The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 34 of 134
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
11 Feb 2014, 11:24
I understand Julie my son is a huge gamer and he will be in a fowl mood while the internet is on go slow.
11 Feb 2014, 11:34
Everybody please be careful..... We are lucky here, a lot of wind (50 km/h) but no rain. In Brittany the weather was really awful this weekend but I think it's getting better.

Some friends of mine have decided to try 5:2 but won't come here as they don't speak English. So I'll have to guide them which is a huge responsibility. They decided to give it a try after seeing that it really works and are a bit nervous but it will be fine, I am sure :wink:
11 Feb 2014, 11:35
I have just adjusted my progress tracker to show my actual level of activity and its showing that I should be eating a full 500kcals more than the sedentary level. I don't think I could physically eat that much extra in healthy food. I am going to have to buy in some nuts.

I should be in the shed today, but my hands are playing up. I have full blown, 'dipped my hands in a nettle patch' stinging going on right now in both hands, I don't think I would be safe holding a chisel.
11 Feb 2014, 12:01
Glad your dogs will be playing together in the safety of their home PFT. My two are lazy hounds and any excuse to not go out and they're there. Mind you, poor Poppy is suffering at the moment with a Crohns attack..poor thing. She probably shouldn't have had that fish thing yesterday. Poor girl, she loves her food :frown:

Bean xx
11 Feb 2014, 12:08
Poor Poppy; a sick dog is a pitiful sight, beanster. Hope she gets better very soon
:heart:
11 Feb 2014, 12:59
Found out something I never would have expected and I love the name of it : bear's garlic. Had no idea bears made garlic. Did you know you could make some wine with it ? :shock:

One of my friends, who are trying her first fast today, really is struggling and told me how crazy I was to do that 2 to 3 days a week, every week for months :grin:

Kind of agree with her, I am crazy but for lots of other reasons :cool:
11 Feb 2014, 14:01
"Allium ursinum – known as ramsons, buckrams, wild garlic, broad-leaved garlic, wood garlic, bear leek or bear's garlic – is a wild relative of chives native to Europe and Asia. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Allium ursinum
Higher classification: Allium".....................

Wow, never heard of it before, sounds interesting though, thanks for that Manderley

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Feb 2014, 14:28
We have wild garlic growing in the garden, though it's a tad too early for it at the moment.
It makes a lovely pesto and a friend made wild garlic scones last year. Yum.
11 Feb 2014, 14:30
I found out about it when I was looking for a pesto recipe. For the pesto sauce it's made with cashew nuts

http://pastel-peppermint.blogspot.fr/2012/04/bears-garlic-parmesan-pesto-how-to.html

A friend of mine had some so we tried it with some wholegrain pasta and it was really good, the taste is stronger than the traditional one or the rosso one.
11 Feb 2014, 14:44
Wild garlic is so lovely. Sadly, I've yet to find it growing around here, but I do sometimes get it in my organic veg box. Yummy in a risotto or cheese on toast!
11 Feb 2014, 16:01
I wonder if I could grow some garlic in my flower bed this year?
11 Feb 2014, 16:10
Julie, we were lucky enough to be given a little root by a farmer friend, as it's absolutely abundant on his fields. It's taken well in a damp shady part of our garden. It's also easy to grow from seed
http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapev ... 61016.html
11 Feb 2014, 16:42
Julieathome wrote: I wonder if I could grow some garlic in my flower bed this year?

Be careful with this in your flower bed it could take over! :clover:
11 Feb 2014, 16:43
Yes, @Auriga a good point. It's invasive like mint, though it never seems to last very long.
11 Feb 2014, 17:57
Be careful what you wish for with wild garlic! It grows close to the river near us and I took a small clump for the garden. It only flowers for about three weeks at the end of May BUT if you try and get rid of it, it's like bindweed! If you leave the smallest root behind it will spring up again next year!! :lol:
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 34 of 134