2009 posts Page 61 of 134
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
21 Feb 2014, 21:55
I miss Miffy, hope she is O.K

Ballerina x :heart:
21 Feb 2014, 21:57
We're quite a little family now aren't we.

Bean :heart:
21 Feb 2014, 22:02
@ballerina miffy was on the other night

(Edited to add - on 18.15 this evening, not posted since 30 dec
And what about Suchard - last on 3rd Feb :cry: :cry: for both)
21 Feb 2014, 22:10
I've just seen the first episode of the second season of "House of Cards"! Really shocker in there and I loved the final scene...brilliant (but still not as good as "Breaking Bad" ;) )

Yesterday I saw a British film called "Broken". It had a great cast including Tim Roth, Rory Kinnear, Cillian Murphy and the guy off New Tricks, who's name escapes me (as do many names at the moment :( ) Anyway, if you happen to have Netflix I highly recommend this film...oh, and Breaking Bad

Bean :cool:
22 Feb 2014, 08:42
How funny...whenever I mention tv or film it always gets such a huge response! :confused:

Anyway, I'm feeling good so far (although I haven't got up yet ;) ) I'm going to drive my mum to the market and then we'll walk my darling girls and soak in some of the rays that have actually appeared today...hoorah!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Bean :starving: :cool:
22 Feb 2014, 08:51
Morning peeps.
bean, we don't watch many films these days, though I do like to keep a little 'library' of them at the caravan. Now, if @silverdarling were around, she'd be giving them the Dewey decimal treatment!
When I was teaching, we all had to learn the rudiments of it, though it's long forgotten now!
Lovely here too and we're off on a delivery along the coast and having lunch out! Hubs still in the land of nod, though!
I also remember @pashcaline and @franglaise. Wonder where they are now.
22 Feb 2014, 09:13
F still around on runners and Fitbit threads recently ... Miss all of those mentioned above ...

Dewey would not be films @PennyForthem - as it's for non-fiction only :razz: :razz: :razz: and I've always hated it with a passion :shock: :wink: Melvill Dewey originally had the idea from organising the cans and foodstuffs his mother's pantry, would you believe? Putting like with like ... So all the beans together, then divided into types, all the chillis ...( Bet you're off to do this now - not! Sensible girl!). Very OCD and a@*#ly retentive I think ...
Actually as a system, Library of Congress is worse :curse: :curse: :curse: but thank god that's academic libraries :wink:

Lovely day here too, might nip out this morning, then two more tradesmen coming this arvo to quote on my back fence, first quote in and nearly £500 smackeroonies :shock: :bugeyes:
22 Feb 2014, 09:17
Glad you're feeling good @nursebean
Happy weekend everyone! X
22 Feb 2014, 09:20
That's me standing corrected then, @silverdarling!!
When we moved into our current house, I did group all our non fiction books by type and they are still more or less in that system! 2 year old grandson loves the animal books and the car ones, but I can't understand why he doesn't like the ones on antiques!!

Oh hello, @candicemarie see you've just popped by while I was typing this! lovely day in this neck of the woods!
22 Feb 2014, 09:25
Hiya! Yes isnt it lovely to see the sunshine! X
Have a great day Penns x
22 Feb 2014, 09:56
Slow start for me this morning. No.2 son said he was coming to visit for the weekend (he's at Bristol uni and we don't normally see him during term time). He was getting a lift to Peterborough and then I booked him train tickets to King's Lynn arriving at midnight. Off I drove to meet him only to be told he'd missed the train so I ended up driving to Peterborough, got back at 1.30 this morning. Lovely to have him home though. The house is full of noisy play fighting testosterone charged lads (17,20,21). We are off to meet a family friend in Wells for lunch and the sun is shining. :smile:
22 Feb 2014, 10:01
@PennyForthem
I'm still here Penny! I disappeared for a while but am back and posting on the running, maintenance and fitness threads. I'm still fasting once or twice a week (twice at the moment as I want to lose 2kgs before running a half marathon in April).
Not sure what happened to @Pashcaline, though! I hope she is OK, but I'm not sure she continued with the diet as she seemed to find it quite hard.
22 Feb 2014, 10:16
[quote="Silverdarling"]
Melvill Dewey originally had the idea from organising the cans and foodstuffs his mother's pantry, would you believe? Putting like with like ... So all the beans together, then divided into types, all the chillis ...( Bet you're off to do this now - not! Sensible girl!). Very OCD and a@*#ly retentive I think ...

O...M...G...!...I am OCD....with a vengeance :shock: ..... :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 10:25
I like all my mugs in the cupboard facing the same way with their handles all at the same angle!!!! Sometimes my family go in and mess it up just to tease me.
22 Feb 2014, 10:43
We don't watch many films but saw that the second season of House of Cards was on Netflix @nursebean so we have Netflix for 1 month at the moment - and watched the entire series this week! It was good (although at times I was watching from behind a cushion).
Have now started on Breaking Bad.......
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 61 of 134