5-2 and lost a lot of weight but were unaware of this forum - hopefully might see them here soon now I've told them about it!
23 Mar 2014, 18:17
Yes spread the word @madcatlady !
23 Mar 2014, 18:34
Yay for pashmina's. i now have my arm supported in a sling affair using a pashmina to spread the weight across my shoulders so no strain on my neck. what a relief.
i've been having fun downloading games onto the tablet and losing time because i then start to play them. i really think i am over organising mine and everyone elses life as i'm only going to be in hospital for 3 maybe 4 days. i don't think i really need 10 different games.
23 Mar 2014, 18:46
@PennyForthem very jealous of your blow up awning. We have one of those heavy canvas ones which is a nightmare to put up. Mind you we haven't been away in the caravan for several years now as husband has these macaws and we have to take them to stay with a lady in Norwich if we are going away which is a bit of a palaver.

@Julieathome I'm a great fan of being over organised rather than under organised. I have to leave all manner of things for my family when I go to visit my parents, bit daft really as husband is a capable person and I'm sure he just plays on my sympathy!
23 Mar 2014, 19:07
@loulou51 we love our caravan (we have an identical one to that in the ad, too). I can't make chutney in the caravan, so it's a real rest for me!
BTW, my chutney is on its way to Harlech this week!!
23 Mar 2014, 19:45
@PennyForthem pleased to hear about the chutney, I will be there in about two weeks for a few days so will pop into Harlech to get some.

Although we aren't going out in our caravan we've got two lots of friends who have asked if they can come and camp in the clearing in our woods. That is always good fun.
23 Mar 2014, 19:55
Gulp... camp in a clearing in your woods? Sounds the best thing ever. Can you squeeze a caravan and pop up awning in there too?
23 Mar 2014, 20:11
PennyForthem wrote: @loulou51 we love our caravan (we have an identical one to that in the ad, too). I can't make chutney in the caravan, so it's a real rest for me!
BTW, my chutney is on its way to Harlech this week!!

Just had some of the famed @PennyForthem chutney this lunchtime - may have to call in and get some more in May, on the way down to nr Tenbury Wells! Or will you be on Anglesey by that time?
23 Mar 2014, 21:01
@PennyForthem you can fit several caravans in the clearing. Easter weekend we've got the Norfolk & Norwich Medieval Association coming to camp there. They are airing their tents and checking their equipment. We have had several year 6 camps for end of year parties there. Was trying to find a photo to upload here, no luck at the moment if I find one I'll put it up.
Previous 1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 124 of 134