The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 36 of 134
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
12 Feb 2014, 05:08
I too have often wondered what happened to have so many users logged on at the same time
CandiceMarie!
12 Feb 2014, 05:16
I'm in telly heaven @debs camera for skype too! There is a hitch with the wifi but the telly installers have told me what I need to tell the Comcast guys but that is a problem for a few weeks away.

@golinda and others. I think I signed up around April last year. It was the PR around the 5:2 cookbook that caught my eye and I think they ran the Horizon programme again..
12 Feb 2014, 05:30
Well, @rawkaren, it looks like you signed up on the very day we're all wondering about.
Quite a day for PR, I'd say!

Just thinking about you weathering the unusual northern CA storms there, just when your countryfolk are enduring such horrible flooding back home. As no doubt has been pointed out to you already, CA is not normally like this....

PS Your telly is now a TV.. :shock:
12 Feb 2014, 05:52
Hi @wendyjane. Do you know, I really have no idea what the fuss is all about. Back home, we would call it consistent drizzle and in Spain, they easily have the same amount of water fall in less than one day rather than over 3 which is what happened here. I actually enjoyed the rain. It was warm, not windy and I had a great hat to shield me whilst walking around town... It's fabulous news for the drought.
12 Feb 2014, 05:59
Getting annoyed now, three posts have vanished. All that flowing prose down the toilet :curse:
12 Feb 2014, 06:05
Debs wrote: Getting annoyed now, three posts have vanished. All that flowing prose down the toilet :curse:

I hate it when that happens
12 Feb 2014, 08:17
Morning all and hello @rawkaren :wink:

Didn't realize that the garlic discussion would be so big... :grin:

Tasted the slow cooked porridge this morning with a tiny bit of salted caramel sauce and some mangos and it was unbelievable. How could I live without that all these years ? :shock: :grin: I don't think I'll be able to eat a thing until tonight after that

I am trying to plan meals for the next 3 weeks or so and I really struggle with the "normal days" dinner parts. No idea whatsoever. I don't want a soup as it's what I eat on fast days, no salad either as it's much too cold for that and it needs to be cheap and not a whole meal (like meat with vegs). Who said I was difficult ? :razz:
12 Feb 2014, 08:41
Morning everyone! I trust you are all fine and dandy today?

Not having a good time at the moment so might not be able to type much today. Will see how we go!

@PennyForthem here's what I ate yesterday. I didn't weigh anything because I don't want to get "bogged down" on feast days. What do you think, though? Have I gone over my 1600 allowance?

1 Weetabix plus some Cheerios
Portion of my mum's delish macaroni/cauliflower cheese (my fave) with veg
Piece of coffee cake (again, my mum's)
A Warburton Thin with ham and ketchup plus crisps (naughty but nice)
A Perle De Lait
Orange pieces
A bowl of Cornflakes at bed time (didn't really want them, was bored)

Does that sound any good?

Bean :sleepy:
12 Feb 2014, 09:26
Just spent an hour catching up on here and I'm sure I last checked in at the weekend. Pancake and buns went well with the children at school and I resisted them all. Have got a day off today as the dreaded sickness bug caught me last night and we have to be away 48 hrs from our last sickness. Feel a bit of a fraud though as I don't feel that ill now but wouldn't want to pass it on. Oh well two days of catching up on filing and maybe some essay writing as I have 9 months to write my Nurture Group essay so I can claim the qualification and 7 months have now passed with nothing written! Hope everyone is safe from this dreadful weather; going to check on my parents in North Wales in a bit. I read that one of the villages near them is possibly going to be abandoned over the next 25 years as the fight to keep the sea away is too expensive.
12 Feb 2014, 10:00
@loulou51 it's the village of Fairbourne, which has a lovely miniature railway
http://www.fairbournerailway.com/
I spent a fair portion of my childhood round there with 'Aunty Barmouth!'
12 Feb 2014, 10:02
@PennyForthem how is yr poor nose today? Hope you can go to your special lunch x

Wild Wednesday today in the Uk!take care everybody...so so windy,so so wet x
image.jpg
(20.1 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
12 Feb 2014, 10:11
Right @nursebean I shall PM you.
Did you also know that just putting @nursebean doesn't actually 'tag' someone?
To do that, you need to do this
[tag].nursebean.[./tag] but with out the dots!

Candice Ok today thanks, but even for me, it was quite a nasty nosebleed!!
12 Feb 2014, 10:36
nursebean wrote: Morning everyone! I trust you are all fine and dandy today?

Not having a good time at the moment so might not be able to type much today. Will see how we go!

@PennyForthem here's what I ate yesterday. I didn't weigh anything because I don't want to get "bogged down" on feast days. What do you think, though? Have I gone over my 1600 allowance?

1 Weetabix plus some Cheerios
Portion of my mum's delish macaroni/cauliflower cheese (my fave) with veg
Piece of coffee cake (again, my mum's)
A Warburton Thin with ham and ketchup plus crisps (naughty but nice)
A Perle De Lait
Orange pieces
A bowl of Cornflakes at bed time (didn't really want them, was bored)

Does that sound any good?

Bean :sleepy:

Have PM'd you, but, given you didn't weigh anything and I've gone off standard portion sizes on My fitness pal, this is how it's come out for the whole day:

1417 cals 217 carbs, 13g fibre, 38g protein and 43g fat.

Worryingly, it could actually have been quite a lot more!!

Even for a feast day, it seems carb heavy to me - what do others think?
12 Feb 2014, 11:17
It does seem like a lot of carbs to me. I try to keep mine under 100g on a normal day and they are usually less than 20g on a fast day. My husband's diet is very similar to this only much bigger quantities. However I'm not saying that low carb is the way to go but it has definitely shifted my difficult last few pounds. :)
12 Feb 2014, 12:40
@nursebean Could it be the weather that's causing you problems? I too think your meal plan looks carb heavy. But when you are in pain or can't move easily, it is so much more convenient to grab for the processed grain products. I'm lucky in that the two lads can take over when I can't do stuff. I just order them around.

I'm in awful pain today. I normally get a tremendous amount of relief from my monthly massage, but not this time. Though trying to cut down on my painkillers hasn't helped. I thought I was doing so well, taking it very slowly. I really, really am having issues with the idea of my operation. I keep thinking that maybe its settled down a bit on its own so I won't need the operation. So I cut my painkillers to see if the base level of pain is as bad as I remembered. Today, at half the dosage I was taking a month ago, having cut down very carefully, I found out. The pain is as bad as it ever was. So the painkillers are back up to normal. I wish I could feel my ring and little fingers, its weird having no sense of touch in any part of your body. I think the TENS machine will be out again today.

I have a CT scan 80 miles away on Friday. If we can get to the main roads we should make it. Its the getting to the main roads thats the problem.
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 36 of 134