The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 35 of 98
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
02 Nov 2013, 11:59
Well done Sian, I hope the new course is no slower/longer so you can maintain your progression! Ours got rerouted in August because of increasing numbers and pressure around the start, it is now 25 seconds slower at my speed which is a bit disheartening. Anyway, this morning's run felt really slow and clunky for the first couple of miles and loads of people were still passing me 'til I realized I was not really knackered, just slow, so I sped up over the last half mile to record 24:29, about 10 seconds faster than last week, and outsprint one of my old rivals to the line. Came away feeling not so bad, and OH managed to run all the way to get 30:53, much better than last week and her Achilles problem seems to be lessening with her new shoes. And the drizzle stopped just before the start, very welcome!
I wonder if Mrs Cheeks has shone again? She now has a better RunBritain handicap than OH (22).
02 Nov 2013, 13:01
I'm glad you and Mrs Pete had a good morning. Don't tell anyone but according to my watch the Maidstone run is slightly short of 5km so I fear the new one at Tonbridge may result in slower times. If you get a minute read the course description of the new Tonbridge run, the end section seems very odd to me.
Domane had a good run too.
02 Nov 2013, 13:31
Had a look at the course, seems that you get to do the last bit by running around a round edifice and going back on yourself! Looks reasonably flat, though...
02 Nov 2013, 13:34
I doubt I'll be going fast enough to get dizzy running in circles!
02 Nov 2013, 13:40
I think some of you will have seen my separate post, but I'll add it here so that I'm in with the right "gang", hehe. I did my first park run this morning at Telford. I know my place so I stood fairly near the back at the start. I finished 162 out of 209 (I did end up overtaking a few!) in a PB time of 31.15. My age grade was 53.65%, which put me in a relative final position of 68, so I'm actually quite chuffed with that (I think?) for a first attempt. My Endomondo tracked me at 5.04km at the finish so that said my PB was 30:59. In any event, I now have my own personal challenge to crack that 30 mins. If I hadn't had to slow to a walk with a nasty bout of stitch at the 4.5km mark, I may well have just done it today. Oh well... there's always next week ;)
02 Nov 2013, 13:46
Well done Domane, I was searching for your post but failing to see it after Sian said you did well. About the same time as my OH, who is on her way back from injury but managed to get round without stopping today. You must be very pleased, and I am sure there will be much more to come over the next few months!
02 Nov 2013, 13:47
Beware Domane, once you crack 30 mins it doesn't stop there!
02 Nov 2013, 18:43
SianS wrote: Beware Domane, once you crack 30 mins it doesn't stop there!

Tell me about it! I said I'd be thrilled when I could run 5km and that would be my distance.... now I'm doing 10k.... but I'm keeping my mouth shut this time!!! :lol:
09 Nov 2013, 07:15
Good morning runners,
New parkrun today at Tonbridge, much closer to home, so I hope it's a good one. They have changed their route from the originally published course and have got rid of an odd switch-back at the end. So far it is dry and cold and sunny here in SE England with a forecast of rain at 11.00, so fingers crossed.
Good luck parkrunners :clover:
09 Nov 2013, 07:34
Good Luck Parkrunners.
09 Nov 2013, 09:46
Morning runners - I'm in Wales for a birthday celebration weekend so no parkrun today, but I shall keep an eye on your performances when I can get a WiFi connection in the cafe! Good luck to you all...
09 Nov 2013, 13:25
Hi all,
Not checked in for a while, but feeling rather chuffed. New PB today of 32.47, and hit 2.5 stone lost, and it's my birthday tomorrow.
I wish I had known about 5:2 20 years ago!
Watching out for everyone else's results,
Andrea.
09 Nov 2013, 14:47
Congratulations on all fronts Andrea, and Happy Birthday for tomorrow. :cake:

My new parkrun was wet and slow and crowded, I'll post my time when I get it, but on my watch it was 2 mins slower than last week at Maidstone.
09 Nov 2013, 16:27
As I thought, I was 2 mins slower than last week at 30:22.
The course is a bit odd - starts on a rugby pitch which was very wet, then through a gap in a hedge before heading off for a variety of grass and paths. The gap only allows one runner at a time through and is after about 200m where everyone is still very bunched. Having said that all my km's were slower than last week.
09 Nov 2013, 17:16
That's a pain - I suppose if it is a new run it may have some teething problems.
I was actually held up by some people today!!!!
The first bit is uphill and the actual path is not very wide, with longer grass either side. I always start at the back cos my legs usually take a while to get going, but I got stuck behind some people running 3 abreast. Eventually went into the grass, but the splits on my phone showed the first km was the slowest by about 30 seconds.
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 35 of 98