The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 18 of 134
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
06 Feb 2014, 09:37
Thats great to hear! Enjoy your lunch :)

Bean :heart:
06 Feb 2014, 09:44
Moring peeps. I seem to be getting later and later on duty.
Hope you have a lovely lunch today @callyanna. I have a very exciting day planned - not.
I had decided to go to my first meeting of U3A today and have just googled it to check times - and found I've missed it! It was YESTERDAY!
So, just me and the dogs today, then....
06 Feb 2014, 09:46
Doh!! Was that a "senior moment"?

I'm just off for my weekly coffee out. So today i am officially a coffee bean (although judging by my Avatar I think I'm also a Mexican Jumping Bean)

Bean :coffee:

Laters!
06 Feb 2014, 09:49
PennyForthem wrote: Moring peeps. I seem to be getting later and later on duty.
Hope you have a lovely lunch today @callyanna. I have a very exciting day planned - not.
I had decided to go to my first meeting of U3A today and have just googled it to check times - and found I've missed it! It was YESTERDAY!
So, just me and the dogs today, then....

Oh bummer Penny! Think I've mentioned hubs is a member? He went to a U3A lecture on Tues afternoon on the history of Lathom castle in W.Lancs and goes to table tennis this afternoon! (Great to get him out from under my feet sometimes! :wink: )
Will you try again next time?
06 Feb 2014, 09:50
nursebean wrote: Doh!! Was that a "senior moment"?

I'm just off for my weekly coffee out. So today i am officially a coffee bean (although judging by my Avatar I think I'm also a Mexican Jumping Bean)

Bean :coffee:

Laters!

Where do you find these amazing avatars nursebean :?: :grin:
Prefer this one to the scary Jack! :razz:
06 Feb 2014, 10:13
See bean, not just me :wink:

Glad to hear you are feeling better Callyanna.
06 Feb 2014, 10:39
I found him scary too! Enjoy your lunch Callyanna.
06 Feb 2014, 11:40
Poor Jack

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cool:
06 Feb 2014, 13:13
Glad to read you are feeling a little better @callyanna. Hope you enjoy your outing today. I'm about to run the gauntlet on another 12 hr stint but not working tomorrow as my furniture arrives and I get proper internet. So expect to see more of me again here :grin:
06 Feb 2014, 13:22
Oooh yes, Karen, keep us posted - with photos too, please!
06 Feb 2014, 13:25
Hi folks! .In the supermarket today...a fast day..and thought to self, we are real troupers going in food shops on fast days and resisting temptation,cooking for kids while fasting etc etc..so a big clap to us
**wild applause**!!!
@PennyForthem ..senior moment for me too...put a scarf on and my coat to go shopping this morning..then put another scarf on..suddenly realised i was too hot and half strangled! :shock:
@rawkaren hope yr long stint passes quickly and whoooo hooo furniture tomorrow,you will literally be getting your knees under the table :grin: :like:
@callyanna enjoy that big lunch! Glad youre feeling better! :like: :smile:
@nursebean hope youre feeling ok and i remember harry Worth ..he used to say,
" my name is Harry Worth..i dont know why,but there it is!"
my Dad loved him...
Still no news yet BeanieBobs? XX
06 Feb 2014, 14:13
I've just been paid for a job I did last year! I said I'd buy some NYDJ jeans when payment arrived! yippee!!!
06 Feb 2014, 14:40
I host the Accordion Group of our local U3A at my house, every week, and they were here only this morning. There are twelve of us in the group and the group leader and I teach any beginners who are interested in learning. The group leader has a few small instruments, which are on loan to her from the now defunct Worthing Accordion Band, so it is lovely to be able to pass on our knowledge to new people. I don't go to any other of the U3A groups but we do have some very interesting opportunities - it's just that I'm too idle to go!

Have a good day everyone! I'm fasting today but have just cooked lunch for son and husband. Mine is now in the fridge for this evening! :starving: - not really! :wink:
06 Feb 2014, 18:08
@Candicemarie your Avatar has gone crazy! Is that you blowing fairy dust?! D'you know, I haven't heard anything else about my benefits other than the fact that I've been put in the 'support group' on ESA which means more money. They didn't mention my assessment but I guess it relates...it's all a bit confusing :confused:

May I ask what U3A is?

Bean :bugeyes:
06 Feb 2014, 18:19
It's the University of the Third Age @nursebean, meaning for us mature people, life begins at sixty! etc :heart:
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 18 of 134