The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 67 of 98
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
25 Jul 2014, 15:39
The pressure (of my own making) is off for my half marathon. Due to being a bit tardy in signing up I had 12 weeks to train for it, it being in 12 weeks! However, I haven't been able to train this week as I have an horrendous cold which is also affecting my glands and looks like it's about to settle on my chest, so perhaps no training next week either. I've decided that the news is all good because I'm going to be about 2 weeks, if not more short on training, but I will do it even if it involves a lot more walking than I would like. And after this the next one has to be better so my PB will come down at least once.
28 Jul 2014, 07:43
Hi All. Haven't been in here for a while! I just wanted to say I did my first Park Run on Saturday.

Super hot day, lovely group of folk, and hopefully be back next week to try again (and maybe beat my time)

I'm still keeping an eye on my injured leg, but so far so good! First 5k I've done outside in 2 years. And 1.40 mins better than my last time! :)
31 Jul 2014, 02:30
We all knew running is good for us, but a study shows that it will make us live longer, too: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/3 ... ealth&_r=0
02 Aug 2014, 07:32
Off to do my 50th parkrun, in the rain!
02 Aug 2014, 12:42
Hope it went well Linda - just ran my 151st, and again 24:42 where I seem to be stuck at the moment...
MrsPete had a good run though, officially27:46 for 70.8% and a new PB for time and percentage so she is pretty chuffed with herself!
02 Aug 2014, 13:13
28:56. Nowhere near a PB, and it was never going to be, given the rain, and the fact that I'm only back running after an injury. But it was my fastest time since the injury, so I'm more than happy with that.

What colour is the 150 T shirt, Pete, well done!
02 Aug 2014, 14:16
Grey....of course!

And on the back there's a large target with the words: "If you can read this, I'm in front of you!" just below it!

Good speed! to one and all!

:-()
02 Aug 2014, 14:59
100 is black, then it's all the way to 250 before you get another (purple) one. That might require a couple of new hips!
02 Aug 2014, 16:31
I've just cried tears of joy when I got me email telling me about my shirt - sniff!

(The celebratory prosecco I'm quaffing might also be a factor)

I was in attendance when a group of Strathclyde runners visitied all 18 of Norn Irn's parkruns in one weekend - I'll never forget the awesome sight of all those red and balck 50 and 100 shirts tackling our hill.

I have yet to see a purple one. But the black one is one of my challenges for 2015.
02 Aug 2014, 22:26
I ran solo this morning. Never a great motivator for me. Got 43 mins but had to negotiate cows twice, cow pats, stiles, Several geese and the east coast train to London kings cross lol. Room for improvement. But my first solo 5km
03 Aug 2014, 08:40
First run in Oxford, found a nice route measuring 5.7km.
Also my closest parkrun is just up the road, couldn't go yesterday but will register this week and be there on Sat. :grin:
04 Aug 2014, 07:03
Congratulations to all of you on your park runs. I wish we had them in France.
I did a marathon in duo with a friend yesterday (I ran the first 23kms, she did 19) and we were the first female duo with a time of 3H27mins. I wasn't really on form for the last 8kms and it wasn't my best time but it was a really nice course to do.
BUT...it made me realise how much I like trail running and how much easier it is on your knees and feet. I've cancelled my next road half marathon and am going to do a 39km trail race instead!
06 Aug 2014, 12:45
Just got back from an 'all inclusive' two weeks in Tenerife, it was fantastic. Might need to 5:2 for a few weeks. :grin:
Back in training this week and I am now seriously contemplating doing the Manchester Marathon next April. I think I prefer endurance events rather than speedy ones. It is 37 weeks away (not that I am counting already). First goal is to get back up to two hour training runs by Christmas.
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 67 of 98