The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 9 of 21
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
10 Jun 2013, 08:53
mummybunny2005, at the abs and hula hooping class I do we do a modified superman. Instead of lifting the legs and chest off with your arms straight out, we point our toes but keep our feet on the floor, put our fingers on our temples, the way you do with a sit up, and just raise the chest off the floor. When you lift your chest off the floor, squeeze your bum at the same time. Give that a go and see if it feels any better.
10 Jun 2013, 09:00
Eeek, I can move my arms but my right shoulder is stiff and my neck is a bit too, possibly from sleeping in a funny position rather than shredding?? I'm going to wait until the evening and see if it's better, but if not I'm going to go swimming instead (not a bad idea as I have swimming in river nonsense in three weeks!!)

Re weight loss I lost 1,7 kg this week which is amazing...I didn't lose anything since starting the shred before then so I hope that this is real weight loss and not just water weight (which it seems to be as body fat is down and water is up on the scale?!)
10 Jun 2013, 10:37
Three days, no shred :frown:

Several feeble excuses, none of them actually good enough. Will try tonight, promise :bigfrown:
10 Jun 2013, 11:14
did it! number 29. One berocca and hydration salts, a slap around the head with a wet fish and I just did it.
Intended to do modified everything but ended up with one set of plank rows modifies and bum kicks instead of rockstar jumps.
Not too shabby methinks.
Going to lie down in a darkened room now - after decontaminating....
11 Jun 2013, 08:47
:victory: *wheeze* *pant* *drip* just finished *wheeze* day 30 :D :D
results tomorrow (please let it have made a difference)
11 Jun 2013, 08:59
janeg wrote: :victory: *wheeze* *pant* *drip* just finished *wheeze* day 30 :D :D
results tomorrow (please let it have made a difference)

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Well done, I await the results with bated breath!!!!!

I did shred in the end yesterday, and it sparked a major row with my other half as he couldn't see why I couldn't do it either in the local park or in the living room with him and my 2 children :curse:

So anyway I will be shredding this evening, then tomorrow, and then I'm having a break until Sunday as we are going away for the weekend, and I think I'll start level three on Monday :smile:
11 Jun 2013, 09:26
Well done, janeg, you've still done something amazing. Fingers crossed for "after" results. And great result nicky_94!

Effie, are you back among us? I took a break last night, but still managed to do 32 minutes on the stationary bike and over an hour and a half's walk to dinner and back. I'll get back on track tonight.
11 Jun 2013, 11:01
Nicky_94 wrote: BethP - did you see a difference on the after pics??

I think so! I took pictures on Days 10 and 20 at first and I thought I couldn't see anything at first but actually I can. Bit nervous about posting my pictures haha! :) I think if I repeated it with proper weights I'd see even more of a difference.

Forgot to post my overall results!

Start
Weight: 9 stone 8lbs / 134lbs / 60.8kg
Waist: 28¼in / 72cm
Abdomen: 35in / 88cm
Arms: 11½in / 29cm
Thighs: 22in / 56cm

Finish
Weight: 9 stone 4lbs / 131lbs / 59.4kg
Waist: 27½in / 70cm
Abdomen: 33in / 84cm
Arms: 11in / 28cm
Thighs: 21in / 53½ cm

So overall, pretty good! :)

Keep it up everyone!
12 Jun 2013, 07:15
Well- the results!!!! *fanfare* :geek:
I have lost 11.5cm in total!
1.5 from bust
1 from the waist
0 from hips
2 from my widest point (between hips and tummy)
1.5 from one thigh
0 from the other :?:
0 from one calf
1 from the other (opposite from thigh) :razz:
4 from midriff

There was an initial 14cm loss after day 10 and an acual increase from day 10 to the finish :confused: :curse: :dazed:
Not sure about weight as I will weigh later- really don't like jumping on the scale. So, Friday before I go on holidays and after a fast on Thurday. So wrong cos I usually weigh monthly on a Sunday when the previous fast has been Wed/Thurs.
So, all in all not a startling result.
BUT
I am much fitter- the recovery time (AKA the 'well skelpt behind' face returning to pink) has reduced dramatically,
I can keep going in all the cardio - maybe not doing the moves they are doing but keeping going anyway
AND
I can do all the strength at advanced level (except full sit ups but I'm NEVER going to do them- can't and won't)
I have more definition and muscle tone- nearly see the bottom of my rib cage
and I am much more energetic. :grin:

So the plan :cool:
I go on holiday and just being away from the sandpit in decent weather makes sure that I'll be much more active in a NEAT way. Also serious walking. I have 3 days work and that is PHYSICAL.
And I've managed to find and download :shock: Ripped in30....
12 Jun 2013, 14:27
Awesome result janeg, well done. Good luck with the weigh-in! Enjoy your holiday too...

We look forward to hearing about you Ripped in 30 adventures.
13 Jun 2013, 19:24
Well done Beth and janeg.

I'm running behind, doing about two weeks at each level. Level 2 is feeling easier in places, I have promised myself - and the voice of Jillian in my head - that I will move on to Level 3 on Saturday.

More progress, although the scales are still stuck:

I impressed the lady waxing my legs today. She had been rearranging the towels, it was only after a couple of minutes chatting that she said, "That's OK, you can stop showing off your stomach muscles now and put your feet down! " To be honest, I though she hadn't quite finished the towel tidy and was politely and helpfully keeping my feet out of the way :wink:

Go shredders and whatever you are called when you have shredded and finished :victory:
13 Jun 2013, 19:26
It's called being knackered ;)
13 Jun 2013, 20:42
Just did a workout after a day's rest following yesterday's temper tantrum (see the "Delighted or Disappointed?" topics). I think the rest actually did me a little good, gave me renewed focus and energy. I tend to get a little afraid when I take a break that I will quit for good, maybe because I have form in that department!

I definitely feel more defined now than I even did yesterday. I wore a dress to work today that I hadn't been able to wear for a while, and didn't feel the need to cover it with a jacket. I felt almost like strutting!

We seem to have lost some of our shredders - where are you???
14 Jun 2013, 05:35
Weigh in shows a 400g loss this week, so it seems that a combination of 4:3 and the shred thing has kick started me back to just under a pound a week loss. YAY.
And now for the holidays.
Thanks for all the support. This thread has made it much easier - accountable almost :D
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 9 of 21