The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 56 of 98
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
23 Apr 2014, 07:52
monsoon season? where are you living? It's almost rainy season in Okinawa, then we'll have typhoon season…
23 Apr 2014, 23:00
I have just entered my first race, Inverness race for life a 5k it's on the 25 th May so I have a month to get a bit faster. I went to Jog Scotland last night and ran with other people for the first time, I was quite relieved that I was in the middle of the pack so didn't feel like I was holding anybody back. I am excited about the race and feel it will motivate me to get out and run. :like: :grin:
24 Apr 2014, 00:30
MaryAnn, I'm in Thailand. The heat is unbelievable at the moment, the very worst it's been since I've lived here (3 years). I couldn't run last night, it was way too hot. My husband did, at 9pm, and he came back in such a sweat it looked like the monsoon has indeed started, on his head!
I got up at 5:30am to run instead. It was horrid to get out of bed but I'm so happy I did! I ran 3K, which is good for me as I'm a beginner, and I ran at a pace of 5'37" per K, which I was happy with.
Nessie, well done for entering a race! I can't wait to try too!
24 Apr 2014, 00:48
That's exciting! It's quite a lot warmer there than in Okinawa.

I got my start in organized running doing race for life (I used to just run on my own a lot before that). It's a really nice atmosphere, those races. The first year I ran it, some of my friends doubled their pledge if I could complete it by my goal time. That was an interesting challenge.
24 Apr 2014, 04:27
What a lovely load of running activity! It's nice to read about! Good going :victory:
24 Apr 2014, 08:33
Scotland, Thailand, Denmark, Japan ..... isn't the internet the best thing since sliced bread.
24 Apr 2014, 09:09
hello fellow runners!
i'm a month away from doing my second half marathon (edinburgh end of may). still running two evenings a week and then one morning at the weekend. i fast on the two days i run and i'm now pretty used to it. the only thing i am a bit concerned about is that i'm eating around 700 calories on "fast" days. but then i figure i'm burning off around 500 calories so it sort of works out ok. i've lost about a stone now doing this so it's sustainable.

great to see so many running fasters!
24 Apr 2014, 09:22
Ayjacee wrote: hello fellow runners!

great to see so many running fasters!

And now if only we could also be faster runners. :grin:
26 Apr 2014, 04:50
I'm very happy to have gotten the green light to start running again when I saw the physical therapist yesterday. But… he doesn't want me running on the road. He prefers grass (not sure I can find anywhere appropriate) or even a treadmill. I was surprised he preferred treadmill over track. Anyway… I'll have to ignore this instruction a bit because I'll never find enough grass in Okinawa for a long run. I'll do a treadmill run instead of my usual weekly hill run, though...
26 Apr 2014, 12:12
Ayjacee wrote: hello fellow runners!
i'm a month away from doing my second half marathon (edinburgh end of may).

Hi @Ayjacee!
Good luck on your second half marathon - I think I'll be doing mine the same weekend, I'm doing the Mont St Michel marathon in duo with a friend (I'm doing the 22km second part). I just hope it isn't too hot that weekend!
What time are you hoping for? Congratulations on fasting and training, it is hard. I'm lucky not to be fasting at all at the moment because my weight is going down for some strange reason and I don't want to lose any more.
@MaryAnnI read that running in a treadmill is a lot easier than running ouside on the road, so I'm not surprised that your doctor has recommended this. I hope your recovery goes well.
I did my first run (15kms) after a week of rest yesterday and it was fine. I didn't miss running on my week off as much as I thought I would, but it was great to put my shoes on again and run yesterday!
26 Apr 2014, 12:34
Back from Tenerife this morning (in bed by 04:00) but up at 08:15 to do parkrun, at MrsPete's insistance, having hardly slept due to a freezing cold house and aching joints from the long flight. Nevertheless we did OK, 24:50 for me and 29:04 for her, which is better than we have done on our home course for quite a while. Certainly finished up feeling no worse than usual despite having run 6 days in the last 8, and walking on the other two. Looking for a decent time next weekend!
26 Apr 2014, 12:58
Good luck to all with their coming half marathons!
Good to have @MaryAnn running again.
In 3 weeks I will do the Copenhagen Marathon and today was the last hard run. I tested new Fivefingers Bikila LS and they were excellent!

Gratz to @CreakyPete with the park run! I must say your story reminds me "there is no slacking when wifey is around!", hehe, thumbs up for her determination :like:
26 Apr 2014, 15:00
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but I got very excited when I saw there are lots of other runners doing this! Just curious does the lethargy that happens on a run the day after a fast get better with time? I am in my 3rd week of 5:2 and the run the day after a fast are terrible. Also is anyone on here doing the Paris marathon next April? I was picked in the draw! I feel so lucky :)
26 Apr 2014, 20:35
shaina02259 wrote: Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but I got very excited when I saw there are lots of other runners doing this! Just curious does the lethargy that happens on a run the day after a fast get better with time? I am in my 3rd week of 5:2 and the run the day after a fast are terrible. Also is anyone on here doing the Paris marathon next April? I was picked in the draw! I feel so lucky :)

Lethargy is a noticeable part of the early transition to fat burning. Adding some salt into your diet - a stock cube or two during the day can alleviate most of it. After a while running on a fast day is no different than a feed day.
26 Apr 2014, 21:04
Hello @shaina02259, I'm in the Paris marathon 2015 too :)
I agree with @ADFnFuel on the lethargy, some have it worse than others, but it will pass.
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 56 of 98