The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 57 of 98
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
29 Apr 2014, 13:20
Really pleased at the moment, did a 33km MTB race on Sunday and then a 8.5km training run on Monday morning. I feel the fitness returning :grin: no pain from the injury. :victory:
29 Apr 2014, 14:38
Nice to hear brian1 :)
29 Apr 2014, 14:50
@shaina02259When I first started 5:2 I really struggled to train the day after a fasting day. The body, being the amazing thing that it is, soon adapted and now I really enjoy training early in the morning after a fasting day and seem to have no significant drop in intensity.
Stick with it as the increased efficiency in using fat as an energy source and the weight loss will seriously help your running.
29 Apr 2014, 15:15
Glad your fitness is returning @@brian1!
@shaina02259I agree with the others, I don't have any problems running the day after a fast day, but I usually run after eating something - even just a slice of toast for breakfast. It does get easier, and as Simon says, weight loss will only improve your running time so it is worth sticking with 5:2.
05 May 2014, 06:46
Went camping in the mountains with the family over the long weekend and Sat morning went for a leisurely jog, ended up running 8.75km, scenery was awesome although the air was a bit thin. :cool:
06 May 2014, 08:36
I ran about 7k when I was in Tahoe in March. I could definitely tell the air was thinner.

I managed about 11k yesterday, but it didn't feel very good. The only exercise that isn't bugging my hip and hamstring these days is the elliptical, so I've done one session today, and I'll do another on Thursday. Then it's the half on Sunday. I think signing up for this when I did was a bit premature, but I'll just do my best. It's 3 laps around a park in Tokyo, so it won't be a problem to stop at any time.
06 May 2014, 17:01
@Maryann hope all goes well on Sunday . :clover:
06 May 2014, 21:34
Nessie wrote: @Maryann hope all goes well on Sunday . :clover:

Yes, shorter steps, quicker steps. Give that hammy some rest.
07 May 2014, 05:39
Good luck on Sunday @Mary Ann. Enjoy the race, don't go for any PBs and think of the nice rest next week :wink:
07 May 2014, 17:01
Yes, good luck @MaryAnn
07 May 2014, 18:21
Hi all, just catching up with your news. Good luck for Sunday, MaryAnn, I'm sure you have the sense to pull out if the hamstring gets too painful - there will be other races and there is no point in doing damage just to finish this one...

We ran last Saturday at another parkrun course, Ipswich has summer & winter venues, and this one is mainly grass and gravel paths but pretty flat. Need to learn how to pace it and not set off at 6:40 pace around the cricket pitch like I did this time...

Anyway, I was 24:25 & MrsPete was 29:49 which although not earth-shattering times are acceptable, especially since I was struggling to walk at a decent pace for the previous two days due to my hips. Determined to get back under 24 minutes soon!

Best of luck with your marathon preparations RunningOlsen, not long now...
08 May 2014, 08:18
It's great to keep up with everyones times and achievements.

Good luck to you all when the big days arrive.
11 May 2014, 02:59
23 mins off my PB!! It was flat, but hot, and I'm still not 100%. Very pleased, very tired. My hip/leg held up ok. Everything tight now, but not too much beyond normal.
11 May 2014, 06:10
Wow! @MaryAnn, Congratulations! :victory:
11 May 2014, 15:52
WooHoo!!! Great job, MaryAnn!

Don't forget those post-race stretches. Easy does it! Excellent race! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 57 of 98