The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 28 of 134
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
09 Feb 2014, 20:07
When is Pancake Day - must be fairly soon? Are we going to have a Pancake Tent? If so, perhaps we'd better get @Fatdog on the case, developing low-carb ones ... :lol: :wink:
09 Feb 2014, 20:16
Hmm won't the pancake tent be a bit flat?! :grin:

I LOVE pancakes! Every year I say to myself I must have more pancakes throughout the year instead of just the once...and then before I know it, the NEXT pancake day has arrived...doh!

Bean :bugeyes:
09 Feb 2014, 20:22
What?! You have a pancake day??! Really? Is there a back story to this? I think I'll go make some pancakes.
09 Feb 2014, 20:23
nursebean wrote: Ooh @Loulou51 good luck with making pancakes on a fast day. Don't think I could be so strong!!

Bean :bugeyes:

Interesting point bean, but I can bake, batch make and cook anything on a fast day as I know I can't have it. But then I've always had to separate myself from food I'm preparing for others as I've always been on some eating regime or other.
Just like the kids having full fat milk and yoghurt, we only went over to semi all round a year ago. Oldest 17 youngest 12. But the fill fat yoghurt I've been recently eating is a dream,
09 Feb 2014, 20:25
wendyjane wrote: What?! You have a pancake day??! Really? Is there a back story to this? I think I'll go make some pancakes.

It's Shrove Tuesday @wendyjane - day before Lent starts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday
09 Feb 2014, 20:27
Who mentioned fasting buddies or fasting twins.? I think it's a great idea. And I'd like one.
09 Feb 2014, 20:57
Evening all! Well I didn't go for the meal with the neighbors, they had to cancel. So a fast day it has been. Martyn, my youngest did some homemade tuna fishcakes, under instruction, but he did a very large batch, which made very large fishcakes. So I was very good and just had one, the biggest and some pas and carrots, with a squirt of sweet chilli sauce. I probably went up to about 600kcals, so its still a fast. Funnily enough I haven't had my usual 'I could eat the sofa' hunger pangs afterwards today. I wonder what has changed?

Tomorrow is my massage day, boy am I looking forward to it. I have to get some parcels made up as I sold some stuff on ebay tonight and get them posted tomorrow. I also have to get hubby to the doctors. He's going for a steroid injection, about 140mls or more if he can swing it. Give it 3 days and he may be able to walk for a short distance. But he should have a decent amount of pain relief.
I went a bit mad on ebay. 5 pairs of jeans. Oops.
09 Feb 2014, 21:15
Silverdarling wrote: When is Pancake Day - must be fairly soon? Are we going to have a Pancake Tent? If so, perhaps we'd better get @Fatdog on the case, developing low-carb ones ... :lol: :wink:

My name is Candice and i am a pancake - holic :dazed:
@Silver darling i think pancake day is tuesday but i had them today :curse:
Why? I don't know.i always look forward to them then i am disappointed ...each year i think it will be different and it never is. Waste of calories for me..gahhhhh! X
09 Feb 2014, 21:35
Just a plain, simple pancake with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar...what more do you need?

Bean :razz:
09 Feb 2014, 21:38
:heart: Tuesday March 4th and I'm with you @nursebean Just fresh lemon and a few of the terrible white crystals. :heart:
09 Feb 2014, 21:43
OMG! @Sue.QAre you telling me it ISN'T Pancake tuesday the day after tomorrow??
Stands back in amazement! :confused:
There was so much pancake related stuff in the shops,i thought it must be.
Little known fact about Candice..one pancake tuesday,she received a marriage proposal! :oops:
Bet that doesnt happen to many people!not the most romantic of days after all! :grin: :lol:
09 Feb 2014, 21:47
CandiceMarie wrote: OMG! @Sue.QAre you telling me it ISN'T Pancake tuesday the day after tomorrow??
Stands back in amazement! :confused:
There was so much pancake related stuff in the shops,i thought it must be.
Little known fact about Candice..one pancake tuesday,she received a marriage proposal! :oops:
Bet that doesnt happen to many people!not the most romantic of days after all! :grin: :lol:

But did you accept? that's what we all want to know! :grin:
09 Feb 2014, 21:51
:heart: Well did you accept? :heart:
@CandiceMarie there's still xmas cards in some shops that doesn't mean it around the corner. Lol. :shock:
09 Feb 2014, 22:19
I taught my kids to make pancakes from very young. Martyn makes the best pancakes ever, he just knows, by instinct I think, how to get the batter just right. We have a production line in the kitchen when its pancakes, Martyn cooks them and then the next person in line grabs the plate and moves onto the other worktop where lemon juice, lime juice, strawberry vinegarette, jam's, honey, cherry pie filling, maple syrup, golden syrup, icecream, bananas, fresh or tinned strawberries and cream, squirty and pouring are all arrayed. Its a total pig out.

C'mon @CandiceMarie did you accept?
09 Feb 2014, 22:20
No i had to refuse..but thats me - a heartbreaker, hehe! :wink: :grin: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 28 of 134