The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 27 of 134
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
09 Feb 2014, 17:30
Oh poor @Candicemarie - big gentle hugs coming your way. Look forward to you joining us again tomorrow, hopefully pain free xx

@Pennyforthem what a gorgeous puppy you have there! So funny to think of him as a puppy, when I think of the size of my girls ha ha! I think his paws are bigger than they are!

Bean :smile:
09 Feb 2014, 17:33
@nursebean love your Old Bean avatar!
So glad you had a spiffing bday!
Hope the celebrations continued well into the night and still ongoing today dear Beansprout x
09 Feb 2014, 17:39
@PennyForthem lovely doggy pics!
Dd you get my email yday. I only ask coz it seems i sent a few off to the wrong recipients! Got them muddled. :confused: call it not being well tho some might just say,stoopidity :doh: x
09 Feb 2014, 17:49
Thanks @Candicemarie - it wouldn't have been the same without your lovely cards, so thank you for that.

Actually I thought of you today: I had coffee out with my 'friends and their two daughters today'. To be honest, I'd been dreading it. Anyway, my friend asked if I was going on holiday this year. I said not at the moment, to which her husband replied. ''You're on one big holiday' Can you believe it?! It's so exasperating isn't it. Actually, it's hurtful. I try explaining this illness to them time and time again...to no avail :curse:

Rant over...sorry

Bean :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 17:58
Silverdarling wrote: PFT - she's loooking a lot bigger than a few weeks ago!

One case where 5:2 is not needed then? :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 17:59
No @candicemarie no email :cry:
Beanster - very annoying, but *you* know how tough it is :struggle:

@ballerina nope, she's eating for me and thee
09 Feb 2014, 18:02
OMG bean..that just makes me feel sick to my stomach..

when i think of how people suffer...when i think of my daughter who has lost out on most of her youth and struggles so hard day to day...and her half brother who is extremely ill, after nursing other people for many years ...just like you did bean.

I know people find it hard to understand but it actually takes so little imagination to know what this illness feels like..i tell people to think of when they have been floored by flu..proper flu not a cold..then to add to that the feeling of a very bad hangover..then to imagine they have just climbed a mountain Put all those factors together and it gives quite a good idea of what this is like..
Some people are just ignorant tho... only way they would empathise is if they learnt the hard way ,but i wdnt wish that on my worst enemy x x
09 Feb 2014, 18:04
Ok Penny,soz for that,will send one later x
09 Feb 2014, 18:21
guilty pleasures in music..i am listening to JLS..i love their songs ..
Ok never mind shaking your head and tutting...c'mon now...whats your secret ?

My guilty tv pleasure is watching the very trashy but you can' t look away " Real Housewives" ..i reckon the OC crowd are the bitchiest and the new jersey gang the ones most up for a fight or a good punch up !
09 Feb 2014, 18:36
I wouldn't mind, Candice (well I would) but he actually said it sounds like he was when he had Hep C a few years back. He had no energy to do anything. I know it sounds awful to say, but he was lucky because he was yellow and had lost weight, so looked thin and you knew he was ill. Even after that experience, he still cannot understand. Weird? Very

Oh my guilty tv pleasure is those property programmes (like Escape to the Country :oops: )

As for my guilty music...oh dear, er uh hum...Barbara Streisand's "Guilty" album! I also love Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" (it's one of my faves!)

Bean xx :cool:
09 Feb 2014, 18:38
Between you and me he is an Ahole who should know better x
09 Feb 2014, 18:59
PennyForthem wrote:
@ballerina nope, she's eating for me and thee

We've all done that in the dim and distant past, that's why we're her now, :lol: but Anu is a VERY beautiful girl

Ballerina x :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 19:17
OOops @candicemarie sorry, I thought it was one you'd sent today.... I did get the one yesterday.... hangs head as I missed it.
09 Feb 2014, 19:37
Just about to cook some buns for my Nurture Group tomorrow; one of the children is moving schools so we are going to have a Teddy Bears' picnic followed by a bit of a tea party. In the morning I am cooking pancakes with my English group to demonstrate the importance of having instructions in the right order. Tomorrow is a fast day so I shall have to be very strong :) Actually I think I'll be too busy to eat. Hope everyone's colds are departing.
09 Feb 2014, 19:57
Ooh @Loulou51 good luck with making pancakes on a fast day. Don't think I could be so strong!!

Bean :bugeyes:
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 27 of 134