The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

151 posts Page 7 of 11
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Thinking of you Manderley and sending my sincere condolences x
How wonderfully comforting for your Dad to have you there to help him cross to the other side
No doubt he will still look out for you as he has throughout yr life x my belief is that our loved ones in spirit are never far away.
I believe in the old saying..that as on one shore,people are crying and waving and saying Goodbye He's Gone..on another shore,people are waving and shouting hello,Here he Comes x x
Sincerely, so sorry for your dad's passing. Good that you were with him at the end. Take heart.
I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be there for him. I'm sure it provided him with a great deal of peace. Please take care of yourself!
Sorry to hear of your loss, @Manderley. {{{{big hug}}}}
So very sorry Manderley but a comfort for you both that you were there at the end. Big hugs x
So sorry for your loss but he is at peace now and he spent his last moments with you, hold on to that thought. Sending virtual support for you in these hard times :clover:
Here' a poem I chose for the funeral. Please tell me what you think, if it's appropriate

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.
I have been away for a few days and have only just read your sad news, @Manderley. The important thing is to not rush into any decisions regarding animals, work, moving house etc. You have done just the right thing regarding being with your father at his passing and in finding a lovely home for your mother. It seems that your family are rallying around and you should take all the help that is on offer - most people are very pleased to help in this sort of situation.
Take care of yourself at this time and take heart from all the good wishes that are coming your way. :heart:

I have just seen the poem that you have chosen and I think that it is beautiful and very appropriate for your father's funeral.
hugs and supportive thoughts
j
I can't say it any better than anyone else has, dear @Manderley, I'm glad that you were with your father to comfort him at the end.

The poem is lovely.

My thoughts are with you.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you have been amazing throughout all this. My thoughts are with you.
That's a beautiful and fitting reading for the funeral.
I'm just catching up on this thread after a few days. I am so sorry to hear your news but it sounds as if you did everything right at the end.
I love the poem you have chosen. It was read at the funeral of my brother in law . I hope the funeral gives you some peace and gives you the chance to remember happier times with other people who loved your Dad
The poem is beautiful & appropriate Manderley! I have also heard this read before at memorial & funeral services.
So sorry for your loss. The poem you have chosen is beautiful xxx
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
151 posts Page 7 of 11