The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 12 of 21
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
28 Jun 2013, 07:54
Right I need to shred today big time, I have had a week off now and I really want to finish this!! Mummybunny I was planning on ripped in 30 after the 30ds but it won't be till around the 10th July as I'm going away from a week next wednesday so I imagine that it will take me that long to finish the 30ds!
28 Jun 2013, 13:21
I'm on Level 2 now and getting a touch frustrated, because unlike so many other people, I can't see any real progress. I hurt more from working out--oh, do I hurt more!--but I can't see any new muscle definition or anything like that.

And worst of all, during "that time of the month", I bloated up and it just won't go away. My weight has stayed the same, but my midsection expanded like a balloon. Argh. I'm really not looking forward to measuring my waist for updating my tracker tomorrow.

How long has the soreness lasted for other people? Should I be worried that I'm at Day 10 and still feel like I've fallen off a cliff after shredding?
28 Jun 2013, 20:02
I'm happy to say that I finally shredded today, level 3 was fine and not as bad as I feared, though I think I will be sore tomorrow.

Zarthicus - you must be working really hard!! I generally don't hurt much the day after working out apart from if I'm doing things like running up and down stairs or the first couple of days after changing levels...maybe try doing some more cool down exercises??

BethP - have you come back from holiday yet??
29 Jun 2013, 06:28
I think I know what you are feeling, Zarthicus. I don't look anything like any of the three women on the screen and you can't see any muscle definition - but I know my muscles have changed. I'm just more solid, not as wobbly :bugeyes: , I have more strength, I can sit up without pushing myself up.

I have actually done Level 1, then Level 2 and now I'm doing Level 1 again. For me, this is a case of doing some exercise, as opposed to none. The fact that it is only 20 minutes a day is the main advantage. It has not been a huge expense or needed big chunks of time through my week like gym membership or classes would do.

I would love to see miracles but I'm still happy with where I am going.

I would worry that you are still sore at the end of a week of the same level though. Maybe it would be worth getting medical advice, as we are told to, but I bet none of us have!
01 Jul 2013, 20:27
Hi all. Was just having last Friday off but it ended up being all weekend! Back to it this evening and although we got through it, it was hard after a few days off. Plan to level 1 shred for the rest of the week. Good luck everyone. X
01 Jul 2013, 22:09
I've just finished week 1 of Ripped in 30. Really, if you've gotten through Level 3 of the Shred (and there is no reason anyone here can't) it ain't that bad - it feels almost as though I am slightly regressing, but I know I am just building up for what Jillian calls "the mother of all workouts" in week 4 so I'm not too worried about it!

This has been a funny week for me - while most weeks I have done 6-7 days a week of exercise, this week I could only manage 5, but Jillian says in the DVD to do 5-6 days a week and always to give yourself a rest of at least a day, so I'm still on track. I've also been eating like a pig when I haven't been fasting (which I have kept up). It will be interesting to see how Wednesday's weigh in goes...
03 Jul 2013, 11:28
Hi can anyone tell me where I can find the exercise plan for 30 day shred.

I do a Zumba class once a week (find gym boring) so need to be doing something else.

Thanks.
03 Jul 2013, 15:13
There is no "exercise plan" per se - the 30DS videos are available on YouTube and iTunes and the DVDs can be purchased from places like Amazon.

I haven't found Ripped in 30 on YouTube so I downloaded it onto ITunes for £9.99.

For those who are interested, week 2 of RI30 really steps things up!
10 Jul 2013, 13:06
Anyone still shredding? Still doing level 3...

Decided to have 2 rest days now, knee playing up and trying new things to boost weight loss.

Did 4:3 last week and with couple days off shredding managed to loose 2lb yay
10 Jul 2013, 13:20
Hi Prawny - I'm not Shredding but still Ripping. Just started Week 3 yesterday - it really kicks your a$$! I've been managing 5 days per week, which is right in line with what the DVD recommends - 5-6 days per week, and at least one day of rest per week.
10 Jul 2013, 14:16
Hi everyone! I wrote a cheeky 'I'm Back' thread in introductions because of my ridiculous absence. Holiday and then illness kept me from fasting but I am back and will be re-starting the shred with my mum (!) next week sometime :) Sounds like you're all doing well, how's Ripped in 30 treating you, mummybunny? :)
10 Jul 2013, 14:34
I have already replied to your "I'm Back" thread and am delighted to see you back here - it's been a little lonely since you've been gone.

I'm on Week 3 of Ripped in 30 and it's a lot harder than Level 3 of 30DS. Completing Level 3 of 30DS makes Week 1 of RI30 seem pretty easy if you start it right after finishing 30DS. But it is deceptive! Especially in this hot weather...

Haven't taken any measurements since starting RI30, though had some just before I started. I've lost about a pound and a half in the 2 weeks I've been doing it, and think I'm still getting lots of muscle tone and centimeter shrinkage.

I'm really glad I started getting Shredded/Ripped, and can't wait to see the results in only 2 weeks' time.
10 Jul 2013, 21:39
Mummybunny, sounds good. Think I'll try that next, I am a complete convert. Jillian rocks : )

Good luck Beth!
11 Jul 2013, 07:34
I'm back too - all be it temporarily. Did lots of walking while away but nothing 'proper tough'.
Did a 20 min row yesterday to ease me back in and it was tough- I think Max might need oiled! :confused:
I'm away again in 8 sleeps and intend to shred on alternate days with max in on the other days- maybe with intervals. I'll do shred 1, 2 and 3 - one on each day - just for punishment and to mix it up!
Sounds like a plan? Just wish I wasn't do stupid with jet lag and it wasn't so damned hot.
Hope to Rip when I'm back. You'll be finished by then Mummybunny - you can let me know how mad I am :)
11 Jul 2013, 09:03
Shred day 1 level 1 done. Cardio fitness has diminished dramatically- pooh! Managed everything else though and despite deciding to take the easy route managed most of the advanced- one set of pressups done on knees. Not too shabby.
Got lovely new bright gym gear when I was away, so that's sweated in! Got the medium shorts and find to my great surprise that I could be doing with the small! Astonished! :shock: Just as well they are full of lycra and won;t fall down!
I am more wobbly though, especially around the tummy and waist.
Shouldn't take too long to firm it up a bit though- couple of years? :confused: :dazed: :shock:
Desperate to hear how you're all getting on...
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 12 of 21