Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 70 of 98
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
30 Aug 2014, 17:49
Take care of yourself Pete, hoping for the best for you {{{+}}}
01 Sep 2014, 14:59
Yes, so sorry to hear about your hip problems, Pete. I understand that you are hesitating about having a new hip, it can't be an easy decision to make as you love running so much.
I'm training for my 39km trail race mid September, doing one very long outing a week and two shorter ones with speed training. Thursday I did 25kms in 2,5 hours but found it a bit of a struggle and didn't enjoy it at all as I'd trained the previous 2 days too, today did 30kms in 3H15 (nice and easy pace again) , found it very easy and really enjoyed it...presumably because I didn't run this weekend.
Only 2 weeks to go, have a short relay to do Saturday as part of a team of 8 so am hoping to do a good time as it is just under 5kms. I have never run a timed 5km race before, started at 10km and then increased.
02 Sep 2014, 06:45
Oooh, I managed 28:06 this week too! My best time post injury, and I really enjoyed the run. Still 2 minutes off my PB, but I'm headed in the right direction.

Tough decision, Pete, I wish you all the best in your deliberations.

Anyone going to be near Feltham's Crane Park on Saturday 1st November? I'll be in town for my daughter's Sadlers Wells debut, and though I'd try a local parkrun while I'm there :cool:
personal best - now almost 12 minutes(!) faster than my last race three weeks ago. Currently at 2 hours 8 minutes.

I'm surprised I cut that much time from this race because of how tired I felt after mile 9 and with that long walk up a steep hill at mile 11. My 10K split was exactly 55 minutes. Wanted my 5K split but can't get it out of my increasingly-problematic Garmin 305 without sifting through raw data.

Am planning to return to no-carb, fat burning mode for the next race having decided that I'd rather have a steady energy level throughout than late-race cramping and being exhausted afterward. No doubts in my mind now that faster paces require a different solution for fueling and electrolytes. 17 days left to play with both and add in some hill work.

John
04 Sep 2014, 00:00
I think I'm in Love, with my Nimbus 16's that is ! It's taken me a few weeks of going back and forth between 3 pairs of shoes to realize these Nimbus 16 shoes are meant for me. hahaha They are light and a little bouncy and feel just right. Thanks to Franglaise for the recommend a while back.
04 Sep 2014, 08:43
@ADFnFuel: congrats on the improvement in PB; I have a 305 and use SportTracks to analyze my data, you can see every split time in km or miles or fractions thereof. It is free to download and use the lite version, subscription allows access to more features - check it out!
05 Sep 2014, 05:26
I did intervals on a track last night. I started out thinking I would do 400m all out then 400m walking. I only managed 200m. I did that 4 times. I couldn't believe how well and truly that kicked my butt. What a workout!

Also… I think I need to change my elliptical intervals from Boutcher (8s/12s) to something longer to build more stamina...
05 Sep 2014, 15:30
@brougham I'm really pleased you like the Nimbus! I'm a big Asics fan.
@ADFnFuel Congrats on your PB! 12 minutes is A LOT to shave off your time in such a short period.
@MaryAnn Has the weather cooled down for you yet? My club coach is back this week so we will be back to serious interval training, 20 x 200m :shock: it will be hard after a realtively easy summer mainly concentrating on endurance and long runs.
05 Sep 2014, 18:39
OMG 20! I thought 4 would kill me! It's still pretty hot. The track is lit so were going later next time.
08 Sep 2014, 08:25
I ran in another relay race on Saturday - my shortest ever distance, 5kms, in 23 mins. BUT...it was quite an easy course, a lot of downhill with 2 very steep uphills. My relay was a women only one and so the competition wasn't that great, but I was still pleased to start first and finish first...the only race I've never been overtaken! My team won the relay overall. There were some very good runners in it and I'm pleased I didn't let them down.
Only 6 days until my 39km trail race which I'm dreading, it will be the harderst thing I've ever attempted. The goal is to finish!
09 Sep 2014, 08:05
Congrats on your relay and good luck on your 39k (yikes!), @Franglaise!

When I told my interval partner that you run 20x200m internals, she said we could add 1 each week. it will be awhile before we catch up!
14 Sep 2014, 15:04
Finished my 39km trail race, which in fact turned out to be 41kms because it wasn't measured properly. It took me 5 hours, a lot of walking up very steep rocky slopes...but the weather was good and because it has been dry we weren't running in mud all the time. I finished 9th woman over all, and won a medal for being 2nd veteran woman, which was good because it was the championship of Brittany. I ran with a friend from the club and we passed a lot of very exhausted men at the end! 32 out of the 344 runners didn't manage to finish at all. Knackered now.
14 Sep 2014, 16:02
Congrats!

I'm tired sitting here reading about it. :bugeyes:

Always an aspiration to read what others have done and to wonder if we dare consider it.

:smile:
14 Sep 2014, 17:34
@ADFnFuel Thanks! It was tough, the longest race I've done so far. But anything is possible. Up until a year ago I had never run more than 5kms in one go, and never in a race, and I thought even 10kms would be impossible.
14 Sep 2014, 18:15
Well done @Franglaise what an impressive achievement. I will be doing my 3rd 5k of the summer next Sunday and I will be very happy if I don't come in last. :razz:
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 70 of 98