The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1466 posts Page 96 of 98
Previous 1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
16 Apr 2016, 13:13
Hi Brian - no, not as bad as expected weather-wise, and I tried very hard, but the last km into the wind was really energy-sapping so I considered myself lucky to sneak 70% this week. Did run 10k in training on Tuesday and ride a hilly 50k on Wednesday so maybe I did not get to recover properly. Certainly did not warm up due to roadworks and late arrival!
There is always next week...

Pete
16 Apr 2016, 13:16
Lord I need to get my running shoes back on. Great times from you all.
Maybe in the morning I will have a little trot around the fields.
23 Apr 2016, 12:04
@brian1: A new PB and a minute quicker than me - brilliant!
30 Apr 2016, 11:13
@brian1: another PB - well done again. Not seen my official time yet but watch said 23:07, best time since autumn 2013 and best time on the full size course - 72.5% Dead chuffed with my new racing shoes, not sure I will get to catch you even with them, though!
30 Apr 2016, 11:33
Thanks Pete, I was as surprised as anyone. Didn't wear my watch so wasn't sure what to expect. Well done on your time, I still have a long way to get near your %.
30 Apr 2016, 13:51
Hi all,running is great but not for every one,I used to run but not much these days,I have been through cancer and treatment,I live doing some walk/running these days but as you get older your joints and bladder for women don't cope as well,but well done to those who can still enjoy it.
30 Apr 2016, 18:25
I did a 5K today. I had to walk at times and my time was about 46 minutes. I trained, but not enough I guess!
01 May 2016, 10:49
Hi,well done on the run. I used to do some running but haven't in the last 4 years
Keep up the good work
Rosa
03 May 2016, 22:56
Hey. How long have you been doing this PARKRUN? As I see the last one was in March, is there any in May or summertime. I would like to join. Look forward to hearing from you!
03 May 2016, 23:25
Hi @George Blanchard, welcome! parkrun happens every Saturday at 09:00 at a large number of locations around the UK and a few places around the world. Google parkrun UK to get all the details, expect to see some results from you soon!

Pete

PS, you are currently showing as being female - the unfortunate default on this forum...
09 May 2016, 08:43
Hi @brian1: got within 12 seconds of your time on Saturday - hard work but a good run. Looking forward to my 10k event next Sunday, hoping for sub-49 mins (for the first time in five years!)
09 May 2016, 11:43
I did a very hot 5km yesterday. Getting back into outdoor running which as you all know are very different.
11 May 2016, 19:43
Hi Pete,
couldn't find you at Braunstone so I thought you took the week off, had to stalk you to find your run ☺. I signed up for the Oxford half marathon in October, will see if I can do one late July or August as well, after my holiday in South Africa.
Well done Carrie, keep it up.
11 May 2016, 20:17
Hi @brian1, I was thinking about an autumn half, probably Leicester, not sure if natural hip will be terribly keen though- the recent fast runs in light shoes have certainly taken their toll. Will be interesting to see how much damage a (relatively!) fast 10k does on Sunday - might give this Saturday a miss and marshall instead. My club hosts a September 10 mile race, not done that since 2010 but it would be a good indicator for the half...

Cheers, Pete
16 May 2016, 11:01
10k yesterday, limping around this morning! Running hard downhill in lightweight racing shoes has hurt my natural hip and my left calf muscle - but I got round in 48:11, which is a minute quicker than a race 5 years ago and two and a half minutes quicker than last September. No V65 trophy though, the winner of that did 46 minutes...
Previous 1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 Next
1466 posts Page 96 of 98