11 Feb 2014, 18:02
Does it keep the vampires away?

Bean :confused:
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
11 Feb 2014, 18:52
Never any spotted in our garden, bean!
11 Feb 2014, 18:54
Wild garlic smells very strongly of garlic so not sure it's ideal in a flower bed, but I bet it does keep vampire away!
11 Feb 2014, 21:19
I was thinking more of growing on some commercial garlic from the bulbs I have in my cupboard.
11 Feb 2014, 21:54
Not only am I pissed off with hubby, (silly little'shall we agree to disagree' type of argument) I am now pissed off with myself because I instantly raided the sweety tub and had a fistful of Licorice Allsorts because I was upset.
11 Feb 2014, 22:32
A report on John Lewis free coffee and cake..!
Went in this afternoon with DD
We had two pots of tea,and shared one pastry,filled with custard and slices of kiwi,orange,
and pineapple,for the princely total of 2.20 ( for one pot of tea)
DD has been 16:8 ing for several weeks now and looking good on it..the one cake was more than enough for both of us,we both have reduced appetites! and i was very impressed that DD didn't want to eat her half of the pastry shell!
Was lovely and sunny as we sat and chatted then suddenly,the sky turned to lead and thick sideways snow began to fall. Waaaarggggghhhhh !It didnt stick tho,thank goodness, xx :grin: :lol:
Ps later...dindins..fish n chips at Browns for me and DD..SIL and Gentleman Friend had different..
lovely,not too many chips and very light batter on the fish :razz: xXx
11 Feb 2014, 22:34
Julieathome wrote: Not only am I pissed off with hubby, (silly little'shall we agree to disagree' type of argument) I am now pissed off with myself because I instantly raided the sweety tub and had a fistful of Licorice Allsorts because I was upset.

Well it WAS only a fistful after all@Julieathome ..it wasn't a whole box of Bertie Bassetts!
11 Feb 2014, 22:36
Sounds like a perfect day @CandiceMarie, must be lovely to have your DD to go out with! :like: Thanks for the JL CAKE REVIEW! We had a smattering of snow too at teatime, but it didn't last. Think that was the first snow we've had this winter.
11 Feb 2014, 22:42
Cally i will be in yr part of the world tomoz night..going to Callyland with DD to visit her half brother ...tho they never say half..it's always brother and sister xx :like:
11 Feb 2014, 22:54
CandiceMarie wrote: Cally i will be in yr part of the world tomoz night..going to Callyland with DD to visit her half brother ...tho they never say half..it's always brother and sister xx :like:

I'll put out the welcome mat for you CM! :like: ...OR red carpet if you prefer! :wink: :razz:
11 Feb 2014, 23:04
And don't forget the brass band hehehe! X
11 Feb 2014, 23:13
Glad the cakes met with approval (tho' I have yet to receive my JL card - perhaps they read your comment CM and have banned me forever afterall?
:grin: )
We had snow forecast, but no snow appeared! In fact, it's been a dry day.
Good luck for SIL tomorrow and have a nice day in callyland.

I am going to a Welsh culinary Association lunch, so no fast for me tomorrow. We have to give 'feedback' on the lunch, so I shall have to make sure I taste it properly! Shall I report back on what we ate? Just to tempt you? Yes. OK then.
12 Feb 2014, 02:27
Can one of you longtimers here tell me why this happened..
"Most users ever online was 1155 on 29 Apr 2013, 22:50"
What was the occasion? And why hasnt it been repeated ? And why don't we plan to repeat it at a certain day and time..?
A sort of fasting flash mob or a sit in if you will...
( just sitting here contemplating my navel - not pretty- twiddling my toes,and generally bored stiff) wide awake tho oh so tired :confused: same ole same old x :confused:
12 Feb 2014, 05:00
Hi Everyone. All this talk of wild garlic. Picture below. I took this on Jesmond Dene last year in the centre of Newcastle. @silverdarling would approve. It's not the picture I was looking for, but my photo library is on my mac at home, but this will do.

@julieathome. I'm so sorry to read about the water. I hope you are all ok and dry and also that you are feeling better.
@candicemarie. Waving back. The time shift is inconvenient. I need you back in the insomniacs tent :lol:

So what's my news???

It's a bit bonkers at work. They have been waiting for me to turn up.
I passed my written driving test today. A story for another time. I need @ballerina's story telling skills, but all I can say, it was a bizarro experience.
My TV came today! I'm not connected to cable yet, but I can now download movies and iplayer on a big screen rather than have to watch everything ipad size!

12 Feb 2014, 05:03
Hello there,
Glad to see your virtual smiling face on here!! Have you got an absolutely gigantic tv for all those channels of guff to watch?!

We grow garlic at home here, although I am more excited about picking home grown blueberries from the garden later. Ju has been dragging me round the house today as part of his chuck out agenda prior to moving. Very traumatic! He has decided I have a stationery fetish. He may be right!!!
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 35 of 134