The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

92 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: 30 Day Shred - May 2014
16 Jun 2014, 07:57
Course Lak, anyone is welcome :)

well done on getting to level 2. It's the worst and I like level 3 better, although it's tough! Planks aren't much fun either, but the cardio is the killer for me in Level 2!

Keep going though. I'm the same with the weight gain, more like no-weight loss for me at the moment, but it does work! If I feel brave I might put my before/after up! eek!
16 Jun 2014, 10:44
Lovely to see you @rebelsue
I don't find the planks too awful but doing them and moving your legs at the same time? :curse: What is that woman on?! :shock:
Enjoy your holiday - exciting times
and welome to @lak
not wanting to weigh as I'm eating too much, no way can I blame it on exercise! ;) :bugeyes:
On the homestraight now :victory:
16 Jun 2014, 12:34
Hey Janeg... yeah i've been meaning to figure out that avatar thing for a while! Here I am haha :)

I find the mountain climber movement really doesn't agree with my shoulder in that plank pose, but it's been ok so far, I've only got 1 or 2 days left of it depending what I can fit in before my hols.

My eating hasn't been great on non-fast days either to be honest! I'm trying but too many snacks! Calorie wise i'm fine, but i'm just trying to relax about it all! When i'm back from hols i'll have to have a proper look at what i'm eating and get organised, need to drop the sugar levels for sure!

Planning on looking into doing the 30 day slimdown when i'm back, which is a plan with a mix of 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, which are all Jillians DVD's. So we shall see how that goes, definitely stepping it up from the Shred, the Shred is the easiest bit of those 3 DVD'S!

Shall see how it goes :)
18 Jun 2014, 07:48
@Janeg @BethP @Nicky_94 @Lak

hey guys! how are you all getting on?

I am officially DONE! COMPLETE! Had my last workout last night.

Weight loss wise this round hasn't really helped. Only 1lb off, but my tummy is smaller, my legs and arms are more toned looking and I feel better, and fitter! :grin:
18 Jun 2014, 09:27
Well done that woman! It is an achievement of stregth, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness to get through it!.
ANd fitter and flatter.
Good on you.
Day 17 here, seeing a difference in Beloved. Threatening to measure him.
Cardio still a killer...
18 Jun 2014, 17:08
Well done @rebelsue2 :like:

I'm afraid I have not been shredding, I've had really bad sciatica these last few days, I did three days of level 2 before it struck but nothing since. I finally saw the physio today and she showed me some stretches so I'm hoping to be able to start shredding again soon, but I might switch to the yoga dvd instead as I don't much fancy jumping about at the moment!
19 Jun 2014, 04:17
ouch @Nicky_94 hope the stfretches work.
19 Jun 2014, 08:08
Hi :)

thanks Janeg, i'm happy to be done, but wishing I could start onto more DVD's instead of going on holiday - how mad is that ?? I just don't want to lose that strength, so I will be keeping up some challanges while i'm away!

Nicky shame about your sciatica, do you know what's causing it? Sciatic pain was what floored me last year, turns out it was an issue with my piriformis muscle, I've had 1 year of physio, 1 cortisone injection and am due a botox injection in a few weeks. (into the muscle) Last time I had to modify the shred because any of the "jumping" moves would send the nerve pain down my leg.

The physio also identified weakness in my hips, flexors, hamstrings, and all the way down my calf/ankle due to altering my gait to compensate for the pain in my leg! It's been a long road back, but feeling stronger and fitter now.

I definitely recommend finding out what's causing it and possibly doing some additional stretches, the more you can do to strengthen your back, stomach and hips the less you should be bothered with it.
23 Jun 2014, 06:54
Level 3 started last night. I was so tired and weak, but Beloved showed determination to do it and I joined in to encourage him/shame myself.
There is no way I can do the plyometrics. Those rock star jumps are evil, as are mountain climbers. Can do the sumo jumps though surprisingly.
In my defence, there is a strong possibility they will cause my knee to twist and aggravate an old injury. So I'm not doing them. SO there!
Beloved is in hell for the next 3 days and has said he will get it done in the hotel room. I am so proud of his commitment to this. He's not really particularly good at sticking to exercise and diet related things. He's doing well.
Have a great holiday @rebelsue and hope your sciatica gets better@Nicky_94
How are you getting on @Lak?
26 Jun 2014, 13:49
Hi all,
Sciatica is OK now, but I just can't face jumping back into the 30DS or starting again, so have decided I am going to go for the Body Revolution one instead and see if I like it.
I must talk to the doc about sciatica again the next time I go because I didn't know there was anything they could do like an injection, she very much gave me the impression that there was nothing they could do and I just had to grin and bare it!
What day are you on now @janeg?
26 Jun 2014, 15:58
Ooh, what's the Body Revolution @Nicky-94?
Glad your sciatica has settled down. They MUST be able to do somethign for sciatica!
Just finished day 25- still a killer.
Will need to look for something to do when shred is finished to keep Beloved's motivation up. I would quite happily (is that the right word?) do the shred again alternating with MadMax, but he gets bored. I think a new thing will keep him doing it. And it will kill me .
29 Jun 2014, 06:47
It's another Jillian one, but it lasts 9 weeks in total, and there are loads of dvds-the schedule is on the first page of this thread. I found the first ones on you tube and thought I'd a try, I like it so far!
29 Jun 2014, 08:36
ooh, I'll have a look @Nicky_94
Beloved stunned me this morning- we have decided to exercise later today as my back is a bit burny and I would rather be looser.
Says me, ' I'll start looking for something else to do when this is done' not saying 'after the holidays'.
Says he, 'yes, it'll get things going while we're away, don't want to lose it'
:shock: :shock: :shock:
and actually rather pleased...
02 Jul 2014, 06:37
*drum roll* AND we have finished the 30 day shred. Slightly longer (32 I think) but that's it! Yesterday should have been the last but I got overheated and Beloved was in late so that put the kibosh on that.
RESULTS? um..... 1kg up for me, no increase in weight for Beloved. No change in measurements for me - I am more toned and leaner and feel slimmer. No evidence to back it up though :(.
Beloved is slightly down on the waist, but I can see definition coming on his sides, his butt is pulling up , shoulders looking stronger.
Fitmess wise, I managed to do most of the cardio in level 3, eventually even managing mountain climbers. Got to be able to do the jump squat switch things too. Never even tried rock star jumps and those plank raises with weights were always done in modified position.
Beloved is much more flexible- he's a big (2m) stiffy!
What's next? Holidays with lots of NEAT that's what, and walking.
And maybe a wee plank/squat 30 day challenge that can be done in wee rooms...
How's the body revolution @Nicky_94?
What news @rebelsue2?
02 Jul 2014, 08:44
Woo hoo, well done @janeg :star:

I've only done days one and two of the Body revolution, but I like it, I'm going to do the first cardio one today! The only down side is that it's a bit hard to do in my small flat, it takes a bit more room than the shred I think, but otherwise I like the fact that it changes every day! It's also funny that Jillian says the same things as in the 30 DS! Holidays are fast approaching though so not sure how far I'll get.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
92 posts Page 6 of 7