The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 58 of 134
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
20 Feb 2014, 16:56
Ooh @Julieathome I love the sound of your hair dye ideas. Will you be sharing the results with us?! Also, what product do you use? I've found one in tinternet that's supposed to avoid harsh chemicals (hence keeping it in overnight for better results). I also intend to use a hair dye remover or stripper and the best one seems to be "B4" which has mixed reviews. So many options!!

Ooh @Carieoates I'm SO pleased to read that champagne is low in carbs. That's made my day. Now, what can I celebrate? Hmm....

Bean :confused:
20 Feb 2014, 17:45
image.jpg
@nursebean @Julieathome
Carb counter courtesy of Atkins book.
Gin is supposed to be low too.
20 Feb 2014, 21:04
Brandy! Urgh! Got SO drunk on it one Christmas Eve that i spent Xmas Day holding icecubes to my eyelids coz they'd swollen so much..alternating with being in the bathroom trying to be sick
We had a party that night and i had to go to bed still feeling ill..was promptly sick all over myself then fell fast asleep with people partying around me.
What a misspent youth it was! But as i always say,You can't put an old head on young shoulders! :razz:
image.jpg
Glad to stick to cuppas now ( and wine,gin,champers,campari,beer)
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
20 Feb 2014, 21:27
Oh what?! Are those chocolate chips I can see?! :cry:

Bean :starving: :cry:
20 Feb 2014, 21:35
Oh I have done such a stupid thing; I moved the sofa this morning whilst shampooing the carpet. Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say, but I used my replacement knee to lever it away from the wall.
I am hobbling like a hobbling thing. Silly, silly me.
Apart from that, the carpet looks great!
20 Feb 2014, 21:38
Oh you poor hobbling thing!
Hope it feels better soon x x :shock: try and rest up,get Hubs plying you with cuppas or something stronger and sit and admire yr carpet with your bad leg propped up xx
20 Feb 2014, 21:56
Hi Gals - I have a moral dilemma I could use some help with............

today I was working in London, which involves using the tube and, yet again, someone tried to give me their seat on the assumption that I am pregnant.... (last time it happened I actually had no choice in the matter as the lady stood up and shoved me into the seat!) Incidentally - I must be blissfully deluded because while I know I'm fat I wouldn't have thought I actually looked pregnant...anyway I digress....this time I said "No - it's fine, only one more stop...." then when she persisted I snapped and said "It's OK - I'm not PREGNANT!"

anyway - what do you think - better to gracefully accept a seat and keep quiet, protest and possibly make them feel bad or suggest to Transport for London they bring out a "NO BABY ON BOARD - JUST TOO MANY PIES!"

Hopefully I can measure my success on this journey by this not being a problem for too much longer :grin:
20 Feb 2014, 22:05
Oh dear Madcat, I really don't know what to say. Someone else on here had that happen a few weeks back, won't name names, not my place. But at least you are doing something about it.
Regarding what to say I suppose it depends what sort of a mood you're in. You prob can't pre empt how you'll feel if it ever happens again.
:heart:

On another subject entirely- My sons going for an apprenticeship down your way at a fruit and veg place. Scientific support or something. Fingers crossed.
20 Feb 2014, 22:11
Maybe we should meet up and you could give me an honest assessment! I think in future I'll just take the seat - beats standing! Good luck to your boy - funnily enough my hubs has just got a new job in Ely so no longer has to battle down the A10 - hoorah!
20 Feb 2014, 22:11
Just use this to spur you on to lose weight @madcatladyand then it won't ever happen again x :heart:
In the meantime, and remembering what hell the tube can be,gracefully accept the seat ..at least it rests your feet and stops you getting squashed like a sardine with yr nose stuck in someones armpit! X
Son of @carieoates hope you get that apprenticeship! :like: :clover:
20 Feb 2014, 22:21
Madcatlady wrote: Maybe we should meet up and you could give me an honest assessment! I think in future I'll just take the seat - beats standing! Good luck to your boy - funnily enough my hubs has just got a new job in Ely so no longer has to battle down the A10 - hoorah!

That's good news about hubs job. Mine commuted into Central London for four and a half years, it aged him. Last year he was head hunted and got a job in swavesey. We both shoot down twenty pence to work now. Brilliant. That A10 is murder. Yes a meet would be great as we only live within spitting distance. Pm me, I don't work Fridays.
Thanks @CandiceMarie he's got another with Carl Zeiss, they make lenses, electron microscopes, binoculars etc.
20 Feb 2014, 22:41
Goodnight folks and happy bobos xHave a great day our pals in US and have a fab friday,our friends in Oz x. Can't wait for morning coz i will have been IF ing for 6 months
Am pleased but its put me in celebratory mood which calls for bubbly,cake etc..however given self a stern talking to and intend to get stricter in the next six months.. :smile: xx
image.jpg
Hugs to all x
(49.64 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
20 Feb 2014, 22:47
I'm sat here licking a spoon of peanut butter because my brain is telling me to eat, eat, eat (because I know I haven't had enough to eat, but everything I fancy is high carb. This M-W-F 4:3 lark is doing weird things to my appetite. I better see some downward movement in the scales on Saturday or I am going to be very upset.

I use semi permanents usually Crazy Colour brand and just leave it in till it washes out.
20 Feb 2014, 22:48
And carbs for wine doesn't seem to be too bad. I may just still with that. Buy a bottle with dinner and make it last the whole evening. It will mean no painkillers for the evening, but its only for one night and with a bottle of wine down my neck I don't think I will notice any pain anyway.
20 Feb 2014, 22:59
Just have a great weekend @julieathome and :wink: :wink: we won't see you 'till Monday xx
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 58 of 134