The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

349 posts Page 24 of 24
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 Next
Re: Couch to 5k
18 Nov 2014, 17:38
Hi all,
I am currently on week 6 of a 9 week c25K plan. Last week I did my first 20 minute run with stopping so things are going well. By the end of this week I should have done a 25 minute run.
This is the second time I have done it. I "graduated" from the UK NHS C25K plan almost exactly a year ago. I was running for 35-40 mins and was just about doing 5K. Then I just stopped... :confused:
All the good work was lost and over the last year I lost all my fittest again. I stated again in October and I will carry on until it is complete and beyond! It is much easier mentally this time around because I know that I have done it and can do it. Physically it is still tough but I am not doubting that it is possible.
One of the reasons why I am doing IF (just started) is that I want to be able to run without all this excess weight I have to carry. I want to be able to improve my pace and also reduce the rest of impact injuries by lightening the load of my feet and joints.
Take care!
W.
18 Nov 2014, 18:36
The 5K is elusive...
I haven't run since 1 November. The weather has been lousy, and I had this medical emergency, and now it's only 45 F out, with sidewalks covered in snow, and I can't bring myself to run for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks in that. Might be a bit dangerous, too, as I've never run in the snow and my shoes aren't made for it.
Whine, whine, whine. But it's all true. Next Thursday is a way off for weather reports to be very accurate, but the report is for snow and 30 F (-1 C). And I certainly won't run the race if that forecast comes true.
Sad here, not to mention I feel like I've let my buddy @ADFnFuel down...
18 Nov 2014, 21:24
Hmm. Since November 1st, I've only been out running 3 times myself.

45F (7C) is actually a great temperature for running. Start out with a light jacket (sweating is optional) and you'll have it off and tied around your waist before the second mile. Watch your step though! There's crisp, clean air to tickle your nose, splashes of color remaining in the trees and shrubs, and leaves to crunch through along the way. Did I mention hot cocoa and the joy of feeling really alive when you get back? What's not to like?
19 Nov 2014, 08:54
Hi all, just to say I had my hip resurfacing op yesterday and all seems to have gone well. Some pain after the spinal block wore off but much better this morning. Should be back to plodding around 5k parkrun in a few months with luck!
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 Next
349 posts Page 24 of 24