Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 26 of 134
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
09 Feb 2014, 11:14
With apologies to Black Adder :wink:
09 Feb 2014, 11:31
Silverdarling wrote: Yep right on the nose there Azure - but watch the low flying fried egg sandwiches :shock: :wink:
About to have my weekly bacon sarnie very soon ... :grin: I would have what you fancy, I'm sure it will do you good!

I am sooooooo suggestible! I read this, thought about it, then pattered downstairs and created a gently fried free range egg in coconut oil on a gluten free roll with fresh decaff coffee.
Ahhhhh that's better.
Back snug in bed now ;0)
Atchoooooooooooo :bugeyes:
09 Feb 2014, 13:30
I've had a sore throat for 4 days now and am just starting on the ticklish nose part of a cold.But its not developing into a full blown cold so far. I do feel healthier since starting 5:2 and have only had one cold so far since I started, so something else that's good must be happening.

The chocolate and Beetroot cake is calling to me, but today could be a fast day, so I'm holding off. Our Polish neighbors have asked us over for dinner as a thank you for helping them out over the last few weeks. But, they aren't in, so we aren't too sure if the dinner is still on. If its not, then its a fast day. If it is dinner then tomorrow and Tuesday will have to be a back to back fast.

Giving up chocolate for Easter or something. I don't actually eat much chocolate, so it wouldn't be a challenge I'm afraid.

The Chocolate and Beetroot cake, whats left of it. It seems to be very forgiving of tweaking it. I didn't have enough cocoa powder, so I added extra chocolate and I didn't have the full amount of ground almonds, so added ordinary flour. It has still come out really moist. When preparing it next time I will just grate the cooked beetroot (leaving some small chunks) as blending it was such a faff.

Editted to adjust the size.

09 Feb 2014, 14:28
Blimey Julie that looks like a chocolate beetroot HILL not a cake! Should be in in one of those cookery books with fantastic photos!
09 Feb 2014, 14:42
@Julieathome I've never had chocolate AND beetroot before. What's it like?

I made a lemon drizzle cake before that was for people in wheat/gluten free diets...and it had potato it. Sounds such a weird combination but it was truly delicious!

Bean :smile:
09 Feb 2014, 14:50
The cake is rather yummy. Beetroot is actually a very sweet vegetable, so it doesn't scream at you. In fact the small chunks of beetroot that you encounter have the texture and sweetness of a cherry, but not the flavour, even then the flavour does seem out of place.
It did make a huge amount of cake mix. easily a 16 normal slice cake. Even in this house its made about 12 slices. The lads tend to see a cake, grab a knife and just slice chunks out of it. I put a pot of cocktail sticks next to it to give some sense of scale (if you click on the picture it gives the full picture).
At the moment I am hunting up recipes for tuna fishcakes. I'm feeling too cold (fasting coldness) to have a liquid fast today, and we have 10 tins of tuna to use up, so its tuna fishcakes today with some roasted vegetables. Its too cold for salad.
09 Feb 2014, 14:54
Hmm I don't like cherries so not sure I'd like the texture :frown:

Now chocolate chunks? Well that's a different matter

Bean :grin:
09 Feb 2014, 15:02
It had chocolate chunks in it as well. They are lovely when its still warm from the oven and they ooze out of the cake when its cooked. If you don't think the beetroot chunks will be nice, just puree all the beetroot.
It will be a handy recipe for the beetroot glut if you grow your own. he last time I tried growing beetroot, I had so many I was giving them away.
09 Feb 2014, 15:07
Mmmmm now you're talking!

Bean :razz:
09 Feb 2014, 16:15
Anu2 9 Feb14.jpg
Anu's first grown up day at the beach

We took all the dogs to the beach at Conwy today and bravely let Anu off the lead. She loved it and recalled well (some liver treats helped!)
09 Feb 2014, 16:33
:heart: Lovely photo of Anu @PennyForthem :heart:
He looks really obedient sitting there waiting for his next instructions. Love Conway and the surrounding areas. :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 16:41
Pretty pup is growing fast, how lovely :0)
09 Feb 2014, 16:52
A lovely picture there. She still looks fluffy and puppyish.
09 Feb 2014, 17:14
Hi folks just calling by quickly to send hugs and try to speed read a few things..
Feel like have been punched all over specially upper body so cant type much
And head is so foggy its hard to read
@Julieathomeso sorry you too get the " someone pushing pins under yr fingernails" pains,its really unpleasant
Take care all..keep fasting and repairing! X :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 17:17
PFT - she's loooking a lot bigger than a few weeks ago!
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 26 of 134