The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 56 of 134
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
20 Feb 2014, 08:48
@rawkaren You must be so impatient that he arrives.... Hope you'll have a great time.

I know what you feeling, being away from home was difficult at times. I missed everything and everyone. The weird thing is, now I miss everything and everyone from the time I was away as I now know how happy I was over there :razz:

["Merlin"]Gin makes me weep-but vodka doesn't!!!!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: It's the first time ever I hear,or read about that kind of thing

@CandiceMarie I couldn't drink it neat either, which is weird as I always drink alcohol neat but this one is too bitter. I chose it because I am a lemon and lime freak :grin: I had to choose between gin and tequila and tequila scares me a little :grin:

@gillymary and @Sue.Q Happy anniversaries :heart: I am always impressed with couples that made it for that long. My parents are married for 50 years this year, which is great, but I couldn't ever live with somebody for that long, not patient enough :grin:

@CandiceMarie, I think that, if what she said was really true, we wouldn't lose all the weight we already lost and most of us experience the gain of energy on fast days. The myth is you can't do anything when you fast...

Good day fellow fasters !

It's a fast day today, it's cold and raining and I don't want to go out of bed :razz:

Trying to cut back on coffee as I drink 8 to 10 cups of black coffee a day and it's way too much, but I am really struggling. Much more than with hunger pangs....
20 Feb 2014, 09:00
CandiceMarie wrote: Ohhh can someone help me here! @carorees? Anyone?
Sleepless,so trying to read Zoe Harcombe's free ebook "20 Diet Myths"..cannot copy and paste the bit i want to, but about Myth 2 - "Eating less will make you weigh less" she says,

The person who eats less has less energy and will likely do less that day
*** The body will also cut back on its maintenance for the day - it can save cell repair and building bone density for another day - you havent eaten enough,so it can cut back ***

The bit i've starred has alarmed me..if this is true,surely we can't call a fast day a " fast and repair" day :0( ? ? :shock: :starving: :frown:

My understanding of the scientific literature is that when our cells sense a drop in blood glucose it triggers a change from growth to repair. Old worn out parts are recycled rather than the cell growing and dividing using existing malfunctioning parts. The mitochondria, the energy providing parts of the cell, when constantly multiplying to provide parts for new cells, become damaged and the cells don't work as well as they should. Glucose drives the growth. When glucose levels drop the cells stop dividing and the body tidies up by destroying malfunctioning mitochondria and cells (autophagy). When growth starts again the new cells are in better shape than if the autophagy hadn't happened. So yes fasting means we stop growing for a bit but when we eat again the repair work is better quality! It's like trying to mend your car with string and elastic bands while you're still driving it: you really need to take it to the repair shop and not drive it while new parts are ordered.

In fact, studies have found that fasting increases energy if it is just for a short time.

So continually eating less = bad, continually eating lots = bad, fasting/feasting = good!
20 Feb 2014, 09:15
That's what I like to hear. Thank you @Carorees

Bean :starving:
20 Feb 2014, 10:03
Me too @nursebean :grin:

@SianS you're probably right with what you said on another thread,and ZH isn't as they say,
" All that" .....Thanks for yr input x

Thanks @carorees for the easy to understand analogy ! Will keep imagining my little elves all working away on fast days and putting their feet up on feed days!

@carieoates just directing you to caro's explanation coz i know you were bothered by ZH too x
20 Feb 2014, 10:11
Oh goodness , it has all been happening while I've been , dare I say it, WORKING!!!! Yep, actually had something to do!
Have a fantastic time together @rawkaren, it can do wonders for a relationship, having those regular 'holidays' together!

And huge congratulations on the wedding anniversary, it is true what they say about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!!
20 Feb 2014, 10:51
That flippin weight watchers advert is getting me mad. I tried it, paid them loads of money, cheated on my points by saving them up for wine and treats. Bleugghhh.

Didn't lose any weight. Now 9 months on I've lost nearly a stone, and have a better...no brilliant relationship with food and my body. :grin:
Rant over
20 Feb 2014, 10:57
carieoates wrote: That flippin weight watchers advert is getting me mad. I tried it, paid them loads of money, cheated on my points by saving them up for wine and treats. Bleugghhh.

