The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 59 of 134
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
21 Feb 2014, 10:51
Really surprised to read all your alcohol experiences. I am a boring one, I can drink whatever I want, the only thing that'll make me do is sleep, no difference between vodka, whisky, wine or gin. The only thing is with white wine, it makes me sick every time for a few days. :grin:

Good day to everyone !

Freezing cold this morning but still trying to cut back on coffee

Found old episodes of Murphy Brown, for those who remember, will watch them this weekend with plenty of healthy popcorn

I know, I have an exciting life :wink:
21 Feb 2014, 11:35
Aren't we quiet here this morning?
I'm still hobbling, but it is a little easier.
Just put some washing out and now it's raining. Ho hum, do I go and bring it in, or hope the sun comes out again?
21 Feb 2014, 11:42
Penny, glad to hear your knee isn't as bad. Fingers crossed you didn't do any damage.

I'm sat doing French dolly knitting with a poorly poppet who is missing out on scootering and other fun with her sister and classmates. She was insistent her sister went though.

Oh well, it's giving me a chance to catch up with some stuff around the house - sorely neglected during the half term :oops:

Freezing cold but bright sunshine here on the sea front :like:
21 Feb 2014, 11:48
Penny, hope your knee is alright.I know exactly what you're going through, I am a robocop woman, my left knee is full of metal, shouldn't be able to move but, sometimes, I feel like it moves anyway, which is weird as it's all fixed up, I have a 33 stitches scar to remind me of it.....
21 Feb 2014, 12:28
Oooh, @manderley lets swap scar stories... (I m joking, folks!)
French dolly knitting, @winsome now I should know what that is... scratches head..
21 Feb 2014, 12:32
I think I can win that contest, I also have metal in both of my ankles. A robocop woman I am telling you, I am sure I can make the security doors ring in an airport :grin:

What is French dolly knitting ? Never heard of that, we don't knit dolls over here

I am looking for a healthy snack and thought about roasted chickpeas. Any advice ?
21 Feb 2014, 12:35
French dolly knitting/knitting nancy/French knitting... It's where you have a wooden dolly or, as I had as a child, a wooden cotton reel with nails in. You loop the yarn around the nails/pegs in a clover leaf pattern, hooking one row over another, making a long sausage of 'knitted' yarn.
21 Feb 2014, 12:51
OOOOOOOOh I see what you mean.... I did that when I was little, I was obsessed with it around 8 or 10, almost as much as I was with scoubidous. It was called a Tricotin
21 Feb 2014, 12:59
On hair colors I can say that I have never had my natural Swedish mouse brown since I turned 18 and could do whatever I wanted ;) Never had it blue nor pink, but almost every color under the sun. I think black tulip was one of my favs on a short spiky 'doo. :smile:
As I have matured most times the color of my hair have too and a trip to the über fancy salon in the city the other day did it so much good that you can't even see it's colored :) But I did have a nightmare a month or so ago, that they dyed it pink with turquoise high lights LOL.
21 Feb 2014, 15:30
I am a natural red head and the trouble is, no dye stay on red hair. A hairdresser explained to me why years ago but I don't remember what it was. The fact is, I tried to dye my hair, several time, even bleached them and let me tell you, platinium orange is not a pretty color and I had to stay that way for weeks..... So now I have a few gray hair but I deal with them, much easier :cool:

I just roasted some chickpeas with herbs, garlic and a spoon of olive oil and damn this is good ! I had no idea that they could be so tasty :razz:
21 Feb 2014, 15:47
@pennyforthem I have seen you post about celeriac remoulade several times and have looked it up as I'm ashamed to say that although I have heard of it I wasn't sure what it was. Do you make the French kind with Dijon mustard? What do you serve it with/as? A coleslaw type of thing? Thank you x I think @sue.q might be interested in this too.

Hope your knee is feeling better now. Couldn't pop round and do my carpets for me could you please? I'll move the furniture. Ta :grin: x
21 Feb 2014, 15:59
PennyForthem wrote: Oh I have done such a stupid thing; I moved the sofa this morning whilst shampooing the carpet. Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say, but I used my replacement knee to lever it away from the wall.
I am hobbling like a hobbling thing. Silly, silly me.
Apart from that, the carpet looks great!

I just read this today @PennyForthem and I do so hope your knee is on the mend again. My son had a knee operation this time last year so I know it can be pretty painful. No more moving sofas for you.
21 Feb 2014, 16:07
Oooh @PennyForthem I really feel for you. Hope you haven't damaged your knee too much. xx

Bean :smile:
21 Feb 2014, 16:12
Yes, @wendy darling I make it with Dijon mustard, a squeeze of lemon and some mayo - I have been using Hellman's lighter than light, as although we should now go full fat, I just can't with the amount of mayo I love! Love it in a salad and... well, anything!
Ad yes, I don't mid cleaning your carpets! Shall I bring our carpet cleaner with me?

@auriga I've still had to be busy today and have been standing making Garlic mustard and am just about to make Tarragon mustard, so no slacking for me! How is your son's knee now?
21 Feb 2014, 17:36
Whey hey! my corset fits. I've had to trim the laces by a foot each side.
I am sneaking it into my bag for tomorrow.

Talking of knee's I managed to rip my right knee cartilage 3 years ago by running of all things. We were trying to move house with 5 days notice and I was galloping around and ran from the garage to the house, which was fine. It was when I did a sudden turn at the end and twisted that it ripped my cartilage. A trip to A&E and an operation 6 months later had it sorted. I've got no metal yet, the neck operation will sort that out as I will have a metal cage in my neck.
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 59 of 134