The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 23 of 134
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
08 Feb 2014, 08:10
Good morning all. Missed you again @rawkaren, glad you are getting sorted. :smile:
Watching Olympics already. My family will be moaning soon as when the Olympics are on I am in charge of the remote. It's my rule that it's not every year so we should get involved. Snowboarding ATM.
08 Feb 2014, 08:23
C'mon @nursebean two more posts and you've filled my home page.
08 Feb 2014, 08:33
@rawkaren sounds like you're finally making yourself at home x
Thanks for the jeans advice, gang. Will decide next week.
08 Feb 2014, 08:54
Oh I failed!

Bean :frown:
08 Feb 2014, 09:18
Lovely sunshine here in South Lincolnshire, :sun: (to remind you what sun looks like) although the wind is blowing quite hard. However, the snowdrops, primroses and sweet violets are enjoying the sun. I'm off in a moment to fill up the bird feeders and clean out the chooks before it rains later!
Have a good day everyone! :smile:
08 Feb 2014, 09:22
Ooh enjoy the sunshine...while it lasts!!

Bean :cool:
08 Feb 2014, 13:19
I think I have a faulty or cracked rainwater tank. With all this rain we are having the tank is supposedly empty and needs to be topped up with mains water all the time. (when it runs down the mains water is allowed in to it to the tune of 20 litres, just incase it rains 20 minutes later. With all the rain we are having it should be totally topped up. It means going out, in the rain, and lifting a large manhole cover. Can't you tell I'm not enthusiastic.

I have a sore throat this morning, I hope its not the preclude to a cold. I am tempted to gargle with TCP, but I have visitors coming and don't want to breath that stuff all over them. I must dash in a few minutes if I want to get a cake in the oven in time. I am going to try the chocolate and beetroot one I found. it looks really moist in the picture.
08 Feb 2014, 14:47
Oh let us know how that cake turns out please @Julieathome :wink:
08 Feb 2014, 14:55
Hey! Look what I got for me birthday! It's called an "Eye Bod"...how cute!

Bean :lol:
08 Feb 2014, 14:59
Morning all. Raining here too, but we need it. Just had a phone call (in bed 6am), from OH in the UK to tell me there was a crisis. Sat bolt upright in bed and asked him what was wrong.
He said he couldn't find the baking powder to make his cake (Hairy Dieters Tea Loaf) :bugeyes: :curse: :lol:
08 Feb 2014, 15:03
rawkaren wrote: Morning all. Raining here too, but we need it. Just had a phone call (in bed 6am), from OH in the UK to tell me there was a crisis. Sat bolt upright in bed and asked him what was wrong.
He said he couldn't find the baking powder to make his cake (Hairy Dieters Tea Loaf) :bugeyes: :curse: :lol:

Well at least he's showing willing Karen! Gotta love a man for trying to bake! :razz: :grin:
08 Feb 2014, 15:16
karen, reminds me of the time OH decided to bake banana bread and forgot the flour--it all puffed up nicely in the oven, but oh so briefly! I was glad to see yesterday that parts of California were due for some rain. The drought out there is getting scary. I like hearing about how you are settling in and hope that you are not too homesick.

At 8am here in the frozen north our temp was -7 F. It's all the way up to +10 (-12.22 C) now. Wish we could exchange some temps with our friends down under. Some Americans seem to think our continent is the only one :doh:
08 Feb 2014, 15:38
Marybeth wrote: At 8am here in the frozen north our temp was -7 F. It's all the way up to +10 (-12.22 C) now. Wish we could exchange some temps with our friends down under. Some Americans seem to think our continent is the only one :doh:

You mean it isn't? :lol: :grin: :lol: :lol: (sorry, couldn't resist - I've got me coat on).
08 Feb 2014, 16:24
Marybeth wrote: karen, reminds me of the time OH decided to bake banana bread and forgot the flour--it all puffed up nicely in the oven, but oh so briefly! I was glad to see yesterday that parts of California were due for some rain. The drought out there is getting scary. I like hearing about how you are settling in and hope that you are not too homesick.

At 8am here in the frozen north our temp was -7 F. It's all the way up to +10 (-12.22 C) now. Wish we could exchange some temps with our friends down under. Some Americans seem to think our continent is the only one :doh:

Morning @Marybeth. Brrrrr, stay warm. One of the guys who lives in San Jose refused to drive into the office because of the rain. Lots of laughter from the Brits and my colleague from Boston. :lol: :lol:
08 Feb 2014, 16:41
Bless him Karen, but not for giving you a mild heart attack though. :confused:
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 23 of 134