The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

67 posts Page 1 of 5
Fitbit Chat for FEBRUARY 2015
03 Feb 2015, 23:08
:grin: Four days into the month, and we've obviously all been busy walking and running our steps up instead of checking in here :grin:
Managed 19,000 plus steps yesterday out walking with my brother, very cold but totally invigorating. Came home glowing!
Wow, @callyanna, you're really going for it! That's a lot of steps! Well done to you (and your brother)! Where did you walk - somewhere lovely?
I feel that I have 'done my bit' if I reach my target of 7,500 steps - and I don't manage that very often! :frown: Note to self - must try harder!
We did two walks actually, the first along part of the Trans Pennine Trail that goes along the River Mersey and through a local nature reserve, then in the afternoon along the Bridgewater Canal in Cheshire. Despite the sun and the fact that several barges had passed through the canal was still frozen solid. We had great fun throwing sticks and watching them just slide across the surface! Did notice some early signs of Spring, snowdrops, catkins, pussy willow and even croci were in evidence and so many different birds. Despite living in Australia for over 30 years my brother is a font of knowledge on British natural history and points out so many things I would have missed!
Thanks Katamac, I have been a busy bee,
Callyanna is a great example of someone who just goes out for the walk and not to get to somewhere. She's often ahead of me on the leaderboard, :victory:
I've been for two walks today - a slow one with my friend and a brisk one with my OH as it was so nice at lunchtime. That combined with 20 mins on the Cross Trainer and I'm up to over 25,000 steps. :smile:
Have taken inspiration from @callyanna. I'm fitting in my walk before I go to work. It's still dark at the moment but I like walking around the town centre that time of the day with a coffee in hand, all wrapped up and walk three or four blocks. Listening to Radio 2 on my iphone....
rawkaren wrote: Have taken inspiration from @callyanna. I'm fitting in my walk before I go to work. It's still dark at the moment but I like walking around the town centre that time of the day with a coffee in hand, all wrapped up and walk three or four blocks. Listening to Radio 2 on my iphone....

Have you set up,the music bit on your surge yet. I haven't been running so not bothered yet.
Hi
Today was a very good day done 25092 steps and walked 10 miles and now Im shattered :-)
WoW! fantastic total mariondot40! well done you!
@mariondot4025000 is great, well done you!
I'm officially injured, so no running for a week which is a real bummer as I'm training for a marathon end of March. But it isn't a serious injury. No idea what the leader board looks like because my bandwidth is so low the site never loads. Fortunately I can keep a track of my own activity with my phone or it would be hopeless.
Good luck to everyone else in February!
carieoates wrote:
rawkaren wrote: Have taken inspiration from @callyanna. I'm fitting in my walk before I go to work. It's still dark at the moment but I like walking around the town centre that time of the day with a coffee in hand, all wrapped up and walk three or four blocks. Listening to Radio 2 on my iphone....

Have you set up,the music bit on your surge yet. I haven't been running so not bothered yet.

I'm got all synched up but then I realised that my US phone does not have any music on it! So need to address that! I have noticed that the device keeps dropping in and out of bluetooth - even when it is range. My phone has been ringing off the hook this morning and my fitbit has not vibrated once.
Oh isn't it a PITA when you realise that you dont' have music on a particular device! I listen to podcasts and audio books when I walk, and it's a balance between getting so caught up in the podcast I don't realise where I am, and enjoying all the things I see when out walking. When I bush walk, I don't listen to anything, just enjoy the birds and other noises in the bush.

@Callyanna - lovely to hear about your walk. The UK countryside is so very different from Australian bush - but both wonderful to walk through.
@Franglaise - how frustrating! Hope you can get back to training soon.
Woohoo @mariondot40 that's a big day of walking!
@SianS I love walking with friends and family, somehow you have different types of conversations.
@Carieoates, how is your surge going? Loving it? It has the HRM, doesn't it?
StowgateResident wrote: I feel that I have 'done my bit' if I reach my target of 7,500 steps - and I don't manage that very often! :frown: Note to self - must try harder!

It's all about building habits, isn't it? When something becomes the default (going for a walk when you get up or after a meal or whatever), then it happens without you thinking about it, and it's the "not doing" that takes an active decision. And really, every little bit helps. Everyone has their own target that is right for them, 5,000 or 30,000 steps a day. I had a hangover day in Jan where I didn't even make 3,000 steps - haha, that was pretty abysmal!
67 posts Page 1 of 5