The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 17 of 21
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
16 Aug 2013, 06:08
I'm doing day 3 of level 1 today. I alternate days with an hour of yoga. I'm not strong enough to do both in one day, and my yoga practice is too important to me to give up.

I'm using a combination of weights. 1kg for the dreaded side lunges with arm raises and 2kg for all the others. Apart from the awful, awful push ups, I'm not finding it too bad. I've had a sneak peak at level 2; those walking plank push-up things look ouchy :-(
16 Aug 2013, 08:08
Hi all

Yeah i'm doing walking too, so far i'm averaging 3-4 miles walk plus shred every day. But I had a day off yesterday because I felt totally exhausted!

Back to it tonight though, might go a cycle over the weekend also.

Lesley- I dont feel it too much in the abs either just now even though it hurts while i'm doing it!?

It's the calves that i find hurt must, and because i've got a calf injury i have to be careful! worried about level 2 already because of all the jumping/sudden movements, might need to modify! that's where i gave up last time :frown:
16 Aug 2013, 08:51
Yesterday I got derailed by everything else and by the time the evening came I was too far gone down the path of self preservation and evading pain that just ended my fast with some raw sweet vegetables and low calorie hummus.

Today however will be different, it is raining here, and walking does not look very attractive right now so I will do the Shred in the morning. I am sticking with my plan and based on that there is one more shred to go before I move to Level 2. :cool:

I find it easier doing the Shred on Fast days, somehow I feel more comfortable with the bending, twisting and jumping madly :wink:

@Jetlag: I have avoided watching any thing past the level 1 just in case I find it too ouchy even before I start :geek: :smile:

@vix89: you sound very well in tune with all of this :?: How can you possibly do 100 of anything like squat standups etc? One thing for sure is that you will have an enviable advantage over me :wink:

@lesley54: Keep up the good effort and it will work - honestly it will make a big difference. Even after a week or two you will notice posture change, flexibility and abilities improve. Oh yes the ABS will begin to say hello soon... I promise you'll feel them :wink:

@rebelsue2: Welcome back to Shred. I am sure this time around you feel it easier to pass the mid way point of 15 days. :like:

And to everyone else who might be doing silently without coming on to this board to talk much about, good luck to you too.
16 Aug 2013, 11:55
Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

I have had a long think about this. All that I have been taught over the years is to never repeat the same exercises two days in a row. Even good advice about this on the NHS C25K. Today I am still a little stiff in the same muscles as before. The only problem is, it is not in the areas I want to work. I don't want to build muscles, I want to tone parts. Hope that makes sense.

I am NOT giving up on this. I will continue with it on alternative days to give my muscles a chance to recover. On the other days I will be concentrating on the areas I need to tone up. I will also thrown in some runs. So now on with my 60D programme.

I must remember my body is not 20 years old any more!!

Good luck to you all and I will keep posted with my progress, and I will need more motivation and encouragement please.

Lesley. :grin:
19 Aug 2013, 09:07
Shred done today.

My body feels much better for the short rest and I hope by doing it on alternative days it will help my body and mind.

How are the other Shredded people getting on?

Lesley
19 Aug 2013, 15:32
Hello :)

I'm doing ok, I'm on day 6 now, had a few rest days because I was feeling exhausted.
Also been doing my walking

How's everyone else getting on?
19 Aug 2013, 18:25
Glad you are still with us Sue.

Yes, what about the rest of you shredders????
21 Aug 2013, 15:28
Hey everyone! Don't worry I didn't abandon ship, just came back to England from Aus on Monday so just been recovering from the jetlag haha. I had to miss the last two days of level one due to being so busy packing and whatnot, but going to get back on it tomorrow.
Saeed the squats were not without difficulty haha! Maybe limit those to once a week.
Need new running shoes too, will get those tomorrow before I get out the habit. Well done everyone so far, we are doing well!
27 Aug 2013, 07:06
Hi All

How are you all getting on?

I've started level 2, having to be careful with my leg so having a few days off to rest it now.

How's everyone else getting on?

I lost 4.5 inches on level 1 and weight stayed the same!
03 Sep 2013, 12:44
OK count me in! I've read through this whole thread and began Level one yesterday. I did my second workout this morning. My upper arms and outer thigh muscles are killing me! My heart goes absolutely crazy with the cardio (due to a health condition), so I modified it a bit. But today I managed to get through it without a single pause, so I'm quite pleased.

I am going on holiday for a week in just over 10 days' time so I am thinking I will try and get in 10 sessions of level one if possible and then perhaps repeat level one again when I return, to ease back in. If I don't crash too badly in the meantime, that is LOL.

The DVD is currently winging its way to me, in the meantime I'm using the YouTube video. Level two sounds a bit scary and I'll try not to think about it.

This is definitely a more intense level of exercise than I've been doing previously. I hope I can continue.

Good luck to everyone!
04 Sep 2013, 09:33
Right, I hit the comedy walk stage yesterday on day 2!! I was in a fair bit of pain all day. So today I made it a little less high-impact - I did the cardio sections on my rebounder, and only used weights for a couple of the squat exercises. That helped I think. I'm finding it OK so far! Day 3 (with modifications ;)) done!
04 Sep 2013, 10:51
Well done Whitelily77!!

I have completely stopped at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to find the time, especially as I have a big work deadline looming and I am way behind. I need to buck up my ideas...I'm going to restart from tomorrow!!!
04 Sep 2013, 13:17
Just did first day of this..I swear I feel like I am dying. I have never sweated so much before in my life. I had to stop for a few seconds at a few points too. Please tell me this gets easier :o
04 Sep 2013, 14:24
Hello Nicky, thank you for the encouragement, and hope you manage to find your motivation again - and hi also to Vicky!

Yes - that was day 1 for me too, on Monday - I sweated like mad! And took several breaks to get my breath. Yesterday (day 2) I made it through the workout without taking a break and was then in a fair bit of pain for the rest of the day. So today, I scaled back the intensity, as I said. that was much better.

At some point over the next day or two, going by what everyone on here says, you'll definitely feel the burn! (It hit me pretty fast!) It's meant to get easier though! I don't hurt so much today, my calf muscles are still a bit stiff though :)

Good luck!
05 Sep 2013, 10:01
Level 1 day 4 done. I'll do day 5 tomorrow and make Saturday a rest day - back to it on Sunday. Also fasting today.

Bit less sore so far - that's good! I'm sweating like crazy again though, not a pretty sight! :lol:
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
306 posts Page 17 of 21