The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 20 of 27
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
17 Aug 2014, 18:45
Wa - hey yes! Determination Day Deffo @Sue.Q even tho youre just trying to change the subject from your misdeeds :cool:
My Beau works on Mondays..i will be fasting and getting my hair cut! X
17 Aug 2014, 18:59
Happy haircut you see you do reward yourself :like:
That was my first reward a new haircut and much shorter style for my first stone. :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
17 Aug 2014, 19:36
I'm happy to report that I have lost nearly 5lbs in the three weeks since I started back on 5:2. I found the fasting a bit tough to begin with after a long break but I am back in the swing of it now.

It is still early days but hopefully I am back on track and will reach my target again in the next couple of months.

Good luck to everyone else like me who has regained some weight and needs to re-motivate themselves :smile:
17 Aug 2014, 19:44
Congrats @windsinger123, that is a fantastic loss. I am really motivated again after gaining 5lbs on my hols. This week has been tough to get going again, but I'll be joining the folks in the 4:3 tent tomorrow to kick start things again.
17 Aug 2014, 20:28
Well done @windsinger123! And will be with you tomozz @swan51 for a good old fast! @Sue.Q no i dont count this as a reward,just necessity as it's getting too long,making me look like Winnie the Witch! :lol: BUT think its v healthy to give selves treats,specially non food related treats x
17 Aug 2014, 20:40
Have also realised @Maggiee is missing... Hope you are going ok :)

Just checked and saw that Maggie has previously been listed in What's missing and replied then, and has been visiting not posting. Look forward to hearing from you again Maggie. :)
17 Aug 2014, 20:44
Yes i was thinking of@Maggiee..but i saw her somewhere on here yesterday i think?
also @Betsysgr8 tho i know she told us she wdnt be around much for a while ...been months now ..she had family probs.thinking of you Betsy x
AND @Chriso57 x
17 Aug 2014, 21:31
Congratulations @windsinger123 That's fantastic news. :like:
Nice to have you back on track. :clover: :clover: :clover:
17 Aug 2014, 21:41
.oops senior moment! Put a reply in wrong place :wink:
22 Aug 2014, 09:07
Hi Folks

Thanks for the shout out @CandiceMarie I'm not getting emails to say I've been tagged hence the tardy response.
I am not missing just AWOL or more like lurking and sulking :frown: . I read your posts as often as I can. Like others I'm not into the camping (tents) format and I struggle with this new site on my phone.
I hadn't been fasting of any kind for a while and put on 20lbs since my lowest recorded weight last year. I then tried 5:2 ing again but I get sabotaged in the evening, I have always struggled with fast days and I get uncomfortably cold to the point where I can't feel my fingers even in summer. So I am knocking that on the head. I am guilty of over reading as well so I have confused myself with various methods, I haven't found one that works which I can keep up and I have tried them all Fast Five, Calorie cycling etc I hate counting cals :confused: . I have lost four stone doing low carb pre joining this forum, I had plateaued which bought me here but I think my body has had enough of me messing it about for all these years.
So this is where I am at now, back to no breakfasts which means I can get 15-16 hours fasting hours out of 24hrs. Still low sugar. Small lunch at work, same every day cos I love it, 100g of full fat greek yogurt with fresh blueberries, a teaspoon of cinnamon mixed in and topped with a small sprinking of my home made granola. Then dinner in the evening on a smaller plate. That is through the week. Weekends a bit of freedom cos we go out for drinkies and meals out.
Hubbie has found a 20min excercise walk that we do after work and before dinner. Across the road from us is a hill, not long but fairly steep so we power up it as fast as we can, round the block up again faster and round the block again it gets the heart pumping fast so I suppose its our version of HIT which is
better than nothing. I am also using my sit/stand desk at work, standing for half the day, just got to remember not to lean on it :razz:
I don't have much time for posting, with working and keeping a eye on Mum with Alzhiemers, we have some family stress too which is worrying, so life gets in the way as some of you know. But I will try and pop in CM's I'm fat tent or the senic route tent now and again with an update.
Happy fasting all :heart:
Chris x
22 Aug 2014, 09:36
Hiiii Chris@Chriso57 so glad you called in x
Flip,what a rollercoaster this is for so many people! I echo all you say,my experiences are very similar x
It sounds tho as if you're doing pretty well food/ exercise wise,and keeping healthy,and the thing is,you can tweak yr regime more when life gets on a more even keel with family stresses etc
Must be very stressful too re yr Mum x i wonder if it really is true that fasting may protect us from Alzheimers/ dementia? I wish we knew for certain..it wd make it very easy to fast if we deffo knew it would stop that happening - such a sad thing to happen,and devastating for the family x
22 Aug 2014, 09:45
I have been reading, but posting less for a little while.
I am back on it now after gaining 2lb in last 5 weeks. Much better than it could've been. Reckon it's due to lots of eating windows and an odd fast :smile:
22 Aug 2014, 09:47
Hi karen@karenm did you sleep ok on yr early night..i was up peeing all night! Feel good today,hope you do too x
Every little helps..eating windows,a fast here and there..x
Have a groovy weekend!
22 Aug 2014, 09:58
CandiceMarie wrote: Hi karen@karenm did you sleep ok on yr early night..i was up peeing all night! Feel good today,hope you do too x
Every little helps..eating windows,a fast here and there..x
Have a groovy weekend!

Daughter is babysitting ka tonight and we are going to go sleep on the Lizard in Cyril. I finally completed his new cushions last week, so he is sleepable in :wink:
We are having bacon or a barbecue for tea, will hang on as long as possible to eat!
How are you @candicemarie?
22 Aug 2014, 10:14
Ohhh so pleased @karenm That sounds idyllic and you really deserve some time out.
I' m ok thanks..in post fast heaven..i.e., tum feels rested,no hunger,no cravings,bliss to be at peace with my bod!
Have a wonderful tea and a fabulous magical time on the Lizard courtesy of Cyril! X
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 20 of 27