The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

349 posts Page 20 of 24
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 Next
Re: Couch to 5k
06 Sep 2014, 19:29
Ok, I got a kick in the butt from @ADFnFuel, well deserved. I got back in the saddle and ran for 25 minutes today. It is a beautiful day and there were no excuses left. I'm sticking with week 7 till I've done three runs in a week, as opposed to my recent one-run-every-week-or-two schedule.

Amazingly, I was faster than my last two Week 7 runs, even though I hadn't run in 2 1/2 weeks. I ran like the wind (had to get another metaphor/simile in there) - 14 minute miles. Yes, I'm aware that that is actually running like a tortoise. But it did feel good.
07 Sep 2014, 13:37
wendyjane wrote: ...
Amazingly, I was faster than my last two Week 7 runs, even though I hadn't run in 2 1/2 weeks. I ran like the wind (had to get another metaphor/simile in there) - 14 minute miles. Yes, I'm aware that that is actually running like a tortoise. But it did feel good.

Yes! :like: :like:

The point of these challenges is to realize - by doing - that most of the obstacles we see are illusions that we place there ourselves.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
07 Sep 2014, 14:56
I've completed week 5, which amazed me, being able to run for 20 minutes, when only a few weeks ago I thought I was going to give up after 30 seconds....! I've got myself a bright orange vest and some Lycra shorts and I use a waist belt to hold my phone... My shoes are just ordinary trainers, but seem to be okay. I'm really doing this to try and get fit enough to start some interval training. I think it is the music that makes it so much more enjoyable, at least I can't hear my laboured breathing...!
07 Sep 2014, 17:01
Well done @belindab!
I'm due to do the big Week 5 Run 3 this week, and so it is good to read about people who have survived it!
08 Sep 2014, 08:54
You can do it @Annurca - I was so surprised when it jumped from 8 minutes, but it really wasn't as bad as I feared...
09 Sep 2014, 17:58
Best pace and distance today!!
Average running pace under 14 minutes!!
Can you believe it? Next thing you know, they'll want to interview me for Runners Magazine :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
09 Sep 2014, 18:07
I've been looking at the other podcasts for when i complete this. I don't think I want to do 10k at the moment but the 5k+ ones look good.
10 Sep 2014, 08:32
Wow @wendyjane that's amazing! Well done :-) I found today's 2 x 10 minutes quite a bit easier, but am only just starting to be able to speed up a little. It is getting more enjoyable... am expecting the next run to be tougher.... but getting anywhere near 5k by the end of week 9 seems challenging!
10 Sep 2014, 09:29
If you are like me it will end up that you run about 2 and 1/2 miles in 30 min but that's O.K. when I enter a 5k race I seem to do it in 39 min which again is O.K. By me I am not planning to be a star I just want to get a bit of running done a few times a week for my own pleasure. Hoppy running to all of you.
10 Sep 2014, 10:12
Well you're right of course @Nessie, I'm not doing it for any specific time goals or anything, really started it just to get fit enough to be able to do walking + HIT sprints!
10 Sep 2014, 14:04
Wow, I did it! Week 5 Run 3! 20 minutes!
I do feel pleased with myself as definitely could not have run that 6 weeks ago....
@nessie I have realised that although it is called Couch to 5k, I have to regard it as Couch to 30 minutes, and hopefully one day 5k! All in good time, I'm happy to take it steady and to just get there in my own time.
10 Sep 2014, 14:27
Well done @annurca ! You're right, but you know, I'm sure when we can run for 30 minutes, it won't be so hard to run the extra distance to make 5k..... Running for 20 minutes is significant isn't it? Amazing when I think how hard I found week 1... :-)
10 Sep 2014, 15:35
@belindab I suspect you are right, and the jump from 30mins to 5km will not be so great as week 1 to week 5!
However, I shall still be taking it gradually, as I don't want to strain anything... I've seen a few people doing C25K who got injuries. They are up and running again, but it would be demoralising I think.
12 Sep 2014, 08:42
Week 6, run 3 done - Laura says I am officially a runner now! Total activity 3.76km in 35.24 mins
12 Sep 2014, 09:53
I did week 6 run 3 today as well. ( I have already reach week 8 run 1 before I took a break in the summer hols). Brilliant feeling when you do it for the first time isn't it. Wk 7 is 3 runs of 25 minutes.
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 Next
349 posts Page 20 of 24