The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

92 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: 30 Day Shred - May 2014
03 Jun 2014, 07:21
YAY! Day 3 managed - both of us. That's a hurdle passed.
@rebelsue2 off to UK, Scotland (Glasgow) initially, then some days in Yorkishire and Englandshire , then back up the road, plans to be decided/finalised. Probably involve a bit of driving about; need to see the kelpies and am sooooo excited about that. Then more than likely a wee jaunt up to Inverness area - @nessie and @Wildmissus neck of the woods. Hopefully a meet up there!
Can you tell I'm getting excited!
Then we come back to the sand pit for a couple of weeks then off again to Lembeh in Indonesia for diving. I'll get excited about that too
But I'm going HOME first.
Canada sounds exciting too. Where a bouts are you going?
03 Jun 2014, 14:37
@Janeg Great stuff, I grew up near Glasgow but i'm In Aberdeen now! I haven't seen the Kelpies yet, but i've seen lots of pics. Hope they're better than the Falkirk Wheel! I probably wouldn't make a trip to see either, but they do look HUGE!

Shred wise I've had a few days off, but back to it tonight, I did a longer run than usual on Sunday and a longer walk than usual yesterday and I've still got to be careful with my leg injury, So my legs were tired. On top of that I seem to have a weird bug just now, just feeling tired but also nausea. But I'm still doing the shred when I'm feeling ok - comes in waves?

Day 5 level 2 tonight, and then I aim to have finished 8 days of level 2 by the weekend and move onto level 3! Have to say I won't be sorry to see the back of level 2!! :grin:
03 Jun 2014, 14:40
Oh - also, we're flying to Vancouver, but staying with family in Chilliwack which is about 2 hours drive from Vancouver, planning on visiting Vancouver, Vancouver Island, the Rockies, Lake Louise, Banff and hopefully a whale watching boat ride!

It's in 2 weeks, and it's come round so quick, but we're away for 3 weeks! Never been on holiday longer than 10 days before, so should be interesting!!
03 Jun 2014, 21:18
@janeg, when I saw you had tagged me on the 30 Day Shred I got a bit worried - shredding...me! However, a meet up in Inverness, I'm definitely up for that, just let me know when.

My sister lives near the kelpies so we have driven past them on the motorway - very impressive.
06 Jun 2014, 11:26
Where has everyone gone?

@BethP @Nicky_94??

I'm moving onto Level 3 this weekend, after my rest day today :grin:

Looking forward to getting rid of the horrendous level 2!
06 Jun 2014, 18:43
Still here and more to the point , Beloved is still shredding too!
That's day 6 of level one done. Had a bit of juggling past two days and we'll do it again tomorrow and not Sunday. This will fit in better.
It's still hard, the cardio doesn't get any easier for me bit I did manage the push ups on the balls of my feet today.
I usually do it first thing but the past two days have been done later in the day and I find I am stronger. Not on cardio though- still peching and blowing like an ancient, asthmatic donkey.
Beloved is improving too- and I'm sure his tum is a we bit reduced.
Excise day tomorrow- weights and measures so we'll see/have a starting point although not quite at the beginning!
09 Jun 2014, 06:57
Well Done

It's great that your other half is also doing it, I've got a housemate and this weekend he's sat in my bed having his breakfast watching me do the shred! Although he did say he was very impressed, think he thought I've just been snoozing when I tell him i'm off to do my workout! Men!

I moved onto level 3 at the weekend. I have to say it's tough, but in a different way to level 2. I really don't like level 2. I think I did 7 days of it and I couldn't face another one!
3 is tough but in a way that I can still complete it. But it really pushes you if you don't do the modifiers. I felt sick on Sat for about 30 mins after I was finished!

Anyway.... hope the weigh/measure went well. I've done no measurements this time, just pictures. Weight wise i'm down 3lbs so far, but i'm still 2lbs away from where I was a few months ago!
09 Jun 2014, 09:23
Day 8 level one completed. Had our day off yesterday- a strategic move as it was the day after the work' s annual do and an early start into the bargain. Good move there janeg!
Seeing definition in Beloved's shoulder/oxter region and his aerobic fitness and strength are improving. I can now manage the full push ups.
Getting bored now especially as it doesn't really feel any easier.
excise day (weight and measure) wasn't very encouraging. Slight increase in weight and increase in cms from last months despite feeling lighter and slimmer. So we'll see how it goes.
Well done @rebelsue2 getting so far.
Where 's everyone else I wonder?
09 Jun 2014, 10:33
Well done! I love being able to do the full push ups, makes you feel good huh? I've definitely noticed a difference in my arms also! And my chest... (the boobs lift a bit) haha....

Yeah, I get bored of them after about 8 days, haven't seen any major differences from only doing 8 days of each to be honest. If I have time before hols I might mix up the levels when I finish.

I wouldn't worry about the weigh/measure, most people see not much change, most folk get weight gain, and I think my muscles grow so I increase in some places, depends where you choose to measure!

I think when I get back from Hols i'll move onto NMTZ or Ripped in 30 (although I struggled with ripped in 30 last time some of the moves are impossible).

Not sure where everyone else has gone!
09 Jun 2014, 14:07
I've fallen off of the shredding wagon big time between work, kids and bank holidays (we've had 4 in 5 weeks!) but planning to start level 2 again tomorrow! Not sure why but I find I always end up having far too many rest days!
10 Jun 2014, 08:05
Hey Nicky_94!

Nice to see you ....

good luck restarting level 2, I know what you mean about having too many rest days it becomes difficult to get back into it!
14 Jun 2014, 05:56
level 2
cardio a killer!
ouch
that is all
16 Jun 2014, 06:40
...and cue Bon Jovi
"Oh , we're half way there, oh, oh livin' on a prayer!"
That's right, day 15 completed! :D :D :D
Still think I'm going to die and am still gargling with my heart.
oof - it's tough and I'm NEVER going to be able to do those plyometric moves.
Don't care- I'm half way there
:D:D:D:D
16 Jun 2014, 07:36
Oh yeah, level 2 cardio is evil!

I've done 7 days of level 3 now, rest day tonight (well, i'm going for a run with my pal) and then probably fit in 1 or 2 more days before I'm off on my hols on Thursday night!

This week I have gone up in weight so far, and not feeling very thin, but do feel fitter, the moves are easier etc. Was hoping for some weight loss, will weigh in again after the last 2 days and fingers crossed, but if not then at least I'm fitter and stronger for my holiday :)
16 Jun 2014, 07:46
Hi,

Can I join in? I am in day 4 of level 2 (although I've not done it in 4 days). I've actually gained around 4lbs since starting the shred but I can really feel the difference and can tell it's muscle and not fat.
I am kind of hating level 2 - too much plank type stuff and the plank jacks kill me. I also hate that I don't get to lie down for the last set of abs!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
92 posts Page 5 of 7