The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 126 of 134
Previous 1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
24 Mar 2014, 14:44
Debs wrote: It takes me a while to catch up on here every evening these days! At this rate we may need a Tent Tent @pennyforthem! We have a ute (Hilux) and want to get some sort of camper trailer or slip on tent to take travelling.
Good luck to you @silverdarling on your new work location, I hope people are welcoming.
Have you got reverse jet lag @rawkaren? I hope you had a lovely time back home and made the most of it, and kept the British economy afloat!
Went to the doctor today about my BP, a grey zone apparently, so watch and wait. Knowing my cholesterol is high too doesn't help.

@debs. Sorry to read about this. When I started fasting my BP was hypertensive, but it came down when I started fasting. I thought your cholesterol was ok?

Yes I have reverse jet lag, although I'm ok actually. I think its harder going the other way (but the reverse is actually true). Let's see how I go tonight when California wakes up and the emails start pouring in...
24 Mar 2014, 15:47
Ah ha! I see! Thanks @rawkaren for explaining. Hope your work goes well this week.

@Debs, I've stopped worrying about cholesterol figures: the science shows that it is insanely complicated and I am pretty sure that the association between high cholesterol and heart disease is down to other things co-existing with high cholesterol figures, particularly inflammation which may well be worsened by carbohydrate intake and insulin resistance. The cholesterol figures you get from the doctor don't tell you the number and density of the cholesterol particles which is what they now think is the important thing and not the total or even LDL and HDL values. Hence I think it best to concentrate on eating right, fasting and exercise rather than focus on potentially meaningless numbers.

@Pennyforthem, have you read any of the Terry Pratchett Diskworld novels? Perhaps the campsite is thinking of the dwarf bread from those novels, which is traditionally used as a weapon as it is so hard and inedible. Also used to prevent hunger: you take it out of your pack and look at it and the thought of attempting to eat it makes your hunger go away! Maybe we should develop a real recipe for fast days!
24 Mar 2014, 16:06
Hope your first day went well @Silverdarling Good luck
:clover: :clover:
Hope you're adjusting @rawkaren early night for you tonight
I'm killing for time because I'm unusually hungry. :shock:
Been for a walk, showered and pampered to stretch time out had an oxo done the ironing found some more washing so now the washering machine is on, just turned 4pm and I usually eat after 6pm!!! I'm not going to cave in now but this is the hungriest I've been in a year :shock: why?
24 Mar 2014, 17:51
I dunno @Sue.Q...all i know is i feel the same if its any consolation x
We can do this! Nearly dindins time! X yum yum...
@Silverdarling hope all went ok x
@rawkaren hope youre ok too ! X
As for me, i am on pins about DD & SIL's house offer :clover: :clover: :clover:
24 Mar 2014, 18:01
Mmmm just started hoovering and found a choccy on the floor! Treasure!
I was given some foil wrapped choccies by DD yesterday..just a handful..enjoyed them with a cuppa last night
Soo will have this later with a cuppa..wont count the cals ..it belongs to yesterday's cals not to today's fastday cals! Couldnt be more thrilled :wink: x
24 Mar 2014, 19:30
Dig deep @sue.q. Not long till bedtime. :sleepy:
24 Mar 2014, 20:01
Made it to my evening meal went a bit over the top with the courgette spaghetti but hey ho I'm full up now :heart:
Thanks @rawkaren
Fingers crossed for the house offer @CandiceMarie
Well done on your found treasure
(for a minute I thought Karen was telling you to did deep to find more. Lol) . yesterday's ration deffo.
However I think I may have an early night just in case the rumbles kick in again.
24 Mar 2014, 20:08
@Sue.Q glad youre full now
Me too x
However my mouth and teeth still hungry if you know what i mean! :lol:
A boiled sweet or a stick of chewing gum wd do the trick :confused:
Cant be bothered to get redressed and go to the shop tho! X
24 Mar 2014, 20:44
Hope your first day went well @silverdarling

Fingers crossed for the huse @candicemarie

Well done for sticking it out @sue.q

Hope you're not too tired @rawkaren

As for me, I've had a good day, with Hot sweet and sour sauce (a great taste award winner in 2010 for me), Beetroot and horseradish chutney, Red tomato chutney and Welsh honey mustard made. Early night for me, I think.
24 Mar 2014, 21:16
Beetroot and horseradish for me please. Thanks
24 Mar 2014, 21:42
Off to bed. On a 7am train in the morning and still need to pack a bag :curse:
24 Mar 2014, 21:59
I'm off to bed too as I have a 4am wake up. I need to shower before I go to the hospital and it takes two hours to get there. As I need to be there for 7:15 a 4am wake up is needed. If you see a zombie in Wigmore at 4:30 its probably me sleepwalking out of the door.

My bag is packed except for my toothbrush, I have had the last chocolate and other food and will be knocking back a pint of water to assist the transit of dinner. As it was a chilli it won't need much help, but I don't want accidents happening. My last water is 6:30, but I will just make it 5am when we leave the house. Thankfully I won't be one of the ones moaning about missing their breakfast.

Catch you all the other side of the operation, when I can focus and concentrate again that is. XXX Julie
24 Mar 2014, 22:02
Best of luck Julie x :clover: :heart: :clover:
25 Mar 2014, 00:08
Going to try my first bullet proof coffee today, shall see how I go!
Good luck julieathome, thinking of you
25 Mar 2014, 07:21
Apparently nearly half the forum is meeting in Edinburgh, and the rest of us mostly live on the wrong continents.
I feel so left out :cry:
Previous 1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 126 of 134