Didn't lose any weight. Now 9 months on I've lost nearly a stone, and have a better...no brilliant relationship with food and my body. :grin:
Rant over

Ditto
but the one that is really really grating me is that Dietchef ad!!!! :curse:
God I hate it with a passion!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for the girl in the ad, don't even get me started on her :curse:
stupid stupid stupid grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
20 Feb 2014, 11:01
Debs wrote: Oh goodness , it has all been happening while I've been , dare I say it, WORKING!!!! Yep, actually had something to do!
Have a fantastic time together @rawkaren, it can do wonders for a relationship, having those regular 'holidays' together!

And huge congratulations on the wedding anniversary, it is true what they say about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!!

I kissed a few, too, plus some right toads!
Now found Mr Right!

Oh, dear fellow forumites, I decided yesterday to start shampooing the carpets - as you do! Our downstairs is quite spacious and open plan, but that means I have to do everywhere! No shutting the door on an un-done bit! Am doing the bits for now in the 'sitting room' bit, as I can move all the furniture by myself, but will need hub's help at the weekend for the dining table (heavy) and grandfather clock (tricky). I'm telling myself it's doing wonders for the waistline!

Ah well, back tuit!
20 Feb 2014, 11:10
Weightwatchers ads!'gahhhhhh @angie090465 and @carieoates
The latest one starts " no fasting! No calorie counting! No forbidden foods! "
The cheek! Might be more appealing if they said,No more registration fee! No more weekly subs! No more cheap and nasty WW overpriced foods! "

Havent seen the Dietchef ad yet angie and i hope i don't.. I might have to hurl the telly thru the window :shock:

@PennyForthem happy carpeting! Yes will do wonders for your waistline and will make you feel great for spring! And yes,make sure you don't move anything heavy,leave it to hubz,coz not worth getting a bad back x
20 Feb 2014, 11:13
Oh yes Candice
trust me, if you see the ad and I hope you don't, you will want to not lonely hurl the tv through the window but that gormless girl in the ad with it!!! hahaha!!
20 Feb 2014, 11:15
I might run amok and rip someone's head off!
I hate ads,angie,i usually do a little chore while they are on,nip into the kitchen and do the washing up,tidy round etc..passes the ad breaks and keeps me moving! X
20 Feb 2014, 11:26
Dear, oh dear, oh dear! You girls need to do some yoga...and relax. There you go! Now over to @PennyForthem oh dear, no praps not...too much going on there...but what a shiny house!

I'm really umming and ahhing at the moment. I've had white hair for years now and have been dyeing it dark brown (but looks black) to conceal it. However, I'm getting d..n (as they write in the Luminaries) fed up, and incapable really, of dyeing it every 6 weeks or so. So I've decided to get rid of the colour, get it to a white shade...and then dye it pale pink! That way, I can leave the grey a bit longer because it won't show. The pink is just to cover my "snowball effect" - you know what I mean! 45 is a bit young to reveal the grey...but pink? :confused:

All I have to do is save up some mega energy...and away I go!

Bean :starving:
20 Feb 2014, 11:30
beanster, as we have never seen even a little piccie of you, I am trying to visualise your beany avatar with pink hair!

:shock:

Could be funky, but if you're getting fed up of dyeing it brown, won't you still get fed up of dyeing it PINK?
20 Feb 2014, 12:01
@nursebean i want white hair so i can have pink and purple streaks! Easier than dying..I think they look lovely! I don't think it will be long before i reach my goal as i am getting a lot more grey coming thru now... X
20 Feb 2014, 12:05
Yes, I realise that, but with dark hair, once even a tiny speckle of grey/white shows it looks horrible. If my hair is pink (Candy floss pink you understand...nothing too bright!!) I can leave the white to "blend in" and with these pink dyes you can leave them in over night...hoorah! :sleepy:

Basically, I'm going to let myself go more natural (grey/white) but plan to get there following the pinky brick road!

Oh and Bean will remain anonymous until...

Bean :shock: :starving:
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 56 of 134