The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 14 of 21
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
20 Jul 2013, 08:02
Wow Mummybunny, that's amazing!! Wish I had taken measurements now...but I did try on two pairs of shorts I wore last summer and they literally fell down, although weight wise I'm only about 2/3 kilos less than I was the last time I wore them, so I think the 30ds is definately the reason for that!!
22 Jul 2013, 10:14
Hi all, I'll be joining you for the next round of 30 day shreddings! Anyone else new to the thread? I did the shred months and months ago but have done no exercise for about 6 months and am very unfit so I know this will hurt. Have been putting it off for ages though, so *have got* to start this evening. I will do it! SPARTAAAAA!

How's everyone getting on with their goals?
22 Jul 2013, 13:56
Newbie here. I started the shred yesterday after months of being a couch potato - quite thankful I could move enough to give day 2 a go this morning! Abs, shoulders and legs starting to ache now though. HATE those push ups!!!!
25 Jul 2013, 11:49
Hi Everyone, I did my first shred day of level one yesterday... yes I found it a bit of challenge towards the end of the jumping jacks.. it felt good and brought me a big smile when I knew it is over (cool down) at the end of the 20 mins. :oops:
I found out that I am not very flexible when I did the cool down moves :geek: . I do admit I did the easy version :razz: but am proud that I did start the shred after I read all these posts here. :grin:
Today i'd be doing my day 2 on my fast day... fabulous.... good luck to everyone else who is doing this round of NEW shredders :like:
27 Jul 2013, 16:57
Tough & challenging .... I am looking forward to when I can stop cursing as it gets near the end
27 Jul 2013, 18:20
I've done 7 days of level 1 since restarting, I've been doing the hard versions of everything and it's been quite a challange actually, but I'm so much fitter than I was the first time, I'm not even out of breath for the cardio, I'm going to start adding weights like on level 3 from tomorrow!

Mummybunny - I think I read somewhere that you had finished ripped in 30 - what are you doing now?
27 Jul 2013, 20:34
Hi, I started the 30 day shred a few months back and enjoyed it! Unfortunately like all my best plans I fell off the wagon:( thinking now that I'm a few pounds lighter it would be good to try again. Need to look out the DVD. Well done to everyone doing it and enjoying good results. X
27 Jul 2013, 21:26
Hi, I've had a little break the last couple of days but I downloaded 6 Week 6 Pack and am intending to start that tomorrow. I really wish I could do Extreme Shed and Shred but I need something I can watch on my iPad. ESS is only available in the UK on DVD.
27 Jul 2013, 22:02
OMG I just looked at a preview of shed and shred, it looks insane!

Have you tried the banish fat boost metabolism one or no more trouble zones? I think I might go for one of those soon, I've had enough of the 30 ds, I'm word perfect LOL!
28 Jul 2013, 10:26
Someone smack my wrist, I keep falling off the wagon :(

Needing some serious support, I just fall apart when I come home! I can't create a routine because of my mum, which sounds like a rubbish excuse... but still. She's very indulgent and I am as well when I come home, we drink a bit too much and definitely eat too much (we eat out a lot). But she is going away on Wednesday for 11 days so I have that time to create a routine... But then there's going to my boyfriend's house and he can be a bad influence too! He half-heartedly fasts sometimes but tempts me with sweets and things... Gah.

Anyway, I've got 3 weeks until my holiday and I have restarted the shred with a vengeance. I bought the Jillian 4-pack (30DS, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and 6W6P) and will be taking it to my boyfriend's house and back to uni when I go! I am determined.

Sorry for the mini rant, but I must be made accountable for this! I will log in here every and I must, must, must do some form of exercise every day. I don't want to try the other ones yet because I don't have the time to complete the full thing, but I'm going to do a week of each level on the 30DS.

Hope you're all getting on well! Let me know :)
28 Jul 2013, 17:54
I'm in - have done two days of level one and am raring to go. I AM worried about level three though. I've never managed to get past 2 before, and it seems like a big jump from 2 to 3. Yeek!

BethP, have you made a thread where you ask for some support from the forumites? I made one recently and having people talk me out of my slump has really helped. You seem like you're doing all the right stuff - best of luck! Hope I'll see you back here again tomorrow having done the workout!
29 Jul 2013, 15:35
I'm struggling too right now. I bought 6w6p on iTunes because it was the only one I could download - as I've mentioned before I don't have a good room with a DVD player in it for exercising. I watched it on Friday to see how the moves went (at least I was on an exercise bike) but haven't touched it since then. What I really want is a total body workout like 30DS and RI30 - my arms have been getting rather buff! - and I'm afraid 6w6p may give me fab abs at the expense of my arms. And today I am absolutely knackered - I didn't get much sleep last night because of some stuff going on in my job - more tired than I have been since starting fasting. So I really need some motivation!

Good luck BethP and all the rest of you shredders.
29 Jul 2013, 21:36
Proud to say I powered through and did my first day of 6w6p. It went fine, in fact some moves were too easy and I will need to add weights. But I think if I do that I may get more of the total body workout I want. Will keep you posted (whether you want it or not!).
30 Jul 2013, 15:44
Mummybunny, you should check out Blogilates on youtube. She has excellent Pilates videos that range from beginner to pro, and a whole beginner's program that's amazing! Would be a great total body workout. Check out the "POP Pilates for Beginners" one - 30 mins long and OUCH. :)

I had no energy yesterday, but I stuck with Jillian and got through it! Now for tonight!
30 Jul 2013, 19:06
Well done mummybunny and swingy! I have managed to stay on track for 3 days now, Level 1 is all too familiar and I think I'll move on much quicker this time. Only problem is those blasted push-ups...

What's 6W6P actually like, mummybunny? Is it really all abs or does it do a bit more of your body too? I think 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' is the cardio-heavy one, so I get the feeling doubling up or switching between DVDs (if you get around to downloading/buying them) is your best bet for a 'full body workout'. I know what you mean though, the shred really does do everything!

Swingy, you'll be fine on level 3 :) Just keep thinking 'it's only 20 minutes', haha! I find my mind wanders when I do the moves now, the time flies by. Still works up a sweat though...

I've eaten too much today and yesterday which is a drag, but at least I'll be fasting later this week and exercising. My muscles are aching daily again now but it feels good :) Nice to be getting back to some exercise! Summer holidays are difficult, but the squidgy tummy will not win...

Keep it up :D
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 14 of 21