The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 29 of 134
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
09 Feb 2014, 22:25
Thanks, @Silverdarling. I'm remembering this now - not a big thing here, but some churches do have pancake dinners on that day.

Hubs orders pancakes in restaurants all the time. We are always looking for multi grain/ whole wheat pancakes, and I make some pretty excellent ones, myself, if I do say so. :grin: My favorite ones at a local restaurant are served with their homemade fig jam.
09 Feb 2014, 23:38
With all the hot weather we've been having my kitty, Beth, and all the other kitties I know have been moulting like crazy. I've been brushing and combing her every day and I have enough fur to knit another cat! Luckily, she loves being groomed. She gets such a soppy look on her face and angles her head so I can do under her chin! I have no idea how a cat can lose so much fur and not be bald. She's a "blue" British shorthair and has lost so much undercoat she looks quite dark grey. :cat2: :cat: Interestingly, she had her normal Spring moult but then she started moulting again about a week before the really hot weather set in. Smart kitty!
10 Feb 2014, 00:09
This weekend I went on a bit of a shopping spree and I hardly recognise myself! Today, I'm wearing skinny pants/leggings (more like work-style though) with a bright blue long top - a style I never thought I had the body shape for. I was always conscious of my big hips and thighs and thought I could never pull off this look.

Add that to the fact that I'm shrinking into my old clothes despite not losing any weight at all over the past 3 weeks (a lovely plateau!), and I'm feeling rather chuffed.

Have any of you started wearing different clothes or doing things you never thought you could?
10 Feb 2014, 00:11
Mmmmm, simple thin pancakes with squeeze of lemon and sugar-what's not to like?!
I may have to make some when I get home. We have guests for lunch next Sunday, I am going to make aebleskive, Danish little round pancakes made in a special pan with small hemispheres built in so they come out round and crispy outside, soft and hot inside, with my homemade raspberry jam. Aargh, hungry!?

That's fantastic melbmandy! Hopefully, we can all meet up next time I'm in Melbourne!
10 Feb 2014, 00:51
Would be lovely @Debs!

All this talk of pancakes on my fast day is cruel :cry: :cry:
10 Feb 2014, 04:13
@melbmandy. Sounds like you are loving your new body shape. Go for it. :like: @carieoates would love to be your fasting buddy, but I just promised @auriga. She has given me a burst of inspiration, however I'm happy to pester/inspire you into losing your next few kilos :grin:

I had forgotten lent is around the corner. It's always the time when I start to pick up the healthy eating pace as I find Jan/Feb hard going.
10 Feb 2014, 04:25
I've never heard of lemon on pancakes. Maple syrup, powdered sugar, berries, whip cream, bananas, chocolate chips...but never lemon. My favorite is a sunny side egg on top with a little drizzle of agave....
10 Feb 2014, 04:37
Lemon is tradition for lent in England golinda. Oftentimes with sugar sprinkled on it too...... :curse:
10 Feb 2014, 07:55
Good morning everyone !!!! :grin:

I don't have the strenght to go back to all I didn't read from last week just now so, please, forgive me down on my knees pleading

Last week was tough and I am not really looking forward for this week either as OH is going away for 2 weeks on a job trip but anyway, on another hand I am happy and relieved to go back to my 2 fasts weeks. Last week was really horrible and I wonder, how is it possible that my body just begs for them (was sick most of the time) as I began fasting only less than 1 year ago ?

Still on job hunting but, really, I don't know what to begin with and what I am doing wrong. The thing I know is I don't know how to "sell myself". Must be working on that

Had to look on wikipedia what lent is before understanding that it's what we call here "Carême". I should know, I was in a private school where I learned all that stuff. Completely forgot it was that time of year already :wink:

Good to be back :heart:
10 Feb 2014, 09:40
Welcome back @Manderley and big hugs to you :heart:
Hey @Carieoates I thought you were going to be MY fasting buddy?! :confused:

Talking of lemon, I am a BIG LEMON today. Just weighed myself and I am now the same weight I was when I started this fasting back in October. All I did was have 4 days off and I've managed to put 4 pounds on. Woo hoo! Way to go Bean. I didn't even eat THAT much...honest! But I guess the facts speak for themselves. I guess I must have done! :cry:

Right, thats it, no more nice food any more. Head down, get on with fasting and no chocolate until Easter.

Bean :starving:
10 Feb 2014, 09:54
Bean, you know you can't possibly have gained 4 lb of fat unless you'd exceeded your TDEE by 14,000 calories (4 x 3,500) :shock: :shock: , so keep the faith, 'twill be mostly water from carbs so just keep to the plan and all will be well! :grin: :heart:
10 Feb 2014, 09:58
Thanks @Callyanna I'm trying to keep the faith. Really, I am...honest!

Bean :?:
10 Feb 2014, 13:22
WOOHOO Guess what i got today in the post?
My john lewis card! Coffee and Cake! Here - I - Come!
Tho not today obvs..as am fasting and repairing like mad!xx :grin: :lol:
image.jpg
Yum Yum,pig's bum x
10 Feb 2014, 13:24
Woohoo indeed @Candicemarie !! But did you HAVE to show those lovely cakes on a fast day?!!

Mind you, cakes are pretty disgusting

Bean :confused:
10 Feb 2014, 13:32
Don't worry @nursebean it will disappear as fast as it came,long as you are now back in the ole routine xxx and yes,cakes aren't yummy..they are just a horrid combination of nasty fat and dangerous sugar! Ewwwww!

@wendyjane thanks for your comments...so sorry to hear about your Hubz
Totally resonate with what you say,and feel for you too..it's very hard to see a loved one go thru bad times ..in some ways even worse than being the one who is ill.
I try to believe that most people speak from thoughtlessness rather than nastiness ( otherwise i think i wd go mad)...but it wd be soooooo nice if these people could learn a little compassion.
" walk a mile in my shoes " is a very fitting quote for this sort of thing.
When i was so ill i cdnt even get to the postbox just a few yards from my home,to send a doctor's sick note into work,someone told me that she " didn't have time to be ill"...
sometimes the insensitivity is breathtaking
Big hugs to you & Hubz xx better times to come hopefully x
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 29 of 134